New gun legislation on the hill. Similar to new york's

Well if they say 7 round limit I wonder if it's becuase they think they can get rid of semi-auto handguns that way?

This is EXACTLY right. They are pretty much disarming us by means of attrition and relentless unconstitutional legislation. The manufactur's already had to neuter MA compliant guns to hold 10 rounds. If this bill passes, we will NOT be able to purchase pretty much any NEW mid-full sized semi's. We will be left with revolvers, small 380's and subcompact 9mm's because there simply won't be any 7 round magazines out there for us lowly folks in MA and NY. This is just the beginning, wait until Linsky's bill hits the Hill. That POS sounds devastating.

Would it be possible to get a court to issue an injunction against the state if it got passed, pending a full court case?

-Mike

We would likely file a PI just because it would be fun to watch the court come up with justifications with why we were denied but in the end they won't stay the law for us. If they do, it will be on the takings issue and even then what will happen is they will claim the issue is not ripe and make us wait for when the time is up and are actually disarmed because of the law. All of which is bull shit because there is case law saying a criminal law (as opposed to tax, etc which is why no one has challenged the AACA yet and won't until next April 15) that makes it clear something will happen in the future is ripe prior to it's enactment. If we get an honest judge, maybe they will stay it given that possession will be a felony unlike in NY where it was a misdemeanor.

- - - Updated - - -

This is EXACTLY right. They are pretty much disarming us by means of attrition and relentless unconstitutional legislation. The manufactur's already had to neuter MA compliant guns to hold 10 rounds. If this bill passes, we will NOT be able to purchase pretty much any NEW mid-full sized semi's. We will be left with revolvers, small 380's and subcompact 9mm's because there simply won't be any 7 round magazines out there for us lowly folks in MA and NY. This is just the beginning, wait until Linsky's bill hits the Hill. That POS sounds devastating.

I hope the OEMs do the right thing and refuse to produce 7 round magazines.

“There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.”― Ayn Rand

Would it be possible to get a court to issue an injunction against the state if it got passed, pending a full court case?

-Mike

We NEED to get this thing thrown out along with Linsky's at the legislative level. You theoretically could get an injunction, but as you can see in NY, that hasn't happened and is difficult to do. Further, a court case will take years. The state district, appellate and SJC are leftist librals and would uphold anything that comes before them, especially if it was written by the boy king. At that point you can pretty much forget the US Supreme Court, they will have enough on their plate with all of these insane gun laws being proposed throughout the country. Again, we need to fight this, we absolutely cannot rely on the court system.....especially in this state.

so what's the deal with your existing mags that hold between 8-10? also banned? I hate reading legalese.

Looks like no new 10 rounds after the effective date of the legislation. You're existing 10 rounds should be grandfathered. Key language being "obtained After the effective date of this act"

Last edited:
10 rounds grandfathered, wonderful....
WTF am i going to get a 7 rounder or 10 rounder for a C&R pistol made 50 years ago in a country that no longer exists....
i'm going to be a felon if this s*** passes.... wonderful....

hey, when they take away my freedom and my family i'll have nothing left to lose.....

Last edited:
Section 25... What's this about? Any large capacity feeding device that has or can readily be restored or converted to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition that was legally possessed by an individual prior to the enactment of this act must be sold or otherwise lawfully disposed of within one year of the act’s effective date. Such large capacity feeding devices may only be sold or disposed of to a purchaser authorized to possess such weapons.

So are grandfathered pre1994 mags no longer legal if this passes? Also the bill doesn't seem to offer any self defense protection. It is like if someone breaks in your house and you relieve the situation. The law gives you 10 years jail for shooting a person. I could be wrong but that's what it reads like.

That's exactly what it means. There is no grandfathering. You must sell your existing more than 10rd mags or you will be a felon.

THIS IS CONFISCATION.

You all need to wake up. They will keep lowering the number until you have none.

In this abomiation of a bill. Can you load all 10 rounds into the grandfathered mags or only 7? It's not clear to me.

In this abomiation of a bill. Can you load all 10 rounds into the grandfathered mags or only 7? It's not clear to me.

7 is the limit. Load more than 7 and you're a felon.

See it almost even rhymes.

You guys need to come with a plan that's better than a letter or one day protest.

This is what where up against .

qynu4uhy.jpg

eme9ura5.jpg

my6aqu8a.jpg

I am not a lawyer, but I did well in english, as I read it the 2nd Amendment has a subordinate clause. The argument that the language concerning the necessity of a militia has any bearing on the fact that the 2nd Amendment clearly confers the right to keep and bear arms, without infringement, upon the people, not the government.

Merriam-Webster defines infringement as “ an encroachment or trespass on a right or privilege” and encroachment as “[the entering] by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another”. That definition suits present-day attempts to limit gun rights exactly.

