New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Welcome. We don't mind lawyers that work diligently to protect 2A rights. Just be careful when Cali slides into the ocean under the weight of it's massive debt.

Howdy from a newbie to the forums.

I grew up in MA and learned my love of shooting from my old man, who is a green name hereabouts. Though I've since brought shame and disgrace to the family name by moving to California and becoming a lawyer, I get back to New England occasionally, and had the privilege of meeting a few of the regulars at a shoot that the old man brought me to. Even had the chance to try Fred's chili.

Hope you all don't mind me poking my nose in.

Hello Centerfire,

Glad to have you on the board - pretty cool you got to go to a shoot.
Fred's chili is pretty darn good!

Not necessarily.

See above in red. It MUST have been equipped with "evil features" before 9/13/1994 (by anyone) in order to have the "pre-ban" designator. DOB of the frame is only part of the equation.

The above is per MGLs (and BATFE Fed Law prior to expiration of the original Fed Ban).

Thank you for keeping me from making a stupid mistake.

Thank you for keeping me from making a stupid mistake.

Glad to help. Sorry for the bad news.

MANY believe that as long as the S/N is pre-ban, anything goes. During the Fed Ban, BATFE addressed this very clearly that it had to have been actually built/kitted in "evil config" for it to count and grandfather it. MGLs picked up the wording of the Fed Ban but not all the regs/letter rulings . . . however the Fed Ban set a precedent that a liberal court would interpret not in your favor, especially under the current administration.

Hello, My name is Paul, I live in Milford, MA. I grew up in the south as an avid shooter and hunter and had a big reality check when I got to MA. I work as a BCBA which is designing behavioral interventions for children with Autism. This is a really solid site with great information. Glad to be here.

Just took a class at Manchester Firing Line, and they suggested coming here for information on shooting events in the area.

Grew up in rural NH, doing informal back-pasture shooting with .22s and clays with a single-barrel .410 and a hand trap. Lived in Boston for a while, would occasionally come up to Wolf firearms(pre-MFL) and rent a .45 for a bowling pin shoot. Moved around, didn't shoot at all for many years. Now back in NH and getting interested in starting again...

Hey all,

I registered awhile back and have been lurking a bit here and there. I'm from MA, looking to relocate to NH, contingent on a recent job inquiry. I've been shooting a few years now, and I've fallen in love with it. I'm primarily a pistol guy, but would also like to get into rifles (particulary the AR-15). .45 is my favorite pistol caliber. I own a Sig P220 two tone (complete with the SRT and action enhancement package), a S&W 1911PD, a Glock 27 (for CCW), and a Remington 12ga shotgun (model 11-40).

I know Derek from another discussion board, and have heard nothing but good things about NES. I'm proud to be a member of this forum, and look forward to getting to know all of you. Stay safe.

-LM3

Hello, I'm Stiff Shots Photography. (Yes, that's my standard opener, and the result of watching too many episodes of JACKASS...)

As you might guess from the handle and the link, I'm a photographer whose "shooting" up to this point has been camera based, with the occasional foray into paintball and airsoft. This year, though, I finally decided to get "own/shoot a handgun" off my bucket list,so...

Say hello to my new Ruger SR9.

And here it is speaking its first words, at 25 feet...

...and at 50 feet.

Mind you, this is only the second time in my LIFE I've even held a 9mm, much less fired one, but I'm feeling pretty good about the experience so far. [smile]

(PS. The link to my website, while far from "X-rated," might still be considered Not Safe For Work and/or Polite Company, so click accordingly...)

Last edited:
Welcome!!
(PS. The link to my website, while far from "X-rated," might still be considered Not Safe For Work and/or Polite Company, so click accordingly...)

You ARE bringing some of those ladies to a NES shoot, right? I mean, it's your duty to teach these girls how to defend themselves!

Hi, All,
Been lurking on the site occasionally for a couple years. Recently, though, a generous person made me a member. (Thanks again!)
Attended an Appleseed Event and became an Instructor in Training before I had even bought my first rifle.
Happy to say that I'm now the proud owner of more firearms! (and more to come!)
I am looking forward to being more involved with the shooting sports, and taking part in some more of these coool events!

-Alix

Hello all! I signed up a few months back at the recommendation of my boss. I work for a private security firm, doing force protection for a military installation. I have been in the Army National Guard for years now, and I am an active shooter. I have extensive experience with our military platforms (M-4, M249, M240B etc...). I have had my LTC A for about 4 years now. I own a Sig P229, Walther P22, Walther PK380, and a Remington 870. So far there has been some great advice that I have gotten by reading forums and such. So, thank you!

Morning, all. As you can see by my clever and elusive username, I'm Tom. I've had some experience shooting since I was a kid, mostly .22 rifles and always loved it. As an adult I've been promising myself I would get my LTC/A for years but found a lot of excuses. I finally took my safety class at Mass Firearms School on Monday where the instructor recommended NES. I submitted my application yesterday and hope to be buying my first pistol in September some time. Lots of information on this site and I've just begun to wade through it!

