• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New gun store/ shop in Westford coming soon?

I can, because on paper there's waaay more opportunities to make money / more loose gun money in MA. On paper.

Whether its "generally a good idea or not" from a sanity aspect is a whole other conversation.

That was my first thought.. What can you sell an Anderson lower for in MA versus NH? :)

That being said, I think it would be funner to open a shop in NH, can stock more stuff.

I can, because on paper there's waaay more opportunities to make money / more loose gun money in MA. On paper.

Whether its "generally a good idea or not" from a sanity aspect is a whole other conversation.
People are on crack opening a business post covid though. After that bullshit id be horrified to have a store front in MA.

I do agree the money is in MA though.

That was my first thought.. What can you sell an Anderson lower for in MA versus NH? :)

Yes theres the cosby rape factor but honestly its about the # of potential customers more than anything else.

That being said, I think it would be funner to open a shop in NH, can stock more stuff.

You can stock everything in MA (if appropriately licensed) just can't sell it all to everyone. which leaves only the cool stuff being LE only or going outbound out of state, etc, or sold to other
dealers.

People are on crack opening a business post covid though. After that bullshit id be horrified to have a store front in MA.

I do agree the money is in MA though.

Yeah I agree on that, that stupid f***ing covid lockdown cost MA dealers a lot of money, at least during that window before the judge or whoever it was slapped the state's peepee over it.

People dont remember it but I think one or two gun shops (that one in stow?) actually got smoked during covid in part because of this. Basically they had the best opportunity to rake in $ and were essentially barred from it and had zero revenue.

The regulatory bullshit in MA with guns and business is horrible madness.

Yes theres the cosby rape factor but honestly its about the # of potential customers more than anything else.

You can stock everything in MA (if appropriately licensed) just can't sell it all to everyone. which leaves only the cool stuff being LE only or going outbound out of state, etc, or sold to other
dealers.

Ehh, then you gotta give LE discounts to attract LE

I would sell suppressors, auto knives and breakfast :)

And replays of F1 and MotoGP races.

Yeah I agree on that, that stupid f***ing covid lockdown cost MA dealers a lot of money, at least during that window before the judge or whoever it was slapped the state's peepee over it.

People dont remember it but I think one or two gun shops (that one in stow?) actually got smoked during covid in part because of this. Basically they had the best opportunity to rake in $ and were essentially barred from it and had zero revenue.

The regulatory bullshit in MA with guns and business is horrible madness.
Are you talking about when they excluded gun and pot shops from PPP money?

I think it was called PPP, whatever Trumpbiden was handing out.

Are you talking about when they excluded gun and pot shops from PPP money?

I think it was called PPP, whatever Trumpbiden was handing out.

No, early on in the covid lockdowns, the state of mass actually would send the cops to your shop to shut you down if you were transferring guns. Some dealers remaind open incognito but places like DTE and the other bigs were all closed.

They had EOPS literally camping on MIRCS and ratting out dealers to the cops that "looked like they were open" during the lockdown. So basically any dealer running during this lockdown, couldnt use MIRCS because it would get them flagged. There was that one guy in middleboro (C&F?) that threw the finger, but I strongly suspect in his case the local cops actually liked him and refused to play the state's silly retard game.

Basically the Faker administration had decided that gunshops were "non essential" or some bullshit. Well, eventually after a few? months some judge slapped the states peepee and they couldn't use that as an excuse anymore.

No, early on in the covid lockdowns, the state of mass actually would send the cops to your shop to shut you down if you were transferring guns. Some dealers remaind open incognito but places like DTE and the other bigs were all closed.

They had EOPS literally camping on MIRCS and ratting out dealers to the cops that "looked like they were open" during the lockdown. So basically any dealer running during this lockdown, couldnt use MIRCS because it would get them flagged. There was that one guy in middleboro (C&F?) that threw the finger, but I strongly suspect in his case the local cops actually liked him and refused to play the state's silly retard game.

Basically the Faker administration had decided that gunshops were "non essential" or some bullshit. Well, eventually after a few? months some judge slapped the states peepee and they couldn't use that as an excuse anymore.

