New folks check in and say, Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New member from Germany here.
After lurking for some weeks I'm following Derek's appeal and have finally registered.
So far I know one member, that's J_Smith.
Met Jon during his Army service in Germany and we had some good times at the range playing with my toys.
Besides some handguns I'm mostly into military rifles; the older, the better. People say I have a Mauser addiction and I think they are right 8)
I've been to NE about a dozen times as my employer runs a plant in East Walpole, MA; unfortunately not too often over the course of the last few years. Hope, that's changing soon :p

Thanks for the warm welcome !
I liked the site right from when I started reading, especially the "PC" comments about Mass. laws and regulations.

Ross,
I will hold you to your offer :p
How about some Class 3 Rock'n Roll ?
Don't get to do this much lately as the only way for full auto over here
is within the Reserve.

JuergenG said:
Ross,
I will hold you to your offer :p
How about some Class 3 Rock'n Roll ?

Well, there's a full auto shoot in Westfield next weekend. :D

In MA, you need to have a class III license (which I don't have) and need to be able to shell out several thousand (which I also don't have) to own a full auto firearm. There are a few ranges around that rent them, though.

Hmmm... an NES class III shoot. Not a bad idea. :D :D

JuergenG, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

Range time we can arrange, F/A isn't real likely unless you hit the timing just right to be here during one of the occasional "rock 'n roll" shoots.

Hello all! I surfed my way in here just today and decided to sign up and try to participate.

I live on the South Shore and am active in the action shooting community. I shoot primarily IPSC/USPSA matches throughout the New England area. I will probably spend most of my time here in the Competition shooting forum but may venture into a couple others here and there.

If anybody has any questions about IPSC, rules, equipment or techniques or just wants to chat about it, feel free to ask me. I've played this game since the late 80's and have just returned to it this year after a brief break to help raise my two children.

I am mostly a pistol shooter but I do have a hunting rifle or two. Hope to see you folks over in the Comp area.

I'm glad to be here, I think New England needed something like this.

I'll be joining the Hanson R&G club as soon as I fill out the dang paperwork and get over there.

Hamar!

Hamar said:
Hello all! I surfed my way in here just today and decided to sign up and try to participate.

I live on the South Shore and am active in the action shooting community. I shoot primarily IPSC/USPSA matches throughout the New England area. I will probably spend most of my time here in the Competition shooting forum but may venture into a couple others here and there.

If anybody has any questions about IPSC, rules, equipment or techniques or just wants to chat about it, feel free to ask me. I've played this game since the late 80's and have just returned to it this year after a brief break to help raise my two children.

I am mostly a pistol shooter but I do have a hunting rifle or two. Hope to see you folks over in the Comp area.

I'm glad to be here, I think New England needed something like this.

I'll be joining the Hanson R&G club as soon as I fill out the dang paperwork and get over there.

Hamar!

Okay, as a welcome... I have posted one question for you... and posted it under competitions approved holster of IPSC... thanks. [wink]

Oh yeah, just figured I've never "checked in" So hi. My name is Grifter. I live in Maine and work for the Maine Crime Lab.

ummm so yeah

Hello-
Another new member. I've lived in Massachusetts all my life except when I was a Navy brat in the '40s and '50s and in the Army in '67-'70. I have a Class A LTC (ALP) and collect pistols and shoot on my home-built range.

I ran across NE Shooters while doing some online research and was pleased to find so many like-minded people. It may be tough being pro-2nd here, but we need to let the AG and the Legislature know it's our state too.

Great to see the Suribachi flag-raising photo. It was always in our house growing up, to honor my uncles who fought at Iwo Jima and Okinawa. The Greatest Generation!!!

Welcome Swamp Yankee (and anyone else that I missed :) )!

Hope you enjoy it here. I'm envious if you have a home-built high-power range! :D

Can't think of anyplace in SE MA that still has that kind of undisturbed real estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom