• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Glock Safety Option

So I don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but it looks like there's been new a safety feature created for Glocks. Looks like another loaded chamber indicator. I know there's already one by the extractor that M.H. refuses to accept. Say if Glock incorporates this feature into their Gen 5's (when released) what are the chances of them being acceptable for FFL's in MA to start selling?

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/03/19/shoot-glock-check-gadget/

Last edited:
This is hardly new, that things been out for like a year. They should have called it "Son of Sliderlock" [rofl]

As far as the AG bullshit goes, not happening. Not that it matters anyways.

-Mike

OP, if you think 'safety' has anything to do with MH's tyranny, you have been duped. This will change nothing.

On a side note, I could not believe how fast people were re-holstering in a CC2 class that I went to. What is the rush?!? Take your time and be safe. Avoid doing it blind if possible, even it it means taking the holster off.

Last edited:
OP, if you think 'safety' has anything to do with MH's tyranny, you have been duped. This will change nothing.

On a side note, I could not believe how fast people were re-holstering in a CC2 class that I went to. What is the rush?!? Take your time and be safe. Avoid doing it blind if possible, even it it means taking the holster off.

I guess I'm late. I didn't know these were around. Well she claims they're so "unsafe" and I noticed the loaded chamber is becoming more common in modern pistols (SR9, VP9 etc) so I just thought she'd back off due to an ADDITIONAL safety feature. Of course, that's assuming if Glock chose to submit it (correct me if I'm wrong).

My biggest beef with it is that it doesn't have the Molon Labe symbol on it that mine has. LOL

Good advice and worth repeating and remembering. That police chief who got his jacket toggle caught in the trigger a couple years ago could have used this tip.

So I don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but it looks like there's been new a safety feature created for Glocks. Looks like another loaded chamber indicator. I know there's already one by the extractor that M.H. refuses to accept. Say if Glock incorporates this feature into their Gen 5's (when released) what are the chances of them being acceptable for FFL's in MA to start selling?

Omg omg......Glocks are gonna be legal in mass!!!! Giggidy giggidy giggidy!!!!

[rolleyes]

Attachments

• o1dRkRN.gif
    o1dRkRN.gif
    39.6 KB · Views: 22
  • U0gjM.gif
    U0gjM.gif
    62.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I guess I'm late. I didn't know these were around. Well she claims they're so "unsafe" and I noticed the loaded chamber is becoming more common in modern pistols (SR9, VP9 etc) so I just thought she'd back off due to an ADDITIONAL safety feature. Of course, that's assuming if Glock chose to submit it (correct me if I'm wrong).

As Gxx9sdb correctly points out, it has NOTHING to do with safety. It is all about preventing firearms from being possessed by MA citizens. [frown]

Doesn't matter. the AGs office has had a murderboner for glock forever, and there's also been some institutional BS between them forever, too.

Which is all kind of hilarious, given that tons of new glocks still pour into MA every day, whether the AG likes it or not. Just because they're not on the shelf at four seasons or BPS, etc, doesn't mean they're not coming in. [rofl]

-Mike

Doesn't matter. the AGs office has had a murderboner for glock forever, and there's also been some institutional BS between them forever, too.

Which is all kind of hilarious, given that tons of new glocks still pour into MA every day, whether the AG likes it or not. Just because they're not on the shelf at four seasons or BPS, etc, doesn't mean they're not coming in. [rofl]

-Mike

Her logic on guns in general is just stupid. I'll never understand it.

It is not stupid, just driven by a different philosophical viewpoint regarding the relationship of the government to the governed.

Her enforcement notice was quite smart - it "got her way" in a day and bypassed all that pesky debate, public input and feedback stuff.

Just to rain in your parade a little more it's neither a loaded chamber indicator not a safety. It lets you keep the striker forward so if something gets caught in the trigger guard while bolstering you'll feel it. Of course if you're racing to reholster in the first place you're wrong.

The logic is, many German gun makers have a CLEAR idiot-button on their gun, and Glock does not. Many Glocks have been sold to people who are NOT "gun-people" by the fact that they are featureless point-n-shoot. Understand that these folks really don't keep-up with good gun safety practices, they don't practice chambering/firing/clearing/marksmanship, and just keep their loaded gun in a drawer somewhere.....these people are a hazard to themselves, and the AG knows it. Its her duty to make sure these scared snowflakes don't accidentally shoot themselves.....Law Enforcement has ZERO backbone or desire to challenge her thought-process on any matter, they're all too busy babysitting some construction project to care.

The logic is, many German gun makers have a CLEAR idiot-button on their gun, and Glock does not. Many Glocks have been sold to people who are NOT "gun-people" by the fact that they are featureless point-n-shoot. Understand that these folks really don't keep-up with good gun safety practices, they don't practice chambering/firing/clearing/marksmanship, and just keep their loaded gun in a drawer somewhere.....these people are a hazard to themselves, and the AG knows it. Its her duty to make sure these scared snowflakes don't accidentally shoot themselves.....Law Enforcement has ZERO backbone or desire to challenge her thought-process on any matter, they're all too busy babysitting some construction project to care.

Wow...

