• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

new M&P - magazine not sitting flush

Hello,

I picked up a new M&P9...the one thing i notice is that the magazine(s) do not sit flush with the gun. They load and 'click' into the gun as they should and everything cycles fine. I've tried 3 mags and all sit the same - just a small space at the bottom. I can't imagine this a functional issue but thought I'd reach out and see if anyone else has experienced this?

http://imageshack.us/f/705/imag1211v.jpg/

Thanks in advance.

Here's my wife's. This is a 9c. Tried 3 out of her 4 mags and they all looked about the same. Mag is full, no round chambered in the pic. Are you sure your base plate in on right?

IMG_0104.jpg

Last edited:
My 40c is the same, mag is seated fine, just a sloppy job on the floorplate fit is what I figure it is. Bothered me at first but gun/magazines function perfectly well.

The M&P cripple-mags have been an ongoing sorepoint, particularly the followers. Welcome to the club :/

Don't bother calling S&W about them. Or rather, do, maybe if more people call, they'll get the hint. I, personally, was told to just go to NH and buy the full-cap mags there, and since I have an LTC-A it's perfectly legal. They didn't believe me when I told them it wasn't...

Not to hijack the thread but

I have a bunch of mags with with dremeled down basepads, anyone know how i can get some new ones. these are ten round mags so they are the large ones and all the ones ive found online are for the regular mags.

My 9c mags have the gap too. Doesn't bother me as I have big mitts. Brought my teenage cousin shooting last year and his hand were getting pinched by the gap when firing.

SteveCase - maybe call S&W directly? Also, why would you want to go back to the non-dremeled followers?

My 9c mags have the gap too. Doesn't bother me as I have big mitts. Brought my teenage cousin shooting last year and his hand were getting pinched by the gap when firing.

SteveCase - maybe call S&W directly? Also, why would you want to go back to the non-dremeled followers?

thats what im gonna have to do but its the basepads on the magazine, not the actual follower

thats what im gonna have to do but its the basepads on the magazine, not the actual follower

Make sure you tell them it's for Mass Mags (a couple of times). They're Customer Service is great, but they sent me out other pads 2 times (for free) before sending me the correct ones.

The M&P cripple-mags have been an ongoing sorepoint, particularly the followers. Welcome to the club :/

Don't bother calling S&W about them. Or rather, do, maybe if more people call, they'll get the hint. I, personally, was told to just go to NH and buy the full-cap mags there, and since I have an LTC-A it's perfectly legal. They didn't believe me when I told them it wasn't...

I was told the exact same thing by S&W !!! You'd think a MA based gun company would, "Extend a little" for MA gun owners. It's been my experience that S&W does not subscribe.

ps that mag looks normal to me (for an M&P) It's a purchase point for mag. extraction [wink]

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the feedback - it's my first pistol so I thought I'd just double check how things looked as functionally, everything seems to be working very well. I appreciate the replies, feedback and examples posted to help me out...

Back
Top Bottom