• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NEW S&W M&P FPC FOLDING CARBINE

Bloody blue blazes of bullshit.

Why do all the PCCs need to look like we’re defending the motherland in the last days?

At least Henry is doing it right.
Has no one else in the gun manufacturing industry listened to everyone ask for a rerun of the Camp 9? How difficult is it to enlarge a Model 60 or 10/22?

This sucks donkey nuts.
Not every PCC has to be wood and blue steel, but, the Beretta aside, the poly PCC's are almost all universally ugly.

What I'd like more than anything with a PCC is one that isn't straight blowback. I want a lower recoiling PCC and that seems to be unobtanium unless it's an MP5.

When I first saw photos of that I thought it looked like a 3/4 scale MG 42; the rise in the receiver above the trigger group, the angle of the pistol grip, the flutes on the barrel shroud, the bulk of the stock.

The take down lever even looks like the barrel change handle.

:)

It is an SW product.

Probably something rushed with min budget because SW just has to keep releasing new junk.

SW should go back to private and stop putting out junk.
Yeah idk i mean they must do something right people love them

I think they suck but what do i know

Yeah idk i mean they must do something right people love them

I think they suck but what do i know
LOL, what they do is flood the country with their product due to their production capacity. Then a sh*t ton of noobs go to the store and the choice is between one sh*t FN, 3 pretty lame Ruger Handguns or 50 SW guns.

Some of their products are pretty decent.

I really don't understand why they think stowing the mags in the stock is a good idea? At one point in time maybe 40+ years ago I would have thought that was cool. Now I think it is stupid.

S&W has not been innovating on anything for a while. Gemtech is dying in the market, the guns are all largely clones of keltec back to the p3at. Every other oem is producing unique stuff.

S&W has not been innovating on anything for a while. Gemtech is dying in the market, the guns are all largely clones of keltec back to the p3at. Every other oem is producing unique stuff.
so a 5.7x29 pistol with a new gas system that actually works is not innovating?
What's your idea of innovating? Springfield buying a rifle from Croatia and calling it "revolutionary bullpup"? FN following Glock by increasing the size of its 509 design and sticking a 10mm barrel on it!? Perhaps a new $4000 AR from Daniel Defense is innovation?

What's your idea of innovating? Springfield buying a rifle from Croatia and calling it "revolutionary bullpup"? FN following Glock by increasing the size of its 509 design and sticking a 10mm barrel on it!? Perhaps a new $4000 AR from Daniel Defense is innovation?
That was actually a really nice pistol. The design was a big improvement over what is out there. They had the ability to do a better bolt action and blew that with their performance series offering. I look at what sig has done with their spear and spear LT as a well designed gun, Savage with the impulse straight pull, and the renegauge. Springfield is an importer, not an innovator. Ruger has made a number of different platforms. R&D should stand for more than rip-off & duplicate.

I really don't understand why they think stowing the mags in the stock is a good idea? At one point in time maybe 40+ years ago I would have thought that was cool. Now I think it is stupid.
For a lightweight home PDW/truck/patrol gun having the spare ammo on the gun makes it a good grab and go option.

Garbage.

Better off with a Micro Roni or whatever the Mass legal version is on a Glock and use hi cap mags.

For a lightweight home PDW/truck/patrol gun having the spare ammo on the gun makes it a good grab and go option.
Yeah. Grab-n-go guns and backpack guns are pretty much the only two times I like having an extra magazine or two attached to the gun. But it works here… aside from them doing a hideously ugly implementation of the stock.

My biggest issue with the platform is that it has no sights included in the platform. I don’t like having to install after market sights and only a moron trusts an optic as his only means of accuracy.

Why did you change your SN?

SmartSelect_20230304_015448_Chrome.jpg

It is an SW product.

Probably something rushed with min budget because SW just has to keep releasing new junk.

SW should go back to private and stop putting out junk.
I'm much more a Ruger guy than Smith (even tho Ruger is having problems with quality) but the same applies between both companies in that they're publicly traded and need to show sales and growth first, quality to the customer second. That said, when Ruger copies Kel Tec like they did the LCP, they massively improved the design (even tho I'd still rather have a .32 LCP). Didn't do as well copying Heritage for the Wrangler, but when S&W copies someone they seem to be more miss than hit. Governor I don't hear issues with, but that M&P shotgun I have heard nothing about and assume it's not better than the KSG, while this PCC looks like the Taurus Curve got buttfukked by a MechTech carbine upper.

It's pretty hard to fukk up a blowback PCC and IDK how many M&P pistol owners were out there craving a PCC that used the mags for their pistol.

When I saw a video of how that system works, how there's this sleeve type assembly that the barrel slides into, I saw a jamomatic once dirty or dropped in some dirt. Also, for a 40gr bullet from a pistol, what sense does a gas system even make?

I will admit it has innovation, but pointlessly so, like something operator's can have a circle jerk argument over whether their S&W 5.7 is better than the PSA 5.7.

So does the Kel Tec SU16 or Sub 2000. I get that this is geared towards M&P pistol owners, but nothing about this FPC screams must buy. I'll admit, the side folding makes for having a better red dot setup, but I've no problem using iron sights, even if I have to smash my cheek into the tube to do so.

These PCC's aren't meant to be shot much, even tho they can be. I was a big proponent of the PCC concept, still believe people should have at least one, but all those that have come out the past decade, I feel the market is overhyped. They're all blowbacks, which means the recoil sucks, but if you want a delayed blowback or some sort of locking lug carbine and companies want 2 grand for it while I could spend 500 for an AR.

When it comes to the industry and the current state of the PCC's they're producing, I feel like Jack Nicholson as the Joker.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKofnVkUwBA

Ruger/Magpul got the takedown model of the PC Carbine right, I’d say. I just wish they had a 10mm version.

MAG1076-Hero_Magpul_PC_Backpacker_Stock__Ruger_PC_Carbine_01.1.jpg
Shit....first time I saw this magpul stock for the PC.

This will be a shut up and take my money for me.

Why did you change your SN?
Scooby Doo Hello GIF by Boomerang Official

If it wasn't for you meddling Creedmoor kids!

Since the secret is out, I suppose I can reveal that I have been working with Hornady to develop the next super cartridge: the 40 Creedmoor! Recent market trends have been toward heavy for caliber bullets. First, a 308 bullet was stuck in a 223 Kurtz and called it the "300 Blackout". Then we stuck a 338 bullet inside a 308 Kurtz case and called it the "8.6 Blackout". Well, the next size up is a 40. That's right! Hornady has taken the bullet from the most versatile cartridge(the 40S&W) and put it inside a 6.5 Creedmoor Kurtz case. The ballistics are fantastic! When fired from an AR-15 platform, the subsonic version of the cartridge can penetrate Level IV armor at 600 yards. When fired from a precision bolt action rifle, the round is capable of 4" groups at 2000 yards and will go through an engine block.
The military has already switched to the new 40 Creedmoor but used the new SIG XM5 program as a cover to confuse the Russians. This is why we left 5 billion dollars worth of small arms ammunition in Afghanistan. All that 5.56 and 9mm(service is switching everything to 40 bullet, including handguns) ammo is ancient junk!
Finally, the 40 S&W has a sister cartridge that's just as versatile!

Back
Top Bottom