Tom

Hello Dpeabody and Tom Walker,

Glad to have you both here on the site. You can thank your boss and instructor for directing you to the best gun owners site in the Northeast. Enjoy and be safe.

Just joined NES. I've had a long interest in shooting and have only recently taken the initiative to get started. My father was an avid shooter in his younger years but "had to" abandon it due to my mother's distaste for firearms. Really a shame in hindsight as I think I would have enjoyed getting started before my 30's. Either way, I'm glad to be here and very excited about the possibilities!

Never to late to start Tballs - taking the first step into firearm ownership is always a good thing. Wishing you luck through the process. Glad to have you here.

Hi all
I found out about this site as it was mentioned on "The Shooting Wire". This looks like a great place to keep up with local issues and events. I would like to recommend HuntingNut.com to all of you as well. Very nice group of people there; very friendly and helpful, without so much bickering etc. that you find on the forums at AuctionArms.
I am out in the woods in Cheshire, on a small property surrounded by Wildlife Management Areas which border an almost endless string of State forests to the East. I have been shooting and hunting for 40 years, but reloading ammo for less than 10 years. I've been a member of GOAL for 1 year.

Hi all!

My name is Tony and in live in Springfield, MA. I'm 26 y/o and I moved up here three years ago and about 8 weeks or so i filed for my class A LTC. I got it within 5 weeks.

I have a brand new S&W Sigma 9mm, because I wasnt able to transfer my Glock 17 up here because it wasnt mass compliant.

Im looking for build up my personal armory and this looks like a great place to start.

I look forward to all the threads on here!

SALUD!

Hello 44marty and Tony,

Glad you both found your way to NES. Looks like you will both fit in just fine here.
Great group enjoy the site and see you in the discussions.

Greetings to all,
I'm Jeff Holt, president and one of the two founders of Appalachian Ammunition, Inc. here in Industry, ME.
My wife Nancy(co-founder) and I both enjoy a little country livin' up here along with some sports shooting, hunting and fishing.

We recently rolled out our own line of pistol ammo- New, remanufactured- and we can reload as well.
More product info can be had at: www.appalachianammo.com

Anyways, we are delighted to be here on the NES website and look forward meeting and making many new friends.
Look for us soon on the Dealer's pages and at some guns shows later this Summer and Fall.

Last edited:
Hi all!

My name is Tony and in live in Springfield, MA. I'm 26 y/o and I moved up here three years ago and about 8 weeks or so i filed for my class A LTC. I got it within 5 weeks.

I have a brand new S&W Sigma 9mm, because I wasnt able to transfer my Glock 17 up here because it wasnt mass compliant.

Welcome Tony and all the other newcomers.

Tony, you're going to HATE what I have to tell you, but you didn't need to sell your Glock 17. "Compliant" refers ONLY to what guns a DEALER can sell to the LTC-possessing public. If your Glock 17 was newer than September 13, 1994 and had high capacity mags, the ONLY thing you would have had to do is sell your mags and buy 10 round mags or pre-ban (pre 9/14/1994) magazines.

Read this thread: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/56054-MOVING-to-Massachusetts-Read-Here-First!

Welcome Tony and all the other newcomers.

Tony, you're going to HATE what I have to tell you, but you didn't need to sell your Glock 17. "Compliant" refers ONLY to what guns a DEALER can sell to the LTC-possessing public. If your Glock 17 was newer than September 13, 1994 and had high capacity mags, the ONLY thing you would have had to do is sell your mags and buy 10 round mags or pre-ban (pre 9/14/1994) magazines.

Read this thread: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/56054-MOVING-to-Massachusetts-Read-Here-First!

Did not want to rain on the parade any more then it has been for him coming to MA and all... lol
Don't worry though Tony you have found NES and the wealth of knowledge (which should always be verified lol)

Hello All,

My name is John and just registered on NES. Live in Malden and recently joined MVGC where I've been having a lot of fun.

I kept ending up at NES searching for various laws and regs and figured I should sign up. Lots of good info here.

I've been exposed to shooting from a young age, but haven't had the opportunity to practice until recently.

Welcome, John. Glad to have you with us.

Hello All,

My name is John and just registered on NES. Live in Malden and recently joined MVGC where I've been having a lot of fun.

I kept ending up at NES searching for various laws and regs and figured I should sign up. Lots of good info here.

I've been exposed to shooting from a young age, but haven't had the opportunity to practice until recently.

Hello all I'm Nate I live in Groton ma, and I'm applied for my ltc-a 4 weeks ago tomorrow
joined nes at the recommendation of the guys over at blue northern in ayer just looking to learn all that i can this site is super informative and has many friendly members

Back
Top Bottom