• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Gun expended cartridge?

You also forget: every new gun comes covered in a special liquid such that when you grab the gun for the first time, it imprints your fingerprint forever. The only way to get rid of it is to grind the frame down. FBI uses it to collect fingerprints of all gun owners.

There is also another program that was developed by the AFT science division: Every federal employee has a badge. The badge has a chip in it such that when you fire a specially designed bullet, it will veer away from the badge owner. These bullets have small steering wings that pop out once the bullet exits the barrel. It's basically impossible to hit a federal employee with a badge. All ammo sold by Federal comes with these special bullets. Why do you think the company is called "Federal".

Oh, and I've also heard that all new primers come with a special chemical compound that reacts with a special high frequency. Only FBI knows the frequency. They have these frequency clickers the size of key chains: when they click the button, the primers in your ammo will not ignite!

I got more....
There actually was a study done after Oklahoma City about using degrading polymer elements in powder that would effectively prevent stockpiling of ammunition, it would basically degrade to "inert" in 3-5 years.

It never went anywhere because it was too unpredictable, with some humidity/temperature conditions ammo was basically duds after 12 months or VERY long if cold-stored.

There actually was a study done after Oklahoma City about using degrading polymer elements in powder that would effectively prevent stockpiling of ammunition, it would basically degrade to "inert" in 3-5 years.

It never went anywhere because it was too unpredictable, with some humidity/temperature conditions ammo was basically duds after 12 months or VERY long if cold-stored.
That and police buy off the shelf ammo. No Chief wants to buy thousands of rounds every year when they can buy a truckload once every 5 years. Every round I've ever shot on duty was the same bullet you could buy.

There was/is a program with Speer, bullets came in DHS labeled boxes. Supposedly, the rounds were hand inspected is about the only real difference. I can't wrap my head around doing that after we went to 9mm for cost savings on ammo. Supposed to be +P ammo as well, but the chrono(s) don't lie, they were 900 fps using several chronos. Unless 900ish fps is +P in 9mm?

They did it in Maryland for 15+ years and ended the program years ago and supposedly scrapped all the casings

This^
I bought a Ruger Vaquero .45LC sometime in the mid 2000's, which came with a fired case in an envelope with a sticker containing the gun info with S/N. I added the case to my brass supply.
I thought "what a joke".
Seriously, what criminal is going to use a single action revolver, and then spend the time to unload it and drop the shells on the ground before fleeing the crime scene ???

This^
I bought a Ruger Vaquero .45LC sometime in the mid 2000's, which came with a fired case in an envelope with a sticker containing the gun info with S/N. I added the case to my brass supply.
I thought "what a joke".
Seriously, what criminal is going to use a single action revolver, and then spend the time to unload it and drop the shells on the ground before fleeing the crime scene ???
Are you proposing they're going to pocket that brass while reloading behind cover during a protracted firefight?

I know most guns come with a he white envelope that has the test fire casing in it.
Not true. Do you buy any new guns?

As far as the rest of your post, irrelevant, no need to worry. SC tried this, their program was a complete f*cking failure. Wasted millions, didnt catch any criminals or did whatever they were trying to accomplish.

The thought behind sh*t like this is thst they can analyze the fired casing (not the bullet, the bullet is destroyed). The fire casing has micro marks from the tooling when the gun was manufactured, making it unique. If they ever find a casing at a crime scene and it matches the marks, they know it was gun XYZ.

But sending a fired bullet does nothing, it is a smashed piece of lead.

Your friend needs to stop watching so many movies.

Also, let him know when you shoot someone with a shotgun, the person doesn't fly back 4 feet.

Last edited:
Depends on what the backstop is, if you dig around in the sand berm at any shooting range, you'll find plenty of perfectly intact bullets with rifling marks etc on them. Makes me wonder as a scientific expiriment how much accuracy would suffer if you took like, a .45 FMJ bullet, and reloaded it again. Like take a batch of 50 reloads, fire them all into a spot in the sand, retreive as many as you can and clean and reload the bullets.... and see how much accuracy suffers, etc.

If I had powerball money id have a company that made a sifting machine, so you could take a skid steer and just dump the front of a berm into it, and screen out the bullets and then a club could recycle them somehow. Club gets money from the used bullets and reduces lead leaching or whatever. A win-win. Probably too pricey to be viable though. It'd be like a loam screening machine, but smaller with holes small enough to still capture all but the smallest projectiles. Unless someone modeled it as a sort of a service and would keep a % of the take as a "vig" for the service or whatever, depending on various metrics in terms of how much was excavated, etc. Then theres that whole "keeping the berm from getting too messed up" thing, but im sure theres a way to control that.

