new MA pro-gun laws, and supporting rally

Wouldn't it be nice if we could be the other side to the punch some day?

We've had some positive election results the last year. How do we convert this to something good for our side?

Nay-sayers and negative nannies need not respond.

This got me thinking: this Wednesday, 5/13/15, there's a Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security meeting. I have the day off and was wondering if these were open for the public to attend.

There's mention of an H. 2121 bill. Does anyone know if that bill goes against the "locked container" law of a legally owned firearm ?

https://malegislature.gov/Events/EventDetail?eventId=2101&eventDataSource=Hearings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H2121 is interesting. Hide amo in your car, forfeit car

I hear ya, sieve. This is what I really have an issue with. You lose your set of wheels if you have a tactically installed GunVault SpeedVault if you don't want to store your stuff in the trunk.

T

There's mention of an H. 2121 bill. Does anyone know if that bill goes against the "locked container" law of a legally owned firearm ?

https://malegislature.gov/Events/EventDetail?eventId=2101&eventDataSource=Hearings

Reading through it, it certainly seems like it is aimed and geared towards folks involved in the illegal drug trade, but I'm sure it won't stop the police and/or the DA from applying it to any law abiding citizen who they want to work over for some perceived slight.

I think a lot will depend on what/how the courts define "hidden compartment." As is the case with many of MA laws, things are poorly defined, or not defined at all and we need actual case law to determine the true impact on citizens. Sometimes I think they are vaguely worded on purpose so as to leave as much wiggle room as possible for police and the DA to use them in whatever fashion they see fit, even if it was not for the original intended reason.

Of course, I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night :)

It may be intended for more nefarious hidden storage, but with the MA courts attitude toward gun ownership it's far too easy to believe it would also eventually be applied to this:

1012-photo.jpg

It's a compartment, not original to the vehicle, hidden under the armrest. Under H2121, not only do you lose your vehicle and contents and go to jail for 2-5 years, but so does the mechanic you paid to put it in. Maybe you can share a cell.

On the other hand, if you had your mechanic bolt that same box to the top of your dash, and put a sign on it that said "Pistol Inside", that would be legal.

Sure, I trust the PRofMA to not misuse H2121. [frown]

Anyone make heads or tails of H2160? I compared it with the existing text and one thing that jumped out was a prohibition on "any other knife having a blade length of greater than 3 ½ inches that is possessed during the commission of any felony or misdemeanor, or that is used or intended to be used in an assaultive or otherwise unlawful manner; shall be punished by up to 5 years in the state prison, or up to two and one half years in a jail or house of correction, or a fine of up to $1,000, or both"

Also, how do you like H2147, no person shall ride a horse or drive a carriage without a helmet. It also appears to prohibit bareback riding.

I would love to have a law passed removeing all LEO expemtions from ALL laws (in perticualr firearm laws). After all, if highly trained (LOL) LEO's cant make due with weapons that are legal for civilians to own then they MIGHT realize that the law itself is usless.

That and being able to personaly sue LEO and prosucuters and other court personel for obsene violations of the law that cost tax payers money. such as the sueing the AG personaly for directing a law suit againt law abing companies that wish to sell ammo in mass even though its been proven time and time again to be legal. Or sueing a LEO who 'detains' someone because they look nervace at a checkpoint when there is no other proven reason for the stop.

I would love to have a law passed removeing all LEO expemtions from ALL laws (in perticualr firearm laws). After all, if highly trained (LOL) LEO's cant make due with weapons that are legal for civilians to own then they MIGHT realize that the law itself is usless.

That and being able to personaly sue LEO and prosucuters and other court personel for obsene violations of the law that cost tax payers money. such as the sueing the AG personaly for directing a law suit againt law abing companies that wish to sell ammo in mass even though its been proven time and time again to be legal. Or sueing a LEO who 'detains' someone because they look nervace at a checkpoint when there is no other proven reason for the stop.

