Newsflash -- No ammo sales at the Walmarts in Framingham and Northboro

I buy ammo at the Northboro store all the time! Im Pissed! I will make a point to ask what happened next time I go in. I am sure its a corporate move in an overall effort to phase out anything firearms related. The BB guns will be next....

Check the local laws. When I visited the Quincy WalMart a few weeks ago, the sporting goods dept. clerk cheerily informed me:"No ammunition sales allowed in Quincy." I haven't checked the law there, but I bet she's right. Why would WalMart otherwise forego a sale?

Stock up while in NH, gentlemen.

I stopped at the Derry Walmart today and bought 850 rounds in various calibers.

And some laundry detergent.

New Walmart floor plan

It must be a new floorplan. About a month ago my local Walmart had their floorplan redone (departments moved to different parts of store, new layouts, etc.) and I noticed that the department is much smaller than before. Although, honestly, I don't think my Walmart ever had ammo. I don't shop much and avoid Walmart as much as possible. I'd rather buy my ammo from some place like Blue Northern or other local dealer.

Same thing happened at the super walmart in Danvers. They Removed the counter and all ammunition. Even when they had ammunition it always took an hour to get someone to open it.

Same thing happened at the super walmart in Danvers. They Removed the counter and all ammunition. Even when they had ammunition it always took an hour to get someone to open it.

Wrong. That's what I thought. They are remodeling the Danvers location. They moved all the ammo to the back left corner. It's all in the glass stand-up case. I've gone in twice now and each time there was someone at the counter. The last time I went in was about a two weeks ago.

I was at the Framingham Wal-Mart this past Mon and picked up a few boxes of WWB. They had a decent stock at the time, wonder where it all went.

No longer any more in the Fairhaven store

That sucks. I used to buy ammo from there a lot, especially the WWB stuff. I was in Dartmouth today and they still had a bunch.

I have a feeling though it'll soon be like the "remember when..." stories like when people talk about buying surplus guns at Woolworths back in the day. Only it'll be- Remember when you could go into Wal Mart and buy a value pack of 9mm or 40S&W ammo?

I was at the Framingham Wal-Mart this past Mon and picked up a few boxes of WWB. They had a decent stock at the time, wonder where it all went.

I'm going out on a limb, but I'm going to say that they're just moving it around or something. Their ammo case is not that obvious if you're not looking for it.

I was in the Walpole store a few days ago. They are remodeling/rearranging the entire store. I found the ammo counter and they had some, but not much. I asked the nearest associate if the ammo sales were being discontinued and he said not to his knowledge. I'll probably check back in a few days and see if its gone!

I've been in a few Wal-Marts over the past month or so. They seem to be re-arranging all the Wal-Marts in the area. Sporting Goods seems to be going into the far right corner in the stores I was in. New ammo case in those stores.

While they were re-arranging the SG department, no ammo was out on the floor for a while.

That's the likely scenario.

No problem in FL. Yelena said that she pays as much as $10 more a box (in this case, 100 of .45 Winchester Auto FMJ) in RI than here. I really didn't think that the prices were that different.

wal mart ammo

in Hudson MA. they took down the counter and moved it into a glass case
in the sporting goods dept. The inventory is piss poor. I reload so
at this point it doesn't affect me.

JimB

I spoke with someone in the Framingham walmart.... they are moving sporting goods to another location of the store. They were not 100% sure when ammo would be back up for sale. Which sucks because I work around the corner.

Danvers moved the location of the ammo as pointed out. The good news was that the amount and selection was increased.

The guy who helped me (once I found him) was in the process of getting his LTC and another guy said they might be bringing black powder supplies and hinted at bp rifles maybe making a come back.

Unfortunatly the first guy who actually had the keys but was not authorized to sell ammo said "I think they should not be allowed to sell any ammo personally." I know I should not have let the statement go unanswered but figured it was easie to let the other fellow help who also thought that guy was an a-hole.

Back
Top Bottom