I think this business model already exists. There are lead reclamation companies that sift through backstop and collect the lead for recycling. Nobody saves the bullets to be re-used, just the lead to get re-melted into something else.

If I remember correctly, both MRA and WSA use a service like this. (I'm 100% sure WSA does, the club made a bunch of money a few years ago when the trap range was "cleaned")

Was it a officer that told you this?
No it’s a guy who is a typical MA gun owner. He doesn’t believe me when I told him it’s not a crime if someone sees the bulge of your gun. Under your shirt.

I was curious why my Glocks came with the empty casing and the way .gov wastes money, it wouldn’t have surprise me if he was right.

I'm thinking the backstop would probably do sufficient damage to the bullet that getting a positive match would be problematic.

Very true. My range recently replaced some of the rubber media in the backstop, so I got a good look at what those rubber pieces look like. It's kind of 50/50 on bullet recovery. Some indeed ranged from damaged to completely shattered, but others were actually captured whole. At the very least, it would be inconsistent to attempt to recapture all shots. They'd need to be shooting into blocks of gelatin if they needed to pass the bullets along to the FBI.

Last pistol I bought that had a cartridge included was a S&W back in 2015. I bought S&W & Sig after that and they did not have cartridges. I don't think I ever got a cartridge with any of the Ruger or Walthers I've purchased. The last Walther I bought did include the test target.

I have
Heard a new one today. I know most guns come with a he white envelope that has the test fire casing in it.

A guy today told me the bullet goes to the FBI to record the rifling. I figure it’s bullshit, but I never really thought about it.

What say the forum?
None of the guns I have ever purchased came with that.

Memory slipping? I thought I was the old f***. Boris 1 gauge ringing any bells?
[banana]

I was privileged to shoot that beast. It was "nearly" as good as sex

ETA: with THIS crowd I should make it clear that I meant "I got to shoot the 1g shotgun Boris Built, at one of the car shoots."

No it’s a guy who is a typical MA gun owner. He doesn’t believe me when I told him it’s not a crime if someone sees the bulge of your gun. Under your shirt.

I was curious why my Glocks came with the empty casing and the way .gov wastes money, it wouldn’t have surprise me if he was right.
They don’t anymore, and it’s been years at this point.

So every company is digging through backstop fill to find every test bullet from every gun? Seems rather laborious. Also seems like the FBI should know a lot more about unsolved gun crimes than they seem to.
.... if the bullet were to hit a solid object itd be inadmissable.

They shoot it into a water tank to preserve the bullet

I bought a Ruger Vaquero .45LC sometime in the mid 2000's, which came with a fired case in an envelope ... Seriously, what criminal is going to use a single action revolver, and then spend the time to unload it and drop the shells on the ground before fleeing the crime scene ???
Are you proposing they're going to pocket that brass while reloading behind cover during a protracted firefight?
"Reloading"? .45LC, bro. Each pull of the trigger literally cooks 3 victims.

The thought behind sh*t like this is thst they can analyze the fired casing (not the bullet, the bullet is destroyed). The fire casing has micro marks from the tooling when the gun was manufactured, making it unique. If they ever find a casing at a crime scene and it matches the marks, they know it was gun XYZ.
That's their story, but they're no longer sticking to it.

You think they're any better at the "science" of analyzing "micro marks"?
Like when they find a fragment of bell wire in bomb debris,
and claim that a suspect's pair of dikes
"matche the marks on the cut end of the wire".

How bad are things when it's the Left's "The Nation" beating the drum
to broom courtroom "science" that may be used to jack you up in a trial?

Your friend needs to stop watching so many movies.
Also, let him know when you shoot someone with a shotgun, the person doesn't fly back 4 feet.
The boys down in Ballistics hate processing shotgun evidence.

Ever try to match up smoothbore barrel scratches
on a handfull of bird shot in a petri dish?

I was curious why my Glocks came with the empty casing ...
It's a brush-back pitch from Gaston himself;
it means they know where you live, so watch your tongue.
It explains all the Glock Love on NES.
64pq27.jpg

Back
Top Bottom