New Member. getting an mp9

New member here. I am going to be going to four seasons soon to get my new mp9. I have found lots of good info on this site already and finaly decided to join. I have also been stock piling 9mm ammo.

what does zero hr arms stock for new handguns? im also interested in starting an ar build w/a preban lower how much does one cost and where can i find one?

I would get one of the Glock 26 Carl at fourseasons has in stock. You will not like the Mass trigger on the M&P and with the glock you can do a trigger job on a glock yourself for very little money.

I would get one of the Glock 26 Carl at fourseasons has in stock. You will not like the Mass trigger on the M&P and with the glock you can do a trigger job on a glock yourself for very little money.

what does a glock 26 go for? is it used? are hi cap readily avail ( i know non are for mo)? i really like the mp though i have held it and am willing to go and get a trigger job on it by one of the gunsmiths. what are the pros adn cons of the 26?

The two guns have very different triggers and if you're a new shooter it may not make a huge difference to you.

I prefer Glock triggers myself but I have always shot Glocks.

With that being said I have an M&P 9 on the way and plan to do a trigger job on it. However, I have tried a bunch of M&P trigger jobs and still prefer my Glocks.

If you can, try out both triggers and see which one may feel more natural to you.
You don't need a Glock 26 specifically. That's the sub-compact. Try a Glock 19 or Glock 17 full size as well depending on what you will be using it for.

what does a glock 26 go for? is it used? are hi cap readily avail ( i know non are for mo)? i really like the mp though i have held it and am willing to go and get a trigger job on it by one of the gunsmiths. what are the pros adn cons of the 26?

G26 will be -- good gun -more money, used, No real warranty.

M&P Brand new, Warranty, ambi controls, less cost, Draw back - you might need a trigger job.

Ford v Chevy

compact of fullsize ? im a new shooter but have shot before. i am also big 6'5" big hands? should i just try them out?

compact of fullsize ? im a new shooter but have shot before. i am also big 6'5" big hands? should i just try them out?

If you aren't going to carry, definatly get the full size.

The FS will be much easier and more fun to shoot, especially if you are just starting out or if it's an HD pistol.

BTW, if you have trouble hitting stuff, it's probably that horrible MA trigger. Considering having a smith (plenty of recs of this board) fix the trigger and maybe toss on some night sights.

Welcome and good for you. Don't forget to get a cleaning kit. good luck at the range.

+2 on the cleaning kit
Welcome "mymp9mm"
I purchased a M&P 9m from Four Seasons good gun,great shop.
You won't have buyers regret w/ that model;and never sell your first handgun.

how much are the trigger jobs and what is the turn around time?

This is a factor to consider if at the last minute you decide you still might want a glock 17.

The trigger on that will be GTG. The main thing people don't like about glocks is the big blocky grip (vs the M&P), but if you have big hands that's not an issue.

But, as someone who has owned both, either one will make a fine first pistol.

For me, personally, there's no way I'd pay a premium of several hundred bucks to get an 11 year old (or older) Glock vs a brand new M&P with full lifetime warranty.

That's why I have three M&Ps from FS and no Glocks.

I would never get a full sized 9MM designed to hold magazines over 10 rounds if I could not have them. I don't like being treated like a child by the State any more than I have to.

I would consider the compact 9MM as long as the standard issue does not come with over 10 round magazines. I would also consider the full sized .45 cal which normally comes with 10 round magazines.

A trigger job is an absolute must. Not only because of the issue of you being treated as a second class Bozo by the State, but because guns are not deigned to have 13+ lb triggers. Would you drive a vehicle with a 13 lb gas pedal? It’s just ridiculous.

So my advice would be this. If you want a striker fired compact pistol go ahead and get any of M&Ps. If you want a full sized striker fired hand gun get only the .45 cal in the M&P. If you want a full sized striker fired hand gun in 9MM get a Glock.

I bought a M&P 9c as my first gun about 3 months ago, and love it. Four seasons is great too.

I have the exact opposite ecperience... The one thing I recommend is shooting the guns before you buy. Many people here have what you are looking at, and most will be happy to let you try them..

Back
Top Bottom