New Ruger MKIV a real let down, what gives?

Your vote is meaningless to me. The gun don't work period!

I can't tell if you're kidding, but I was. I only know one person whose shooting style is so *ahem* soft that he might limp wrist a .22, and even then I'm not sure.

Sorry they couldn't get it fixed for you. The Ruger MK III/IV is the one gun I think everyone should own.

I can't tell if you're kidding, but I was. I only know one person whose shooting style is so *ahem* soft that he might limp wrist a .22, and even then I'm not sure.

Sorry they couldn't get it fixed for you. The Ruger MK III/IV is the one gun I think everyone should own.
No offence meant was just in a pissy mood that day as I was just sick of dealing with this gun. I really liked that gun but it just was a lemon I guess. I don't know how common it is to get a refund but I just did not want this thing back. May roll the dice on a SW22 victory.

Smith and Wesson Victory or Browning Buckmark might be worth a shot. Heard a lot of good things. I plan to add both to my 22 semi auto collection.

Good for Ruger for sending you a refund. I have a Mark IV that's been completely flawless. This type of issue isn't universal.

Took my Mark IV to MFS this morning.

Put thru the following: Aguila Super Extra, American Eagle HP, CCI LR HV, CCI Stingers, Federal HV.

Over 250 rounds without a hiccup.

Just picked up a SW22 Victory minutes ago. Got the plain Jane model and hope it will be a better experience than the MKIV was lol. I'm on crutches so I will not be shooting today. [crying] Good news is I only have to go into the yard to shoot. Got a dueling tree yesterday from Amazon and the stand parts were missing. The business end was all good and pretty nice quality. Amazon gave me a refund and said I could keep it [party]so I'll just make something up for a stand, easy peasy.

Just picked up a SW22 Victory minutes ago. Got the plain Jane model and hope it will be a better experience than the MKIV was lol. I'm on crutches so I will not be shooting today. [crying] Good news is I only have to go into the yard to shoot. Got a dueling tree yesterday from Amazon and the stand parts were missing. The business end was all good and pretty nice quality. Amazon gave me a refund and said I could keep it [party]so I'll just make something up for a stand, easy peasy.

How did you like the SW22?

I like it a lot and it is on sale today at Impact Guns for $299 I have not had but a few hiccups with the Federal and none at all with CCI. I just got a lot of Federal to use up and I will most likely stock up on more CCI.
Good price. I was set to buy one at 619DW the other day but I bought a Heritage Arms single action revolver instead. I like the sights and threaded barrel but my friends has a lot of cycling issues. Fte mostly, while my mark 4 runs like a Swiss watch. 22 semis are a squirrelly bunch. I think a 22/45 next cuz I got that Sig suppressor on the way.

Sorry to hear you had issues with your Ruger MK IV lite. I am glad to see Ruger gave you a refund.

I have been lucky with mine (runs well) MK IV Competition Model

First round mods:

Dawson Fiber Optic Front Sight
Volquartsen Extended Slide Release.
Tandemkross Essential Maintenance Kit (titanium firing pin, eagle's talon extractor & 5 pack rebound springs)
Tandemkross Halo Charging Ring
Hogue Rubber Grips
Magazines Tuned
Runs well after first round of mods.
Second round mods:
Volquartsen Sear
Volquartsen Trigger Bar
Tandemkross Blast Shield
Tandemkross Victory Trigger
Just installed, gotta test it.
Third round mods: (should arrive this week)
Tandemkross Shadow Picatinny Rail
Holosun HE403GL-GR Elite Green Dot Sight (my old eyes see green better)

Was excited to try my new MK Hunter, great looking fit, finish and fluted barrel. Also had 10 new mags. Failed first time out with stove pipe issues at least one in ten rounds fired. Reloaded with CCI 3 types, Winchster 2 types, Agulia and high dollar Eley. They also failed. Checked the internet and learned alot. Sent it back to Ruger for a tune-up, Not - 2 problems 1. Still jammed 2. The Ruger tech left steel vise marks on the blued barrel. Swapped it back for a new pistol same specs. More jams! Returned the mags and pistol for a full refund. Shame on the new Boss, Ruger used to build fine reliable guns. Yes I throughly cleaned and properly lubed. My 2 Browning pistols continue to run 100% with all types and brands of ammo.

OP I think I know what the problem is. I'm 2 years into my MKIV and have never cleaned it, runs perfect. You gun is just too clean [wink]

Holy necrothread/firstpost. Just damn.

Can't decide whether we like keeping threads condensed around here or not.

Just accept that whatever you do, you're wrong.

It is only a few years old, @Grampa Tom was on topic, and the only reason half of us would even see this is because the thread was automatically added to our "watched" list from previously posting ourselves so presumably we have an interest.

mdn3JQ5.jpg

🐯

Back
Top Bottom