New(-ish) XD owner!!!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Just picked up my new (used) XD-40 subcompact today from R&L Archery in Barre, VT. Came with three magazines (two standard 9 rounders, and the extended 12 round magazine), the XD gear holster, and the xml light. I'm pretty pumped. I've been wearing it around the house all day to get used to it.
Bought a case of tarket ammo and a box of hydroshocks too. By the time I walked out of the store I spent just under $560 (bought some ice fishing stuff too).
I was really excited when I got there 'cause I had been eyeing another used XD-40 SC on their gun list for about 4 months. I drove over to pick it up two weeks ago and they had literally sold it 4 days before I got there. I was bummin'. So I called on Monday and asked what they had in stock for XD subcompacts. I was told they had a brand new XD-9 SC for $550. I asked them to put it aside so I could come pick it up today. When I got to the store this morning, WHAT DID I SEE!!!??? Only another used XD-40 SC (the same gun I wanted to begin with) under the glass!!!! I was jumping for joy! So I snatched it up and went home with huge smile on my face. I even forgot to run the errands I had meant to do while I was over there.
Now I need to find someplace to go shoot this beauty. The field where i normally go sight my rifles in has a snowmobile trail that literally runs right through it, so I am balking at that idea.

Another question I ran into today when I was running the errands I forgot to do earlier. I noticed that when I went to pay for the items I bought at the grocery store, whenever i reached my hand into my wallet or front right pocket (to deposit my change) my arm would brush away my shirt and sweatshirt and would reveal the pistol on my hip. Should I take any precautions to avoid this so I don't freak out the cashier/other people?

Sorry for the short essay above. I am just really excited, as I am sure you guys (and hopefully girls) were when you purchased your first pistol.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I would love to have an XD.

Having said that, let me tell you that you suck, I hate you and we're all jealous here in the Third Reich.. er Massatwoshits.

Last edited:
Great pick up. You will love your XD. I just got mine earlier in the week (45acp 4" compact w/ 10&13 rd mags) and all I want to do is shoot. It just feels so great in your hand. I too was wearing mine around the house when I grabbed it. Welcome to the family.

Don't be too envious. It's a great range gun, but when you put it through the stress fire / combat test it's totally hopeless. I've got an XDm in .40 cal, but would never carry it. There's a fatal design flaw in the piece. I'm going to write my opinions on it here next week.

I hate digging up old post but I cant seem to find the write up you were offering in this post or there wasnt one.

I have an XD9SC and XD40 Service and planned on getting the XDm.

I hate digging up old post but I cant seem to find the write up you were offering in this post or there wasnt one.

I have an XD9SC and XD40 Service and planned on getting the XDm.

I think he later mentioned something about not being able to properly activate the grip safety in a stress fire situation.

Fatal Flaw??? I've been carrying an XD40 since they were imported by Springfield and just recently changed to an XD45. I've put thousands and thousands of rounds through the 40 without a single problem.

Like all manufacturers i'm sure there are some lemons, but mine have been flawless for years.

Choose a different shirt or jacket. Flashing a pistol is uncool in MA.

+1. in some towns and cities the cleo may frown upon it and consider the "flashing" a reson to revoke/not renew or downgrade a class a ltc. this is just one persons opinion. ianal.

Fatal Flaw??? I've been carrying an XD40 since they were imported by Springfield and just recently changed to an XD45. I've put thousands and thousands of rounds through the 40 without a single problem.

Like all manufacturers i'm sure there are some lemons, but mine have been flawless for years.

+1, Both my XD40 Service and Sub have been firing fine for going on 2 years now. I really wish I would have picked up an XD45 though [sad2].

Congrats on your new XD! I would love to buy one myself but a bit tough to do here in MA. If you are carrying concealed, definitely change up your clothes or the pocket placement of your wallet. In my opinion it's called concealed for a reason...don't give anyone a reason to go after you for carrying legally.

Back
Top Bottom