New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello Blindfire,

Glad you piped in the welcome thread. Feel free to ask away but use the search function as much has been discussed in the past.
Enjoy and be safe.

Hi everyone. I'm Lance from Plymouth, MA.

I've been looking into getting my LTC for a while now and finally submitted the application on Tuesday. In six weeks or so I should have something in the mail!

Just wanted to say 'hi'. There's a wealth of info on here and I'm looking forward to sifting through it!

Hey, Vinny here just joined a few weeks ago and in the process of waiting for my LTC to clear. Came across this site looking for firearm saftey courses. my hobbies are cars and photograhpy.

Hello Vinny,

Your hobbies will soon be trying to figure out the mess of laws in MA pertaining to firearms :) Then your going to be bit by the what gun next should I get. Then how does this reloading thing work.
All in all you will have a great site with lots of knowledge to help you along. Best of luck completing the LTC process.

Just joined the end of last month (5-2010). Live in Wellesley, work in Boston and shoot in Westford. Used to compete in .22 gallery match, but arthritis has taken a bite out of accuracy :) ! Have a fondness for High Standard, Colt and Beretta, with a little S&W here and there including the odd looking .35 S&W auto. Just try getting ammo for that thing! Besides shooting and modest collecting, I also enjoy my antique phonographs and player piano. Stumbled upon this site accidentally while searching for information on the Blue Hills Volcano. I was at 7 in the newsroom when this happened - still am! 39 years at 7 on the 7th of June!
Bryant

Hi folks, I'm Al from Marlborough. I found this site when I was looking for info/applying for my LTC, and found this forum incredibly useful in navigating the MA gun laws. I've been doing a lot pistol shooting lately at AFS, and will probably look at joining a club closer to where I live to get more time in.

Keep it up!

Hi folks, I'm Al from Marlborough. I found this site when I was looking for info/applying for my LTC, and found this forum incredibly useful in navigating the MA gun laws. I've been doing a lot pistol shooting lately at AFS, and will probably look at joining a club closer to where I live to get more time in.

Man, there's an awful lot of us in Marlborough. [grin] Al, my recommendation for a good club not too far from here is Harvard Sportsman's Club. it's about 20 minutes away via 495 and has a LOT of different facilities. Feel free to PM me about it.

Hi, I'm from Hudson, MA. I was a member of my gun club at the University of Florida, but never owned my own gun until I got my (restricted) LTC-A last February. I now put about 250 rounds per week through my P226. I've started out by working on my target skills --and I've gotten pretty decent at this, generally putting down 2.5-inch groups at 50 feet -- but my main interest is in practical/action shooting and I'm planning to get involved with IDPA sometime soon.

I used to be a pretty hard-core Libertarian political activist but got burned out at it, and I gave up on the party after they eviscerated their platform in 2006 and then nominated Bob Barr in 2008. After a few years' vacation from politics I'm just beginning to get active again, this time focusing my effort on 2nd-amendment rights.

Alongside two other gun-toting anarchocapitalists, I develop security software for an internet company in Cambridge.

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm, a novice shooter from Central MA. Currently own a Walther P22 (my first gun) and a Sig P229 .40. I'm having a blast learning and love going to the range..

I signed up to NES today after visiting the new state of the art shooting range in Manchester NH. The Manchester Firing Line Range is so inspiring it even got this old gun enthuist to join your forum. I'd like to thank you all for makeing these forums possible. I'll be stopping in from time to time now that I know you are all out there looking out for each other.

Hi All,
As I was poking around I came accross this thread and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Ty, I live in Taunton, MA and enjoy firearms and protecting the rights we all enjoy that allow us to have this fun hobby. Coming from an LE background, I have been around firearms most of my life. I enjoy collecting and building. I found NES through a friend who said it was a great place to post classifieds. I have found it to be much more than that and catch myself on the site multiple times a day reading threads and enjoying others expreience and knowledge. Great site... glad I found it!!

Look at all the new faces :)
Welcome Dfranke, Daytona440, Dry Powder,a nd Typennies.

Glad you all found the site. Great place with good people. Enjoy and be safe.

Hi guys!

I'm currently in DFW, with family back east. I've been shooting since I was a kid, my primary focus now is self/family defense. I found this great site through APEX tactical...

Happy to be here!

Hey guys and girls

I live in the Metro West area of Massachusetts and am new to the forums. I have trolled around on a few of the sites for years just trying to learn about firearms and some of the ideas and philosophy behind different guns. I found this site through online searches and through a friend and I really like the comments and help that everyone gives on this site. I am a new owner of a handgun and plan to get into it as both personal/family defense as well as a hobby.

Hello CaptainDooley and StephenR,

This forum is a great place to talk some guns, politics, and just plan fun. Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

Hi Everyone,

I figured it was about time I joined as I have been lurking for quite a while. Thanks for all of the valuable information on the MA laws. I have had my MA fid/ltc for 20 years and am getting back into it. Hopefully we can get 2259 passed and stop this 4102 nonsense. Let's vote out Deval, together we can!!

Hello All!

I finally made the move to join the site. I've been lurking in the shadows for quite a while now. Not sure why I made the decision now to join, but here I am.

I am up in Nashua and have been a member of Pelham Fish & Game for about 8 years. Have a small collection of milsurps and a few newer items I like to shoot.
Hope you will welcome me and put up with my stupid questions.

Thanks,
Freddy_65

Hello NESers

My name is Matt, Ive been a long time lurker on this site and I finally joined, I am currently in the LE field of work and have been around firearms my entire life so far (23). I am thankful for my unrestrcited class A, since I know they are somewhat hard to come by. I am a resident of Holbrook,MA and have lived in MA my whole life grew up in southie and other towns on the south shore. I look forward to reading more on this site and contributing to posts. Thank you!

Hello Matt,

Glad you came in to introduce yourself. Hope you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us.
Get into the discussions and enjoy.

New member here from Peabody MA, I am a new resident to MAssachusetts and trying to work my way through these strict laws. I must say it was much easier up in Maine.

I feel your pain MaineCopper,

At least you found a good site to hopefully answer some of your questions. I wish you the best in your process to get licensed here.
Glad you made the introduction and look forward to seeing your thread on my LTC has arrived :)

Back
Top Bottom