• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newtown adopts new firearms ordinance...

Thank Christ no one can shoot for more than 4 hours, it's that 5th hour of shooting that usually causes me to go on a killing spree [rolleyes]

Just more fuddery from CT... How much do you want to bet that either a town in MA, or the entire state, will go a step further than that soon?

thank god, now 26 people can't die... oh, shit, wait. closing the barn door after the horse has already escaped.

people just don't get it. if someone is intent on causing harm to innocents--they'll do it. punishing those who do NOT wish to harm innocents only serves to make the world a more dangerous place. the more good guys out there who are proficient with firearms, the fewer shots the bad guys will get off/slashes with a knife, etc.

thank god, now 26 people can't die... oh, shit, wait. closing the barn door after the horse has already escaped.

people just don't get it. if someone is intent on causing harm to innocents--they'll do it. punishing those who do NOT wish to harm innocents only serves to make the world a more dangerous place. the more good guys out there who are proficient with firearms, the fewer shots the bad guys will get off/slashes with a knife, etc.

Yup. Just like taking the keys away from sober people is the answer to stopping drunk driving accidents. [thinking]

After four hours you'll have plenty of mags to reload for the next for hours, or do I just need more mags?

If you have to ask if you need more mags, you NEED more mags... More standard (30 round) capacity mags too. Or get some SureFire 60 or 100 round mags. Hell, go for a few Beta Mags if you can afford them.

Oh, wait, you're in MA... Sorry about that... Sucks to have to pay too much just to get old mags in standard capacity.

Hundreds of people offered about 200 hours of testimony for the ordinance in the town where 20 children and six educators were fatally shot in an elementary school last December.

The ordinance says no resident may shoot for more than four hours after police are notified and shooting is limited to one person at a time.
[rolleyes]
Target backstops are required and must be 10 feet above the target.
Well, there certainly weren't any math majors involved here...

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely support this legislation. I'm sure its going to stop all the mad men from ever doing anything bad ever again. In fact this is a model for the entire country to follow. Because punishing and restricting the lawful has proven so successful in all other places its been done.

So by making unlawful to discharge a firearm on private proerty within a half mile of a school, they are taking your property, the same applies to how many hours you can shoot and how many at a time can shoot.

Does this just apply to private property? The story doesn't say. Also ironic that the NSSF is based there.

I think it would be fun to see the reaction of the police if every few minutes they got notification of the intent to fire via text, email...however.
Just a constant barrage of 'notifications.

'To whom it may concern. I'm shooting". "...and again". "some more...".

This isnt a reaction to the school shooting, it's a changing of the newtown population. I've seen articles, etc before the shooting there were complaints from some new residents about recreational target shooting. Newtown has a lot of new residents from NYC and they are anti gun and don't like the noise, etc.

This is the same issue as boston liberals moving out to the burbs or country and complaining about farm smells. I agree it is completely stupid but it's not directly related to the gun control push or the shooting.

Back
Top Bottom