• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New here...a question

Cross-X said:
I see The Scrivener is feeling pretty good tonight!

I was curious. In case anyone else was:

scriv·en·er Pronunciation Key (skrv-nr, skrvnr)
n.

1. A professional copyist; a scribe: “Gutenberg's invention of movable type... took words out of the sole possession of monastic scriveners and placed them before the wider public” (Irvin Molotsky).

KMaurer said:
I see that the reality check failed. He wasn't talking about what the law says, he was talking about what common people, like the 99% of this forum who don't practice law for a living, mean when they use a particular word. Regardless of what you or anybody else might think, the fact that someone uses a word in a way that doesn't agree with a particular legal definition (MA AW? MD AW? NJ AW?, NY AW?, CA AW?, Boston AW?) doesn't mean that it's false.

Yeah, just check out those links I posted above which are selling CLIPS.
pokinit.gif

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Last edited:
scrivener why dont you go back and read what i wrote instead of making accusations like a moron...if you read what i said you'd realize how ridiculous your statements sound and how unneccessary they are

blood hound said:
scrivener why dont you go back and read what i wrote instead of making accusations like a moron...if you read what i said you'd realize how ridiculous your statements sound and how unneccessary they are

Had YOU bothered to read what I wrote, you might grasp the fact that I not only read your post, but quoted it extensively. [rolleyes]

As for "ridiculous" and "unnecessary," it was and still remains my point that gutless "gun stores" that impose restrictions even the antis have yet to subject us to are NOT our friends. Neither are those who attempt to rationalize or apologize for such stores doing the antis' work for them. [puke2]

like i said in my post...those were the dicks/galyans rules and regulations...i didnt like them nor did i agree with them...i just abided by them...after i found out about all the corporate BS i left the store because i couldnt work for a company like that...in my post was stating the popular opinion of what is considered an assault rifle...not giving my own opinion...in my opinion my AR is a sporting rifle just as a mini 14 is...i never said i dubbed it an assault rifle...i was giving the view of how it is portrayed by the antis...i was simply trying to help the poster try and understand why he couldnt own a mini 14 on an FID card because i had the same problem as him when i wanted one and i didnt understand either

Damn...the popcorn is probably gone by now.... [rolleyes]

Keith - will you FRIGGIN RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!! Go back and read Ken's posts to you again, will ya?

For someone who's so damn smart, you're acting like a GD 6 year old who's stomping his feet because you can't have any candy. There's only a few members on this board who know the laws. Not everyone else does, or because they're so damn convoluted they misread or don't understand them. That's one of the reasons for this forum - to help folks understand.

If you can't be civil when correcting someone or adding your own comments, then I suggest you STFU. You're becoming a major PITA and I've run out of patience with you, and I KNOW I'm not the only one. So CHILL!

Mother Mod

blood hound said:
...i never said i dubbed it an assault rifle...i was giving the view of how it is portrayed by the antis...i was simply trying to help the poster try and understand why he couldnt own a mini 14 on an FID card because i had the same problem as him when i wanted one and i didnt understand either

You still fail to grasp the obvious - as do all your apologists. [rolleyes]

The OP said nothing - got that, NOTHING - about buying an Mini-anything. To refresh the memories of those who won't bother to check, here it is - again:

With that said my question is, can I buy a ruger 10/22 even though it is semi-auto and can accept clips [sic] that hold more than 10 shots?

The answer is YES - unless you patronize "gun stores" owned by those that whore themselves out to the antis by imposing restrictions that even the AG couldn't get away with.

If stating the obvious in such a way as to make it obvious to the wilfully obtuse makes me unpopular - so be it. If I want "warm fuzzies," I'll adopt another disabled pet from the pound.

great news. Well just out of curiosity, does the mini-14 count for this aswell (wishful thinking )? What specific features besides the caliber makes this firearm exempt? I have allways been interested in gun laws.

now scrivener...go back again...reread the entire first page...here was his question i responded to...so are you done cryin???

blood hound said:
now scrivener...go back again...reread the entire first page...here was his question i responded to...so are you done cryin???

I'M not the one "cryin" - or claiming that a gun not even on any "Large Capacity Weapon Roster" is an assault weapon which, according to your repetitious misinformation,

he couldnt own a mini 14 on an FID card
[rolleyes]

Attempts to teach you are tedious and unproductive; reminiscent of Mark Twain's observations about porcine voice lessons. People can read the thread and draw their own conclusions.

for a well versed guy youre as stubborn as the day is long

the guy had a question and it was answered...why did you feel the need to use the thread as an attack on others input into the situation? i dont think anyone who was attemtping to answer his question gave him any false information...if this was my thread i would have felt satisfied with the replies i got and the answers to my questions and realized as a new gun owner just how f'd up the rules/laws/opinions/ideas of people in this state are

but i still wanna see you try and buy a mini 14 on an fid card in MA[mg]

Back
Top Bottom