• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NEW S&W M&P FPC FOLDING CARBINE

Fugly but an interesting and cool concept for sure.

Like the rest of the boomers I’m going to hold out until it is available in gods caliber as confirmed by JMB.

(Thats John Moses Browning and 45 ACP for you Gen X,Y, Z guys 😆)

If it ever becomes available in 45 ACP I will give it a hard look especially with the other stock options.

I know, I’m a heretic but I don’t own anything in 9mm, or 40 for that matter. (Neither does my wife. 😆)

Bob

If only someone would bring back the Marlin Camp Carbine. Then I could use my 5906 magazines.
Companies that make PCC's are focused on following whatever has the highest potential market, meaning it's more likely we will see a PCC that uses P365 mags before one that uses 5900 series mags.

The reality is stuff like the 5900, Ruger P series, Browning Hi Power are considered old. The industry doesn't care about that stuff.

Not every PCC has to be wood and blue steel, but, the Beretta aside, the poly PCC's are almost all universally ugly.

What I'd like more than anything with a PCC is one that isn't straight blowback. I want a lower recoiling PCC and that seems to be unobtanium unless it's an MP5.

Cmmg has a roller delay blowback upper in 9mm like the mp5

Not every PCC has to be wood and blue steel, but, the Beretta aside, the poly PCC's are almost all universally ugly.

What I'd like more than anything with a PCC is one that isn't straight blowback. I want a lower recoiling PCC and that seems to be unobtanium unless it's an MP5.
That's cute but are you willing to pay the extra $ it costs to do that right? Oh wait you just answered that question and it is a loud no..... 🤣

If it doesn't use Glock mags it's a hard pass for me. Also that thing is fugly. When Keltec is out classing you in looks, you've done something wrong.
If it doesn't run off Glock or cheap and great double stack mags like the CZ Scorpion does.... waste of time.... unless someone has a huge M&P mag ecosystem already.

The Sig MPX PCC is awesome and substantial and feels like you’re shooting a .22LR.

That's cute but are you willing to pay the extra $ it costs to do that right? Oh wait you just answered that question and it is a loud no..... 🤣
How is it that AR-10's in .308 can be under a grand but for a 9mm with anything other than straight blowback it's 2-3 grand? It has nothing to do with increased manufacturing cost, the companies are selling them at that price because people don't question it and swipe the card.

Apparently, you thought I was serious.

Companies that make PCC's are focused on following whatever has the highest potential market, meaning it's more likely we will see a PCC that uses P365 mags before one that uses 5900 series mags.

The reality is stuff like the 5900, Ruger P series, Browning Hi Power are considered old. The industry doesn't care about that stuff.

Convenient magazines. My ruger PCC takes Glock 9mm.

Just accept it.
This........throw it all in one case with a G17 and bunch of mags.......

The only thing better would be the G20 in backpack with a ruger PCC in 10mm. You could throw it in a backpack and go hunting.

The only thing better would be the G20 in backpack with a ruger PCC in 10mm. You could throw it in a backpack and go hunting.
Still no reason Ruger hasn't made the PC in 10mm yet. When Hi Point is beating you to the 10mm carbine, you done fukked up Ruger.

Maybe it's me, but I'd like to see a wire stock underfolder, sidefolder, or over the top folder. Just like the minimalistic and mid 20th century look.

Still no reason Ruger hasn't made the PC in 10mm yet. When Hi Point is beating you to the 10mm carbine, you done fukked up Ruger.
This.....I was at the Henry booth and the rep was asking the guys what caliber they'd like to see it in.

I said....how about something that can kill a fxcking deer and match the handgun on your hip.........like 10mm or .357?

He said they've gotten a lot of requests for .44 mag and 10mm.

This.....I was at the Henry booth and the rep was asking the guys what caliber they'd like to see it in.

I said....how about something that can kill a fxcking deer and match the handgun on your hip.........like 10mm or .357?

He said they've gotten a lot of requests for .44 mag and 10mm.
All the PCC's are going to come out in 9mm first because it will sell given how cheap the ammo is, but after that it's like they stop and then slap a .40 version together for those who want mo powah.

10mm is the obvious step up, but it's not even as popular as the big 3 and that gets the manufacturers squeamish.

I am very interested to hear that Henry might make a semi auto .44 Mag carbine. I have been asking for years if Ruger would ever bring back the 44 Carbine, but in .357 and other revolver calibers

My biggest issue with the platform is that it has no sights included in the platform. I don’t like having to install after market sights and only a moron trusts an optic as his only means of accuracy.

The Ruger PC Carbine I picked up last year was the same way. No sights, no optics. Just another way to keep the manufacturing costs lower.

Last edited:
Not sure what the appeal of PCC is.

Rifle cartridge better

They're fun to shoot and a lot cheaper to feed than a rifle cartridge.

I shoot my PCC for plinking out to 50 - 75 yards. After that you're reaching the limits of a handgun cartridge in my opinion. If I want to shoot longer distances than I dig out my AR and I'm set to go.

That said I totally understand your statement. I wasn't planning on getting a PCC but them I won one at a charity match last summer and after shooting it a few times I decided to keep it instead of selling it.

Rifle cartridge better
Not only the convenience of being able to use your existing mags and lower-priced pistol ammo, but also the ability to shoot it at the pistol ranges of your club. Unless you belong to a Fudd club that refuses to allow them because "the extra velocity makes them dangerous" or "other shooters will mistake it for a real rifle and and then shoot theirs in the pistol range." :rolleyes:

Rifle cartridge better
Smaller, less expensive, same ammo/mags for pistol/rifle, less bulky comparing 500 pistol vs. 500 rifle rounds.

Convenient magazines. My ruger PCC takes Glock 9mm.
Just accept it.
This.

And this. And this.
Then again, the alternative is a .357 or .44 revolver with matching caliber lever or autoloading rifle.

They are just waiting for all other sales to fizzle, then will spring it like it is brand new.

I can definitely see the appeal. If they bump it up to God’s caliber using existing MP45 mags then I’ll jump on it. My 9mm itch has been scratched and this doesn’t tempt me to sell any of my current pcc.

Just saw these advertised at FS. Ugly yeah, but pretty cheap and I’m sure reliable. Actually thinking about it…

Back
Top Bottom