• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Welcome Jay, Ray, Ryan, Eddie, Eric and Op4guy, Sam and Landheerj!

Glad to have you all here! I know you will enjoy this site. tons of great guys and overflowing knowledge.

Hello everyone ! I just recently joined with an Instructors Membership, my name is Paul, my sign on is Mass Handgun Safety. A little bit about me, I have about 12 years Federal law Enforcement experience to include Federal Law Enforcement Officer Firearms Instructor, 11 Years Federal Disturbance Control Lead Instructor Certification as well. I grew up with a career Law Enforcement Officer and have been around guns all my life. I also have the Massachusetts Basic Firearms Safety Certification and I offer the NRA Basic Pistol Course and the NRA Personal Protection in the Home Course. I enjoy teaching and look forward to a long enjoyable and informative experience here at North East Shooters. If you need a course please send a PM or Log on to: www.masshandgunsafety.com

Great to have you here Paul. I appreciate your support of the forum and hope it brings you some good business.
Wishing you the best and enjoy the site.

Hey all, first off, just wanted to say hello! Also, I just want to go on record and state that MA really sucks. I grew up in Lowell, but then moved to Hudson NH for about 5 years which is when I started getting into hunting, shooting, and CCW. When I moved back to MA (yes, yes, I know!), I got rid of all of my pistols, do to some misinformation about legally possessing them in MA. Getting rid of my XD 45 really hurt :( Anyway, I got my MA Class A about a year and a half ago, and have yet to purchase any handguns. I am looking right now, but it seems I can't even get anything, used even, any caliber for under $400. I found all kinds of delicious arms for sale online in my price range, but none of the ones I can afford right now are MA compliant. Am I going to find that this is mostly the case? I'm getting married this year, so I can't go and spend a hell of a lot ya know? Next year, it's on! The good news is, my fiance supports my interest in shooting, carrying, etc, and is even asking me if she can get her class A. Does anyone have any suggestions for online retailers who are familiar with MA, or decent gun shops selling used guns in the central MA area? Thanks everyone,

Hello Abashore,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, best of luck on your first purchase and with your upcoming wedding.
Hope you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and new to guns in general. I'm from Ct. and only got my permit in Jan. I'm a musician and a recently minted librarian, an out of work librarian, but a librarian none the less.
A problem that might be coming up is, between work and the fact that my fiance lives in Ma. I might have to move there in the next year, this bothers me.
My fiance hates Ct. and won't leave New England. I guess I'll cross that river when I get to it. I'm checking the list of good towns to move to, if it comes to that. Mean while, I'm just going to keep reading and "listen" to the conversations.

Andy

Hello Andy,

Thanks for the introduction. Hope to see you work out your living situation without affecting your 2A rights. Make yourself at home here we are a good bunch and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hi All,
I'm Dave, live in Southern NH, moved here from MA about 10yrs ago. I came across this site looking into NH handgun laws and have been happily using the great wealth of info here to learn about my gun ownership rights. Actually just picked up my CCW license this morning. So thought it would be appropriate to become a member and give a little back. Other than hunting some birds with the shotgun, no handgun experience. So need to start with some basic training and learning to handle a weapon before running out and buying one. Any suggestions for training or gun selection would be appreciated. You have a great site here and I look forward to participating.

Last edited:
Hello All, Another one from Hudson, NH :) Two in a row has got to be good luck.

My name is Adam, I moved to NH two years ago when I got out of the Navy. I've been shooting since I was 8 years old, and have a nice, small collection of guns. I love hunting, although my job (I'm a Merchant sailor now) usually has me gone during the hunting seasons. I have my CCL, and carry everywhere everyday I am home.

I also hang around on a few other forums (THR mostly) so you may recognize my screen name.

Also, a note to Bigtuna, they offer NRA introductory pistol classes at the Manchester Firing Line (www.gunsnh.com), at a reasonable price, and most of the instructors there are also MA certified, so if you wanted to try to get your MA Non-res permit eventually, those classes count.

Hello David and Adam,

Glad to have you both join us here. Thank You David for supporting the forum - I am sure you will be happy with all the benefits of being a member here.
Hope you both enjoy the forum and jump in the discussions.

>.> Ello' everyone. Another new member. I used to shot a lot with my dad as a kid, so i've always been around guns. My main hobbies involved Muay Thai and playing guitar in some local bands... as now both are impossible due to injury, I am turning back to firearms. (my weightlifting partner is a gun enthusiast too so that's one more push) I found this forum looking for clarification on MA gun laws and was forced to stay here at gunpoint.
o_O;

Welcome Ink, nice to see you go green so soon! I sure you will be telling your friends about this site sooner or later on how informative and fun it is!