Good luck getting that passed in this commiewealth bought and paid for by the unions.

Speaking of laws to repeal (not gun-related, but Union-related), how about doing away with the campaign finance loophole that allows unlimited campaign donations by Unions, but limits donations by individuals and corporations!

H2121 is interesting. Hide amo in your car, forfeit car

Wow, that is poorly written.

I like how section d) makes everything else pointless. If there exists a "hidden compartment" it is proof that it was put there for a criminal purpose and leads to forfeiture of the vehicle and a minumum 2 year sentance.

Who knew that a hide-a-key would be so costly.

How dare you try to hide a piece of personal property inside another piece of personal property. For shame.

I hope I don't get busted for the lockbox I use to hold my wallet while I ride my bike. Somehow I don't trust the plastic console my vehicle came with.

I wish I could say I'm surprised at the granular level to which the legislature thinks it needs to involve itself in our day to day lives.

It may be intended for more nefarious hidden storage, but with the MA courts attitude toward gun ownership it's far too easy to believe it would also eventually be applied to this:

1012-photo.jpg

It's a compartment, not original to the vehicle, hidden under the armrest. Under H2121, not only do you lose your vehicle and contents and go to jail for 2-5 years, but so does the mechanic you paid to put it in. Maybe you can share a cell.

On the other hand, if you had your mechanic bolt that same box to the top of your dash, and put a sign on it that said "Pistol Inside", that would be legal.

Sure, I trust the PRofMA to not misuse H2121. [frown]

So, if you have a Jeep or Truck that doesn't have a lockable trunk, how the hell do you legally transport firearms and ammo to the range?

Just reading the title of some of these bills makes me sick. These idiots never stop trying to control every aspect of life. STOP MAKING NEW LAWS AND FIX BAD LAWS !

You and me both. What ever happened to personal responsibility? Check this one out:

Bill H.2126
An Act relative to parking lots

Section 23. For any parking space that is perpendicular to the front entrance of a retail establishment, as defined by section 1 of chapter 64H, there shall be a steel bollard or bollards installed in order to prevent an automobile from colliding into said building. The department of public safety shall promulgate rules and regulations governing the installation and maintenance of the bollards and the owner of the building shall be responsible for the cost of said installation and maintenance. This section shall only apply to structures built or structures that undergo construction, as defined by section 13A, after the effective date of this act.

Let's force new costly regulations on business owners b/c people don't know how to stop their cars in a parking lot.

Worse yet the almighty governs these "bollards" but it is up to the business owner to foot the bill. Nice, the state has all the authority but the business owner bears all of the responsibility.[rolleyes]

These idiots wonder why jobs are moving out of this state along with businesses everyday.

So, if you have a Jeep or Truck that doesn't have a lockable trunk, how the hell do you legally transport firearms and ammo to the range?

I own a hatchback with no lockable storage at all in it....no truck no lockable glove nothing....I just lock the gun case and hope....it's never left there always just for range ect....granted I did go grocery shopping once.

I own a hatchback with no lockable storage at all in it....no truck no lockable glove nothing....I just lock the gun case and hope....it's never left there always just for range ect....granted I did go grocery shopping once.
Not to be an ass but wrong attitude.
While this law may not effect you directly, you should dismiss it because you have a workaround. Why? Because the next bad law may be aimed directly at you.

This got me thinking: this Wednesday, 5/13/15, there's a Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security meeting. I have the day off and was wondering if these were open for the public to attend.

This hearing is open to the public. It starts at 1PM in hearing room A-2.

Not to be an ass but wrong attitude.
While this law may not effect you directly, you should dismiss it because you have a workaround. Why? Because the next bad law may be aimed directly at you.

Not only that, but how far can hidden be stretched? I often throw a moving blanket over the stuff in the back of my hatchback. Does my locked gun case, required to comply with state law, now become a "hidden compartment"?

Back
Top Bottom