New Glock slide: problem?

Reptile

NES Member
I have a Glock 21 with a really nice new looking frame. It is 2nd generation. I am thinking of buying a new upper for it. I really like the slick finish compared to the older ones. Being that a new Glock in Mass would cost like $750, paying $400 for an upper is not that bad.

Would it be a problem since the new upper and barrel will have a different serial number? I know it is legal and all, I just feel like the gun would be a mutant half breed without the proper pedigree.

Maybe I am a little nutty and too particular.[hmmm]

What do you think?

As you said... it's perfectly legal.

Whether or not you can mentally accept the mutant glock... is up to you alone [smile]

FYI, if a Glock slide, barrel or frame has a serial number that begins with a single letter it means it was made as a part, and not originally released as a component of a complete gun.

[QUOTE
Whether or not you can mentally accept the mutant glock... is up to you alone [smile][/QUOTE]

What is wrong with me? Why must I be such a nit picker? Everything about my Glocks has to be perfect... I think I need to schedule an appointment with a therapist![rolleyes]

All the rest are there for matching #'s purposes
Another, and possibly primary, motivation is the combination of standardization with the requirement imposed by some other nations on serial numbered parts. In some countries (particularly in Europe) the barrel is the numbered and regulated item.

Another, and possibly primary, motivation is the combination of standardization with the requirement imposed by some other nations on serial numbered parts. In some countries (particularly in Europe) the barrel is the numbered and regulated item.

Thanks for the info.
thumbs.gif

(That should be added to the smilies choices.)

What is wrong with me? Why must I be such a nit picker? Everything about my Glocks has to be perfect... I think I need to schedule an appointment with a therapist![rolleyes]

Yea but you will still have the original slide and barrel as "extras" if you ever decide to sell the pistol. So everything is cool. Go for it.

I have a Glock 21 with a really nice new looking frame. It is 2nd generation. I am thinking of buying a new upper for it. I really like the slick finish compared to the older ones. Being that a new Glock in Mass would cost like $750, paying $400 for an upper is not that bad.

Why not just send the slide out to get it refinished? There are only about 90 different finishes you could have applied to the slide, for a fraction of the cost. [grin]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom