• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Hampshire non resident c.c permint

they cashed my check on the 30th. Nothing in the mail yet.
Sent in the application on 9-3 so going on 5 weeks now.
hoping it comes soon as this is the time of year that I hit NH quite a bit. :)

This is why folks need to send this return receipt, That way you know when they received the check and application. Once they receive the application they have 14 days to process that application, Issue license or deny with a written reason as why you were denied.

Letting Public Safety/State police get away with this only empowers them. There is no provision in the law for excuses as to why it goes over 14 days, and there should be none excepted. Keep letting them get away with this and it will end up just like MasShiTChusetts.

The problem is that you can either start yelling and hire a lawyer at 14 days and you'll still get it at 6 weeks or so, or just wait the 6 weeks and get it anyway, without the legal $$$. NH has a pretty good history of getting them out and being fair. As a MA resident I have bigger issues to invest my time in. Not to mention that a change in NH law so that there are specific penalties for missing the 14 day deadline is what's needed, and being a MA resident (doesn't vote in NH) doesn't really make my opinion important to the NH legislatures.

Back
Top Bottom