New York "reasonable gun control" legislation - help needed!

I got this in a postcard from the NRA-ILA yesterday. I took the time to read some of these bills - these measures are some of the worst in the country - I can not believe that the Assembly passed them.

Every gun owner needs to hammer the NY state Senate and stop these. I'm not sure how non-New Yorkers can help, but we need all the help we can get.

In the "Assault Weapon" ban the changes are huge - I think 80% of my rifles will become felon charges - and there is no grandfather or "manufactured before" date in the legislation. The scary feature count changes from 2 to 1and includes compensators, any barrel shroud that allows you to hold the barrel (figure that one out) and a bunch of other new scary features - then, it allows the State Police to ban any weapons they feel are dangerous and military.

I wonder if they got this wording from Nazi Germany's gun ban, or Stalin's gun ban.

It doesn't stop at "assault weapons" - just check out the list below.

Here is the ILA postcard:

Your Help is Needed To Stop Anti-Gun Bills In New York!
May 5, 2009

Dear New York NRA Member:

As expected, the anti-gun majority in the New York State Assembly passed numerous bills that would have an enormous impact on law-abiding gun owners, sportsmen and responsible licensed firearms retailers. Emboldened by a new political landscape in Albany, where Democrats now outnumber Republicans in the Senate by a razor-thin margin, anti-gunners in the Assembly approved the following bills that are now pending in the State Senate:

• Assembly Bill 801A would require five-year renewals on pistol licenses. Its companion bill is Senate Bill 1598
  • Assembly Bill 1093 would impose new restrictions on licensed dealers and require retailers to obtain liability insurance against the possibility of a crime being committed with a firearm any time after it is legally sold. The companion bil to A1093 is Senate Bill 1715.
  • Assembly Bill 1326 would outlaw handguns "capable" of being fired by anyone five years of age or younger, this legislation would outlaw virtually all handguns in New York.
  • Assembly Bill 2881 would ban frangible ammuniotion. The companion bill for A2881 is Senate Bill 2379.
  • Assembly Bill 2882 would expand the ballistic imaging program.
  • Assembly Bill 3076A would institute a training requriement for issuance of a pistol license.
  • Assembly Bill 3211A would outlaw .50-caliber firearms.
  • Assembly Bill 5844 would require the mandatory storage of firearms. The companion bill for A5844 is Senate Bill 3098.
  • Assembly Bill 6157 would expand the state's current ban on so-called "assault weapons."
  • Assembly Bill 6468 would ban the same of all semi-automatic handguns not equipped with so-called micro-stampings technology. The companion bill for A6468 is Senate Bill 4397. This legislation would also ban the sale of all used semi-automatic handguns.

Holy crap!!![sad2] Your legislators suck as bad if not worse than ours here in Mass. You guys need to try to stop those measures with a quickness, and any state legislator that even hinted at supporting such a rat bastard idea like that ought to be voted out of office, and hung from a tall tree with a short rope, and not in that order either. That sucks man, hopefully you guys will be able to get those bills struck down. Wish you luck.

This will have a difficult time getting the neccessary votes in the Senate...there are several Democratic Senators from upstate that are against the legislation...if it does pass, its time for me to move to Vermont[grin]

I'm not sure how to help a sinking ship from a sinking ship...[thinking] The New Yorkers who come to The Lodge at Dicks in Pittsfield and gloat about how much better they have it in NY than MA, won't be so smug now....Perhaps they should use that same ebergy to fight. I have been warning them for months, (literally), that irons were in the fire in NY that would make MA gun laws seem like total freedom...There's even an undercurrent to push a bill to recall LTC's - wait until that shows up. [rolleyes]

The hour is now upon you New York...What will you do?

I'm not sure how to help a sinking ship from a sinking ship...[thinking] The New Yorkers who come to The Lodge at Dicks in Pittsfield and gloat about how much better they have it in NY than MA, won't be so smug now....Perhaps they should use that same ebergy to fight. I have been warning them for months, (literally), that irons were in the fire in NY that would make MA gun laws seem like total freedom...There's even an undercurrent to push a bill to recall LTC's - wait until that shows up. [rolleyes]

The hour is now upon you New York...What will you do?

I have never once thought that NY gun laws were better than MA. I dont know what they are thinking.

Assembly Bill 2881 would ban frangible ammuniotion.

Okay, I know all the proposals are just screwed, but, what is their intent behind banning frangible ammo?

ETA - is there anything your neighbors in MA can do to assist?

Back
Top Bottom