\Damn, I remember them shutting down "non essential" stores, but the other part had no idea.

\Damn, I remember them shutting down "non essential" stores, but the other part had no idea.

Well, you remember they were trying to rap gun clubs too... like early on in that bullshit they actually shutdown HSC for awhile, too. Some covid karen would hear shooting somewhere and call the cops.... cops would be like "cease activity plz, because lockdown blah blah" not the only club that happened at either.

I believe it was GunRunner who defied the state's ban.

Well, you remember they were trying to rap gun clubs too... like early on in that bullshit they actually shutdown HSC for awhile, too. Some covid karen would hear shooting somewhere and call the cops.... cops would be like "cease activity plz, because lockdown blah blah" not the only club that happened at either.

I do remember that.. I was not going to the range at all during that time. Nothing to do with covid, just bored of shooting and the expense of it. Someone said the lack of leadership(maybe balls to stand up to the cops?) during that time was what ousted Hurley.

I do remember that.. I was not going to the range at all during that time. Nothing to do with covid, just bored of shooting and the expense of it. Someone said the lack of leadership(maybe balls to stand up to the cops?) during that time was what ousted Hurley.

Yeah not familiar with the internal stuff, but I know that Boxboro? or one of the towns the club sits on, cops went there and shut them down for a few months. Other clubs suffered similar problems until eventually that was lifted somehow at the state level and then you had clubs eventually reopening themselves while encouraging everyone to bathe in purell and only have one person on a range at a time. [rofl]

Yes, I could never remember the name of the shops down there, but you are right. I believe his name is John. I watched an interview of him rolling with a gun blogger in a car somewehre during the covid BS, seems like a great guy.
he is.. I've been in his shop and he's supported NWTF local chapter with transfers and all.. Dude runs the shop with his wife.. one of those old timers with tons of stories just looking for an ear to listen.. but definitely one of the cooler gun store owners

I loved going to the range during COVID.
I was chilling alone, when some FUDD arrived and asked me to wear a mask in an outdoor range with like 30 lanes to choose from. I looked at him, said nothing and kept shooting.

It was also the final straw to quit Old Colony after 12 years of membership. Their FUDD BS requiring a RSO and booking time, it was too much. Too bad.

I was chilling alone, when some FUDD arrived and asked me to wear a mask in an outdoor range with like 30 lanes to choose from. I looked at him, said nothing and kept shooting.

It was also the final straw to quit Old Colony after 12 years of membership. Their FUDD BS requiring a RSO and booking time, it was too much. Too bad.

Never join ranges with RSO..usually they are retired cops that miss the authority they used to have. Or the worst possible RO, the boomer with the controlling wife. Boomer becomes RSO because it's the only time anybody HAS TO listen to them because the wife doesn't.

Never join ranges with RSO..usually they are retired cops that miss the authority they used to have. Or the worst possible RO, the boomer with the controlling wife. Boomer becomes RSO because it's the only time anybody HAS TO listen to them because the wife doesn't.
OC never had an RSO, but they added one during COVID, I don't know if they still have one.

For a few years they had a dude that lived next to the club house that walked the range once in a while, he told me 3 or 4 times that I had to wait 5 seconds between shots. I always ignored him and he went away. One time he told me I couldn't shoot at a silhouette target and another time he yelled at me when I was done shooting and put the gun back in my IWB holster "you can't have a holstered gun" - OK FUDD.

I don't know if he is still around.

I will never defend FUDD or Nazi ROs but I've seen a few real pieces of work on the range who needed to be slapped by an RO.

I will never defend FUDD or Nazi ROs but I've seen a few real pieces of work on the range who needed to be slapped by an RO.

Did you say something?

Don't need an RO.

An idiot at Harvard was trying to clear a jam on the 50yd with his hk91, or whatever the 308 hk rifle is. He was trying to do this with his muzzle pointing at my right hip instead of downrange or just wait for a clear on the line.

Do you think I thought for 1 second I wish there was an RO around to give this idiot a reality check, or do you think I dressed this idiot down on the spot?

F RO's and their authority complex.

