• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newtown adopts new firearms ordinance...

English is not my first language. Could anyone please explain me the meaning of "no resident may shoot for more than four hours after police are notified"?

English is not my first language. Could anyone please explain me the meaning of "no resident may shoot for more than four hours after police are notified"?

I interpret that to mean you are required to let the police know when/where you will be shooting, and will then have a 4 hr. time limit for your practice.

With regard to that, I wish I could afford enough ammo to shoot for 4 hours straight![laugh]

I interpret that to mean you are required to let the police know when/where you will be shooting, and will then have a 4 hr. time limit for your practice.

With regard to that, I wish I could afford enough ammo to shoot for 4 hours straight![laugh]
Yup, and the shooters now can watch their time, "It's been just 3 hours and 50 minutes. Let's dump 10 more (10-round) mags!"

and shooting is limited to one person at a time

So murder is okay if it's only one person at a time??

Seriously though, was this "one at a time" even defined? One handing a weapon? Or are they saying shots need to be spaced out in time...by how much.. 1 sec... 2 seconds? It's great when liberals write laws.

I'm actually working in Newtown today, as I do this time each month for the last two years. One of the things I find interesting is that in the weeks and first few months following Sandy Hook, there were signs, banners, balloons, ribbons, and various decorations in memorial. Now, one will see the occasional faded sign in a storefront window proclaiming "We Support Sandy Hook" and every once in a while, a person will stroll by with the green "Sandy Hook" jelly bracelet. Even if you go into the neighborhoods, you hardly see any green ribbons on trees and in yards.

It seems the only people who are trying to constantly relive the tragedy, are the ones who desperately fear the Second Amendment and those who support it.

Seriously though, was this "one at a time" even defined? One handing a weapon? Or are they saying shots need to be spaced out in time...by how much.. 1 sec... 2 seconds? It's great when liberals write laws.

This'll make dueling trees really boring.

An even better question is why would the police even be notified?

As I said in my earlier post, it's basically a snob or noise issue.

Police Chief Michael Kehoe said the impetus for the proposal comes from an "inordinate amount of calls" in the past year about shooting on private residential properties.
"It seemed like it was every weekend for a while, and in the fall it seemed to intensify," Kehoe said.
The complaining residents were not only seeking relief from noise disturbance, they feared dangerous conditions near their homes, the chief said.

They were pushing for this before Sandy Hook, Town ponders target shooting limits - NewsTimes

It is a snob ordinance for noise and such. The NYC liberals who moved to the country don't like the country activities.

I hope newtown gets struck by a missile from Syria. Do us a favor Assad.

while there are a bunch of shooters and sportsman from newtown who are fighting the good fight, i completely agree with you. newtown can ****ing burn for all i care.

Back
Top Bottom