Hello, I live in the Nashua area and I am a relatively new gun owner and a novice shooter. I bought my first pistol last October after what happened in Mont Vernon. Believe it or not, it was my wife who marched me to the gun shop. I joined Nashua Fish & Game shortly after and taking it slow working on safe handling and marksmanship. Shooting when I can when I'm not looking after my 2 year old and 4 month old girls. I came across this site when it kept coming across my Google searches for other firearms-related things. Liked it so much it made me go green. Lots of information on this site and makes me realize I have plenty to learn.

Hello, I live in the Nashua area and I am a relatively new gun owner and a novice shooter. I bought my first pistol last October after what happened in Mont Vernon. Believe it or not, it was my wife who marched me to the gun shop. I joined Nashua Fish & Game shortly after and taking it slow working on safe handling and marksmanship. Shooting when I can when I'm not looking after my 2 year old and 4 month old girls. I came across this site when it kept coming across my Google searches for other firearms-related things. Liked it so much it made me go green. Lots of information on this site and makes me realize I have plenty to learn.

Welcome to NES. Nice handle! [smile]

Welcome to NES!

Hello, I live in the Nashua area and I am a relatively new gun owner and a novice shooter. I bought my first pistol last October after what happened in Mont Vernon. Believe it or not, it was my wife who marched me to the gun shop.

Nope, ain't gonna believe it without pix or video. [wink] Seriously, good on your wife for that. She also shoots... right?

What's goin on everyone, just started looking into multi-gun competitions and wanted to do some research and chat with some local shooters. i'm mostly into long range precision shooting. I own a Remington 700 sps with a free floated bull barrel, atg bipods, an Osprey 6-24x/50mm mildot scope and the 2nd gen x-mark trigger. unfortunately, seeing as how i'm from jersey and don't have a local range, the farthest i've been able to push out has been 400yds at a friend's farm but she holds 1/2 MOA like a champ. getting home from deployment around christmas-time and planning on getting my first pistol. as far as experience goes, i'm a security operator in the Marine Corps and have had loads of time to shoot. i've been through Advanced Urban Combat Course and have been able to hone my speed and skills over countless shotgun, pistol and rifle rounds. but despite all this i'm always hungry for more knowledge and constantly searching for more resources to broaden my skill range.

Hello everyone! I though I would join up here to see if I could find anyone in the Southwestern Conneticut area that shares my interest. I currently own 2 Finnish M-39's 1 Mosin Nagant 91/30 sniper repo 1 Mosin Nagant M38 and 1 M1944. I also have a March of 1944 production M1 Garand a 1949 Enfiled No1 MkIII and a 1943 dated Mauser 98K. I am intersted to find others in my area who share my love of WWII milsurps and mabye find more info on local gun shows that have these type of mil-surps. I belong to another forum and while they are all great guys its hard to go shooting with a guy that lives in Alaska or Texas. I am also hoping to find a shooting club withing reasonable driving distance from me here. We have one outdoor rifle range about 20 minutes from me. The people who run it are very freindly and its cheap but it si not exactly state of the art. Shooting out in the open in the sun during August is not much fun! Hope to make some good freinds here and some connections. If I find its a good fit then I am definetely interested in joining.
Michael

Hello cqbseven and Killsnapz,

Glad to have you both joining us on the board. Certainly sounds like you both will bring plenty of knowledge of your own to share. Hope to see you in the discussions.

Hi to everyone!

Happy to have joined NES - a ton of knowledge out there amongst the members (and a good sense of humor as well...)

Received my LTC-A last week (on my Birthday of all days - so that was a nice gift) and look forward to getting out there and start shooting again - mostly a novice, not much shooting since I was a kid, but looking to build a strong set of skills going forward.

Hope to come out and join a NES shoot down the road and meet some fellow members.

Another new guy here. Joined and became paid subscriber all at once due to the Independence Day giveaway with Four Seasons. I got my MA LTC-A in April, bought a Sig 226 and have run about 300 rounds through it so far. I'm afraid it may need to go back for service as it doesn't consistently return fully to battery :-( but I am enjoying improving my skills. Will be joining Littleton or Harvard Sportsmens club soon as driving to Manchester Firing Line Range is a big time and fuel investment (I love their facilities though).

Looking forward to learning from others here and making some new friends that share interests in guns and shooting.

Hello Slewisma,

Thanks for your support of the forum - pretty incredible give away by Four Seasons and NES - wish you luck

Hi I am Stan Kopp from Ashland, Ohio. I shot a lot when I was a kid and enjoyed it. When President Obama got elected, I started buying guns and gold. My first purchase was a Beretta 9mm.

I also own an XD-40 sc, a pa-63 and 7.65 from FEG. It is a shame that the cradle of liberty that Massachusetts once was has become so "progressive." I love the Boston area (I have been to the Stoneham Zoo) and it just about breaks my heart to hear how oppressive ith has become to gun owners...

Back
Top Bottom