Bad choice of words. You described exactly what I was trying to say with my lousy wording. We are all our ROs and if you see somebody doing something boneheaded then tell them.

Did you say something?

Don't need an RO.

An idiot at Harvard was trying to clear a jam on the 50yd with his hk91, or whatever the 308 hk rifle is. He was trying to do this with his muzzle pointing at my right hip instead of downrange or just wait for a clear on the line.

Do you think I thought for 1 second I wish there was an RO around to give this idiot a reality check, or do you think I dressed this idiot down on the spot?

Did you say something?

Don't need an RO.

I scolded some nitwit handling his gun with people down range on the 100 one day. Couldn’t f***ing believe what I was witnessing.

Why am I not surprised to hear that about OC. I had been shooting their IDPA matches and they have a RO at the safe table watching and walking you through taking the gun out of the bag/case, locking slide open to ensure it’s empty and holstering etc.
They also don’t allow standard cap mags for people shooting PCC.

Why am I not surprised to hear that about OC. I had been shooting their IDPA matches and they have a RO at the safe table watching and walking you through taking the gun out of the bag/case, locking slide open to ensure it’s empty and holstering etc.
They also don’t allow standard cap mags for people shooting PCC.
I can't speak for IDPA.

All I have to say is I never hear good things about IDPA anywhere. Sounds like that sport is a huge pain in the a** to shoot due to too many rules and a lot of people are a**holes. Total turn off, don't even want to try it.

Maybe I am wrong, I am just going by what I hear, no personal experience.

I can't speak for IDPA.

All I have to say is I never hear good things about IDPA anywhere. Sounds like that sport is a huge pain in the a** to shoot due to too many rules and a lot of people are a**holes. Total turn off, don't even want to try it.

I’ll say I attended a Intro to IDPA with a friend a few years back at HSC. It was like getting a solid taste of heroin. I was about to jump in with both feet and forget what came up in life but I had a blast. No regrets and you should go to an intro if you get the chance.
That said, I can absolutely see the hard ass ‘Pros’ being a huge pain in the balls.

I can't speak for IDPA.

You’re wrong.

I shoot IDPA, USPSA, SC, pins, plates…. It’s not the sport - it’s the people you’re shooting with that make it fun or suck.

The worst for me is one of my local CT clubs. People who aren’t qualified serving as range officers. So petty shit is focused on and serious shit like muzzling people is overlooked.

I’ll say I attended a Intro to IDPA with a friend a few years back at HSC. It was like getting a solid taste of heroin. I was about to jump in with both feet and forget what came up in life but I had a blast. No regrets and you should go to an intro if you get the chance.
That said, I can absolutely see the hard ass ‘Pros’ being a huge pain in the balls.
Check out New England Regional by Metro West Tactical at HSC. Really good match. Some awesome stages and some of the best shooters in New England.

You’re wrong.

I shoot IDPA, USPSA, SC, pins, plates…. It’s not the sport - it’s the people you’re shooting with that make it fun or suck.

The worst for me is one of my local CT clubs. People who aren’t qualified serving as range officers. So petty shit is focused on and serious shit like muzzling people is overlooked.
I am not wrong. The sport sounds like a PITA because people make it that way.

I am sure the stages are fun and challenging but just like any sport, if players and people in charge s*ck, it will turn people off.

I can't speak for IDPA.

I have shot IDPA all around NE and up/down the east coast. From Tier 1, local, matches all the way to Tier 5, national, matches. It very much depends on the club and the match.

That said there are certain rules in IDPA, like cold range, safe table etc., that if you don't like them or can't live with them then don't shoot IDPA.

I will tell you that being an SO/RO in IDPA is a thankless job. Plenty of a$$hole shooters to go along with some a$$hole SO/RO.

I'm not going to sit here and try to defend IDPA. All I'm going to say is if you shoot at my club in one of my matches and you feel like you were mistreated by any staff, including myself, I want to know about it and be given the opportunity to make it right. I also want to know if you had any issues with other shooters. I want my matches to be drama free and a good time for everyone. If that isn't happening then I have failed as the Chairman of the program.

Back
Top Bottom