• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Newton Gun Shop getting pushback

Let’s send Antifa or BLM directions to Newton, Newtonians might then change their mind
Never happen. Too many Democrat mega donors.

Newton is AntiFA/BLM “NOGO” zone.
Don't be like residents of Newton.

Don't suck for the narrative that the worm won't turn;
that the Left will never get around to biting the hand that feeds it.

Here is a website. Very rough shape and not optimized for smartphones.
Please comment, make suggestions, criticize, let me know if it's stupid, or that I should take it down because I'll be sued.

I get the sentiment, but other than making the author feel good and getting a few laughs, the site will accomplish nothing productive. Appearance suggests the site is intended to shame the Newton City Council by associating the members with the term bigot--something they _should_ find reprehensible. The problem is the moniker won't stick because they and the vast majority of their constituents won't be able to make the connection between pulling the rug out from under an FFL and bigotry.

The councilors are undoubtedly members of a party wholly committed to firearm prohibition. To them, civilian disarmament is both ethical and necessary, and any step toward that, regardless of how small and how underhanded, is a righteous endeavor. So it is not even remotely possible for them to feel shame about spiking that dealer's application by changing the rules after the fact. Moreover, the councilors serve a constituency obviously as devoted to the prohibition of firearms as they are, and within a state dominated by disarmament enthusiasts.

Please comment, make suggestions, criticize, let me know if it's stupid, or that I should take it down because I'll be sued.

City counsel should ask every business that operates near a school: Are convicted sex offenders allowed to shop in your store, or do you require your customers present proof of a clean criminal record like the gun shop does?

Thanks for your effort. Though I am sure it was very cathartic for you and well intentioned, it accomplishes squat. These people don’t care about you, us or anything we say or think.
Thanks.

Have to agree, will accomplish nothing. But if you add dicks their mouths it could possibly get their attention. But only photoshop men photos, no one would believe those women ever saw a dick.

Please can a couple of you edit your most recent posts and remove the website link. I'm already getting Newton area hits that could link my name as the website creator. Thanks

City counsel should ask every business that operates near a school: Are convicted sex offenders allowed to shop in your store, or do you require your customers present proof of a clean criminal record like the gun shop does?
Residents at every ZBA hearing for a business requiring zoning relief from now on should ask those questions. Get the board on record for being hypocrites.

Every time this thread gets bumped, I am reminded how much I hate Newton and pretty much most of these fart sniffing towns around here.....

My cousins neighbor in Newton keeps complaining about his professionally trained Rotty who is always loose in his fenced in yard because "those things are dangerous and there are kids in this neighborhood!" As you can imagine, her house/lawn are COVERED in BLM, diversity, peace, and LGBTUVWXYZ signs.

If it makes you guys feel better, in honor of this thread, we'll send him over to her lawn to leave a nice steamy representation of what I think about Newton this afternoon. Maybe stick a little Gadsden toothpick flag in it after and get it elevated to a hate crime.

is it removed already again or it did not make it in there yet?
They removed it already with the reason: " unsourced editorializing and apparent advertising; also, not sure "controversies" is the right heading for this, since no controversy is asserted "

It depends on if the Wikis censoring of political advocacy when presenting it as objective information is even handed.

I saw a news report this morning about Bibi's "12 year grip on power" ending .... but it could just have been "12 years of public service coming to a close". It all depends on how the media wished to lead public opinion.

Wikipedia has some monstrous power hungry editors which will spend their entire existence editing and deleting articles on subjects they have a personal Jihad against. There was a noncontroversial community organization (like the equivalent of 4H) in Boston with a wiki page which had existed since the beginning of Wikipedia that some nutcase moderator in Portland, Oregon (that as far as anyone could tell had zero connections to Boston) took offense to about 5 years ago and deleted not only the page, but every other article, and reference to the organization on Wikipedia. Dozens of other pages tangentially related and references on other pages to those people/things were purged too. Everything the editor could thing of to expunge the organization from the internet they did.

Anyone can edit WIkipedia pages. I highly doubt the organization made changes to the Newton page THAT quickly - more likely a Newton twatwafle

Please tell me this guy found someone to help him sue the pants off Newton....looks like other "like minded" areas are looking at playing follow the leader with restrictive zoning

Since Newton began working on regulating gun shops, officials in Brookline and Wellesley have begun exploring whether to implement their own rules.

Melvin Kleckner, Brookline’s town administrator, said the town is actively exploring zoning restrictions and other mechanisms to regulate gun stores. Officials will probably propose changes to Brookline’s general and zoning bylaws at the next Town Meeting in November.

Don McCauley, Wellesley’s planning director, said residents approached the town about creating regulations for gun stores after the issue came up in Newton. A public hearing is scheduled for July 18.

Towvim said other communities should view Newton as a “cautionary tale” and move to pass their own local gun store regulations.

Back
Top Bottom