How can the proposed legislation in NY and now Mass be constitutional?

The wifey last night: Something needs to be done. It is time to restrict guns and magazines.

Me: None of these proposed laws will stop evil and unstable people from getting guns and hurting people. Every massacre since 1950 has occurred in a gun-free zone except one - Gabby Giffords' shooting. I would rather see them do something to eliminate gun-free zones, enforce the current laws on the books and keep mentally ill people from buying guns. This would make a difference and stop the gun-free slaughter zones.

The wifey: Still, something needs to be done! The women are in control now and you old white guys have had your day in power. We want to protect the children!

[banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead]

I am not a lawyer, but I did well in english, as I read it the 2nd Amendment has a subordinate clause. The argument that the language concerning the necessity of a militia has any bearing on the fact that the 2nd Amendment clearly confers the right to keep and bear arms, without infringement, upon the people, not the government.

Merriam-Webster defines infringement as “ an encroachment or trespass on a right or privilege” and encroachment as “[the entering] by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another”. That definition suits present-day attempts to limit gun rights exactly.

How can the proposed legislation in NY and now Mass be constitutional?

It's not and they don't care. Neither does the Supreme Court since 1934. WAKE UP.

- - - Updated - - -

The wifey last night: Something needs to be done. It is time to restrict guns and magazines.

Me: None of these proposed laws will stop evil and unstable people from getting guns and hurting people. Every massacre since 1950 has occurred in a gun-free zone except one - Gabby Giffords' shooting. I would rather see them do something to eliminate gun-free zones, enforce the current laws on the books and keep mentally ill people from buying guns. This would make a difference and stop the gun-free slaughter zones.

The wifey: Still, something needs to be done! The women are in control now and you old white guys have had your day in power. We want to protect the children!

[banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead]

I don't know how some of you can marry someone like that.

Still, something needs to be done! The women are in control now and you old white guys have had your day in power. We want to protect the children!

Ignoring the fact this is your wife, (ie; speaking in general terms) this is frankly the new face of the woman's lib movement. It's no longer about equality, it's about inequality. They are everything they claimed to hate and rebel against.

I'm surprised to have not seen a response from GOAL regarding the text of this new legislation. The first place I saw a full link was a national gun forum -- the second was a mail from Four Seasons. Even the GOAL front page doesn't have the link yet.

I've contacted my representatives, in fact, I did so before the text of Patrick's proposal was out. The only real response I got was from Anne Gobi, who gave me an excellent email about knee-jerk legislation and doing her part to educate her peers on existing laws and such. She continues to earn my vote.

Contact your reps, folks.

Now I understand why my dad, and grandfather spoke so "nice" about politicians. I always thought they were over reacting to the news. They were so right. My children are very much aware and see clearly that no politician can be trusted, and that Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.
This state of Massachusetts with the lobsided government it currently holds, has absolute power to do what ever they want. And again Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

called my Reps, Mark Montigny who is middle of the road on everything and has zero opinion on gun control, and Antonio Cabral, who was pushing for microstamping back in the day.....f****** traitor.....

Last night I dropped the bomb on my GF of 15 years. If this passes the house is going on the market and I'm moving to NH. I hope she comes with, but if she doesn't it will not alter my plan... I'm gone either way... She was not happy. But I told her listen. I'm not going to work 20 out of 40 hours a week to feed the government beast AND lose my natural rights at the same time. A line has been crossed and I'm becoming a refugee fleeing this commie shit hole for NH or ME. I chose those states because we're still close to her family here in MA. IF she chooses not to come then I'll be looking at SC, WY, TX, AZ, as possibilities.

I'm taking my money, and my skills, and my talent and I'm leaving this god forsaken commie shit hole - leaving it to collapse upon itself.

Last night I dropped the bomb on my GF of 15 years. If this passes the house is going on the market and I'm moving to NH. I hope she comes with, but if she doesn't it will not alter my plan... I'm gone either way... She was not happy. But I told her listen. I'm not going to work 20 out of 40 hours a week to feed the government beast AND lose my natural rights at the same time. A line has been crossed and I'm becoming a refugee fleeing this commie shit hole for NH or ME. I chose those states because we're still close to her family here in MA. IF she chooses not to come then I'll be looking at SC, WY, TX, AZ, as possibilities.

I'm taking my money, and my skills, and my talent and I'm leaving this god forsaken commie shit hole - leaving it to collapse upon itself.

This is our family's current view on the situation here in CT as well. If more shit gets passed we're out for NH. Our plan was 4.5 more years, but we'll take whatever hits are necessary to get away from this full retard moonbattery.

Back
Top Bottom