• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NEW S&W M&P FPC FOLDING CARBINE

Retired-LEO

NES Member

It looks very interesting!

LINK TO THE CARBINE ON THE S&W SITE $659 LIST

@ $659 list its not overly priced.

I have always liked the sub2000, but it has issues with the plastic "trigger group" and the way it folded... made red dots a pain in the a$$

Additionally it's about a pound lighter and costs less that the Ruger PC Carbine Backpacker (based on both list prices).

**Update** Even though I found the S&W FPC interesting. I ended up getting the RUGER PC Carbine w/Magpul Backpacker Stock

Last edited:

It looks very interesting!

LINK TO THE CARBINE ON THE S&W SITE $659 LIST

@ $659 list its not overly priced.

I have always liked the sub2000, but it has issues with the plastic "trigger group" and the way it folded... made red dots a pain in the a$$

Additionally it's about a pound lighter and -$270 less that the Ruger PC Carbine Backpacker (based on both list prices).

It reminds me of the Kel Tec sub-2000, but I'm fairly certain that the quality will be better.

It's like S&W is now hiring the designers Ruger fired for copying Kel-Tec designs crudely with a grease pencil.

Is it really that hard to come up with aesthetically pleasing designs? Magpul seems to get it right and even Ruger has a 50/50 shot these days.

It's like S&W is now hiring the designers Ruger fired for copying Kel-Tec designs crudely with a grease pencil.

Is it really that hard to come up with aesthetically pleasing designs? Magpul seems to get it right and even Ruger has a 50/50 shot these days.
I feel like I should grab a couple colleagues and just specialize in helping them solve that one problem.

"Listen, we've been doing consumer products for decades. If you make the insides work, we'll skin them into something people want to own."

I feel like I should grab a couple colleagues and just specialize in helping them solve that one problem.

"Listen, we've been doing consumer products for decades. If you make the insides work, we'll skin them into something people want to own."

I'm sure Magpul has already tried this and been laughed out of the building. Smith is like the Kia of firearm manufacturers. Ugly AF but you buy one and you're stuck with it for years because nobody wants to buy it from you and it stubbornly won't stop working.

They must have hired Ruger's pistol engineers to design the esthetics! :mad:
BYLAT!
jrzvefb959ia1.jpg

I'm sure Magpul has already tried this and been laughed out of the building. Smith is like the Kia of firearm manufacturers. Ugly AF but you buy one and you're stuck with it for years because nobody wants to buy it from you and it stubbornly won't stop working.
Fair. That's kind of their niche, right? Worst of all, it would be even easier for them to simply strike up a partnership and never have to design the furniture again...here are your standardized mounting geometry and keep-outs; let's chat in a month.

Fair. That's kind of their niche, right? Worst of all, it would be even easier for them to simply strike up a partnership and never have to design the furniture again...here are your standardized mounting geometry and keep-outs; let's chat in a month.

1 month later:

can you make it.....uglier?

Looking at it from tip to butt, I’m thinking:

“Okay, pretty standard, decent looking handguard, hinge mechanism isn’t bad, side folding is bulkier but at least I can leave an optic on it, grip is great; I love M&P grips, sucks I have to use crippled mags but that’s MA, …… buffer tube? What?… wait…. What’s that stock? Holy crap… that’s actually the design? [puke]

In MA, I’m just not seeing this being better than the takedown version of the PC Carbine. Aside from the fact that this isn’t a Ruger.

Bloody blue blazes of bullshit.

Why do all the PCCs need to look like we’re defending the motherland in the last days?

At least Henry is doing it right.
Has no one else in the gun manufacturing industry listened to everyone ask for a rerun of the Camp 9? How difficult is it to enlarge a Model 60 or 10/22?

This sucks donkey nuts.

This would probably save me the money and effort of upgrading a sub2k with m-carbo parts, making it cheaper in the end

Bloody blue blazes of bullshit.

Why do all the PCCs need to look like we’re defending the motherland in the last days?

At least Henry is doing it right.
Has no one else in the gun manufacturing industry listened to everyone ask for a rerun of the Camp 9? How difficult is it to enlarge a Model 60 or 10/22?

This sucks donkey nuts.
Ruger/Magpul got the takedown model of the PC Carbine right, I’d say. I just wish they had a 10mm version.

MAG1076-Hero_Magpul_PC_Backpacker_Stock__Ruger_PC_Carbine_01.1.jpg

Ruger/Magpul got the takedown model of the PC Carbine right, I’d say. I just wish they had a 10mm version.

MAG1076-Hero_Magpul_PC_Backpacker_Stock__Ruger_PC_Carbine_01.1.jpg
100% agreed. I'd buy that in 10mm in a second.

I even like the PPSh-looking version with the MLOK forend and more traditional stock.

As far as I can tell, it really is a scaled up 10-22.

It reminds me of the Kel Tec sub-2000, but I'm fairly certain that the quality will be better.
The Sub 2000 has been around for over 20 years. It's not a quality issue with them, it's a refinement issue.

I'm not going to jizz it to the FPC over the Sub 2000 simply because it's got the S&W in the side. If anything, I trust copies of smaller companies product from a large corporation less.

Back
Top Bottom