New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello Stan,

Thank you for coming in to introduce yourself, even more thanks for the support of the forum here.
We hope you will find the site useful and fun, enjoy it and hope to see you in the discussions.

Sig not returning to battery

Welcome Slewisma!

not sure by what you are referring to...

Sometimes after firing a round or racking first round of new magazine, the trigger doesn't fully reset so I can't fire the gun without using the decocker so that I can shoot double action or racking it again to toss the round and rack a new one. Not looking for answers here, just made a comment as I was introducing myself. As a new shooter I don't relish the thought of giving up my one and only gun for a few weeks for factory service but it may come to that.

Hey everyone! My name is Stavroula, I'm 22 years old and I am currently going to school and working at a bank. I found out about this site from my sister who has been a member for quite a while. I'm taking a pistol safety class in a couple weeks in order to apply for a license in the future. Have a good day, everyone! =]

Hello Stavroula,

Glad to see you found the site. Hope you follow through and get that license. We look forward to having your input in the discussions.
Enjoy and be safe.

I just took a class from Jon Green at GOAL and he referred me to NES. I am new to the sport and am applying for my Class A license in Lexington. I just posted a request ask anyone if they had experience in Lexington and any suggested language for 'why I am requesting a License to Carry'. Also would be interested in recommendations for Gun Clubs in the Lexington area.
Thanks!

I'm a (very) longtime lurker who only recently got off my butt and got my LTC-A (Hunting & Target) in Milton, MA. I found NES while looking for information on how to apply for an LTC/FID, and have found it to be an invaluable source. I'm looking forward to contributing what I can to an already great forum.

Hello Bensoch and Skiman305,

Glad to have you both on board here. Jon is great at GOAL, glad he ref. you to the site.
Hope to see you both in the discussions, enjoy and be safe.

I'm originally from MA but moved to VT for work. I worked in VT for 2 years and am now returning to MA. Living in VT opened me to firearms sports and now coming back to MA I have no desire to give it up... I learned of this site while doing my research on where to live, how to get my LTC, etc... Since coming across this site, I have joined the NRA, GOAL, and will become a paying member here shortly. From what I've seen this site is a great resource and I am very grateful I came across it...

G

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking here for a little while now. I first came across the site reading over my boyfriends shoulder, and I have found many of the threads highly entertaining. There seems to be a lot of people with a great sense of humor. I was finally forced to get my own account. As for me: I am getting into photography, and enjoy being outside. I've been doing more hiking and bike riding in the last year. I also enjoy yoga and pilates. I don't shoot all that often, and do not consider myself a gun nut, but I do enjoy it when I do go out. I really liked shooting .22 rifles. I think I like those best.

Hello Kargiver and Snow Bunny,

Thanks for the support for all the 2nd A organizations - we appreciate you helping with the good fight.
Snow Bunny - make yourself comfortable - there is a lot of discussions hope you can join in the fun.

Hello fellow shooters. My name is Rick Lempke and I'm new to the board. I've been shooting with a few of you.
I was a squid on board the USS Guam in the early 90's. I served in the Army in the mid 90's. Then went back to the Navy and finished my last 3 years as a Seabee (EO). I currently work for Santa Cruz Gunlocks and I'm working on designing steel targets for pistol and rifle use.
Hope to hear from some of you and meet many of you.
Happy and safe shooting. And express your rights before you lose them.
Rick

Another noob here. I took the basic pistol course and the instructor was very positive about this site. No prior experience for me. Submitted my application last week and just waiting for a telephone call. Figured it was best to lurk for a while and get the lay of the land but another member encouraged me to come here and say "Hi." I'll be sure to update the appropriate thread once my license comes through.

Hello everyone,

My name is James and I am a resident of Roxbury, MA. I took a Home Firearm Safety course with the guys over at Mass Firearms School out in Framingham in April(they also introduced me to the board). I have just finished jumping through all Boston's hurdles for an LTC-A "Sport and Targeting" because "they don't give ALP out to just anybody" I have to admit I kind of felt like a second class citizen, but nonetheless I decided to stick with it and took my range test 5/21 and passed(no prior shooting experience all credit to the guys at Mass Firearms for instruction on lining up the sights) so now I'm just playing the waiting game. Love the forum I have found it to be very resourceful.

Hello Rick, Hubflyer, and James

Welcome to the forum to each one of you.

Rick thanks for your service!
Hubflyer thanks for the support on the forum
James - glad to see you still went ahead with the application - you got to start somewhere.

Enjoy the forum guys and hope to see you in the active discussions.

Hi everyone! I just joined recently so that my husband would stop hounding me. [smile] Originally from MA but currently living in Southern NH. I've had my LTC for a couple years. I don't get out to shoot as often as Mr. Twigg would like me to, but with a 12 year old, I don't have much time sometimes. Oh well...have a great evening!! [wave]

Hi,
My name is Jeff and as you can see by my screen name i am a butcher and also serving in the ma army guard (OIF 2005-2006/ OIF 2007-2008), LTC A restricted to hunting target (cant be trusted i guess just went to war twice) thankyou chicopee! and belong to chicopee sportsmans club, oh ya and just got myself a 50BMG!

Last edited:
Howdy!
I've been lurking for about a month and figured now was the time I'd come out of the shadows. Love the forum, nice people (some with sleeping body parts) and there's a ton to learn. Mostly a pistol guy, but may start looking into long range rifles (300-600 yds). Presently I'm waiting for my CCW and a membership in a local R & G club up here in Portland.
Take care and see you on the forum!

Hello Jeff and Boy Named Sue,

Thanks for coming by to introduce yourselves.
Hope to see you both active in the discussions
Enjoy the forum.

hi, my name is steve,and i came across this site while researching,for help in applying for my LTC A,will be takeing saftey course at NRA in woburn in two weeks.i live in somerville,mass,and im 59 years old, would appreciate any feedback from anyone on proper reasons for licence. will continue my research here,and thank you for your time

Hello Steve,

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with the LTC process. If you do a search here no the forum there is a guide to cities and towns where it shows the likely hood of being issued LTC-A with no restrictions. Again glad to have you here and hope to see you in the discussions.

Hello Larry,

Glad you came across the site. Do you ever make it up to New England? Regardless we are happy to have representation on the forum from all parts of the country.
From what I see of your "likes" you will fit in just great here. Hope to see you in the discussions and enjoy.

Hi everyone. New member and first time poster here. I just applied for my permit on 6/2 and I'm just been trolling around different sites taking in as much information as I can. I will be a first time gun owner in 6-8 weeks (according to my local PD). I'm 26 and from West Haven, CT. Glad to be here!

Hello...new to the board and firearms in general. Just passed my NRA Pistol Safety course. Will be lurking for awhile.

Thanks for a great resource.

Back
Top Bottom