^this
"safety" is their alibi for confiscation

in terms of holstering this is one reason I like hammer fired pistols. if this device works reliably on a glock it might be worthwhile. however adding more moving parts to a pistol will never make it more reliable, only less. a glock is such a nearly perfect tool that I am very leery of adding any parts to it, including a safety device.

I hope you are kidding

^this
"safety" is their alibi for confiscation

in terms of holstering this is one reason I like hammer fired pistols. if this device works reliably on a glock it might be worthwhile. however adding more moving parts to a pistol will never make it more reliable, only less. a glock is such a nearly perfect tool that I am very leery of adding any parts to it, including a safety device.
[rofl]

If you filed off the 'glock' name and replaced it with 'S&W,' you'd be all set.

My revolvers have no safety, no mag disconnect nor a loaded chamber indicator. Someone who gonna pull da triggah isn't checking if the mag is dropped or if the LCI is up or down. They just be pullin da triggaaahhhzzz.

Lol not sure if serious. I don't think you have a clue of what CMR940 was really created for.

Lol not sure if serious. I don't think you have a clue of what CMR940 was really created for.

I've read it - and I believe you may have your 'understanding' of what CMR 940 was created-for, and the Attorney General's office has their 'understanding' - those probably differ greatly. Understood, not arguing that. But if we're going to dismantle the Nanny-State, you have to understand why the 'Nanny' feels as though they have a vital job to do....and counter it effectively.

I'm not knocking Glock - I own one, love it. There's a European elegance to simplicity and good design, which fed right into the marketing hype that sold it to lots of 'other' folks. I know several Glocks, many Gen 1 guns, that haven't seen 200 rounds down the barrel in their lifetime. My father's hasn't been fired in over a decade. Several haven't left their night-stand resting place in years - you can't argue with me that these folks are "gun people". Glock was THE pistol that was deliberately sold to NON-gun people for its simplicity, reliability, accuracy, dependability, and you didn't have to fuss-with it to make it go BANG when you needed to. Its the gun you have in the desk-drawer and 'forget about' until SHTF, at least it was where I came from. That simplicity means it doesn't have some "stuff" on it that other guns have. Okay....now what?

I firmly believe that if the Law Enforcement Community stood with Glock and told the AG to make an exception/change due to Glock's record as the Nation's LE and Govt. Duty gun, I think it would happen. She 'has' to listen to them...clearly, after what happened at The Gun Parlor in Worcester, it should be a wake-up call to everyone that cops don't give a damn about the AG's overstep or our rights or common sense for that matter.....I'm flatly bewildered by what went-down there. In other states, if an AG jammed-up a gun sale to Law Enforcement, cops (through their Union or FOP Reps.) would have marched with pitchforks and torches and HANDLED it. Instead, they rolled-over. The out-of-state LEOs I've talked-to are rather surprised as to what the AG is getting-away with up here. If it were my gun business in MA, I'd never sell a gun to LE ever again....let them crawl to Ms. Healey and kiss-the-ring.

I've read it - and I believe you may have your 'understanding' of what CMR 940 was created-for, and the Attorney General's office has their 'understanding' - those probably differ greatly. Understood, not arguing that. But if we're going to dismantle the Nanny-State, you have to understand why the 'Nanny' feels as though they have a vital job to do....and counter it effectively.

I'm not knocking Glock - I own one, love it. There's a European elegance to simplicity and good design, which fed right into the marketing hype that sold it to lots of 'other' folks. I know several Glocks, many Gen 1 guns, that haven't seen 200 rounds down the barrel in their lifetime. My father's hasn't been fired in over a decade. Several haven't left their night-stand resting place in years - you can't argue with me that these folks are "gun people". Glock was THE pistol that was deliberately sold to NON-gun people for its simplicity, reliability, accuracy, dependability, and you didn't have to fuss-with it to make it go BANG when you needed to. Its the gun you have in the desk-drawer and 'forget about' until SHTF, at least it was where I came from. That simplicity means it doesn't have some "stuff" on it that other guns have. Okay....now what?

I firmly believe that if the Law Enforcement Community stood with Glock and told the AG to make an exception/change due to Glock's record as the Nation's LE and Govt. Duty gun, I think it would happen. She 'has' to listen to them...clearly, after what happened at The Gun Parlor in Worcester, it should be a wake-up call to everyone that cops don't give a damn about the AG's overstep or our rights or common sense for that matter.....I'm flatly bewildered by what went-down there. In other states, if an AG jammed-up a gun sale to Law Enforcement, cops (through their Union or FOP Reps.) would have marched with pitchforks and torches and HANDLED it. Instead, they rolled-over. The out-of-state LEOs I've talked-to are rather surprised as to what the AG is getting-away with up here. If it were my gun business in MA, I'd never sell a gun to LE ever again....let them crawl to Ms. Healey and kiss-the-ring.

Cops can currently buy whatever the hell they want through le exemption. You think all the cops that are profiting from that are gonna go to healey and make a case that us peasents should be able to buy Glocks with no issues? Yes......Cops profit from it........You don't think they go buy a Glock for their own personal use do you? When they can buy 5-10 of em a year and hold em for a few months and sell them at a profit on the inflated market here. Yeah.. ...They ****ing do that!

Back
Top Bottom