New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

I'm checking in and saying hi. Just joined and this is my first post. Don't know if I'm doing (posting) this right, but I 'm giving it a shot. I was doing a Google search and came upon this forum. I live on the North Shore (Peabody) and have been shooting within the Greater Boston Pistol League for the past 22 years shooting a Ruger MarkII Goverment model pistol. I shoot out of the Eastern Rifle & Revolver Club in Lynn. Anyone else on this forum shoot in the GBPL?

Hello Ruger MarkII Shooter,

Awesome to have another experienced shooter on the board here. Yes there are many members from your general area I am sure you will be surprised to find a familar name or face :)
Hope you enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us.

Good afternoon,

Just signed up yesetrday. Live in Newton, MA. I am in the process of filling out the app for LTC-A and should have this in by the end of the month. Do not have much experience with guns at this time but am looking to get more involved once I get the LTC. My cousin turned me onto this site and I have been reviewing the site and find it very helpful in filling out the app.
Look forward to getting involed with the discussions in the future.
Thanks.
cda1210

Hello Everyone,

I've only made two posts but I figure I will introduce myself. I just moved to New Hampshire and do marketing and sales for a defense industry distributor. I have always enjoyed firearms, and although I only have 4, I love reading on here about future options for the future. Great site.

Hello Cda1210 - thanks for supporting the site and becoming a member.

Hello 380jer - glad to have you here also.

Enjoy the site guys and jump in the discussions.

Howdy Folks,
I've already made a few posts but I figured I should introduce myself here.

Resident of Wakefield, MA. Waiting to get my LTC in the mail. I have some experience shooting with friends but I am still an egg in many ways.

I look forward to many informative discussions.

Hi All:

Found this site while looking for a place to sell a Deagle that's collecting dust in my safe. What a cool resource! I think I'll stick around and learn something.

Through great misfortune and cosmic retribution, I find myself living deep in the belly of the beast at the moment (temporary, I assure you). In fact, I live in that part of the Eastern Ma that's still in love with the AWB and currently, I feel like I'm committing a crime everytime I fart. Heck, I probably am...but I've said too much already.

Best,

MiM

Last edited:
Thanks for checking in LogicTrigger - hope to hear you receive your permit soon
Hello MaroonedinMA - we are all in the same boat, join the rest of us. No life preservers allowed - its for the fish you know.

I am new to the site. I just applied for my class A LTC a week ago. I have friends that go to my local sportsmens club in Gloucester MA and enjoy my time there. I wanted to get my liscense because I enjoy shooting and want to carry my own before the right is taken away. I'm sure I will be on here posting questions soon enough as I have spent the last week or so reading tons of great info here.

Kaiserworks checking in

I just found this site and can see its going to be a great resource!

About me, I'm a native Pennsylvanian now living on the left coast. I'm also an 07 FFL / SOT and started manufacturing gun parts around 2001. Currently wrenching together complete rifles (mostly .308's that I'm quite proud of) and will be using the forum section on gun laws to sell compliant guns in the northeast. Don't be afraid to yell at me and hold my hand in my endeavor as I feel the best way to fight the "anti's" is to get as many evil black rifles (preferably mine!) into the hands of law-abiding citizens as possible! Safety and political clout in numbers. I look forward to getting to know you all. -Greg

Last edited:
Hello - I'm a newbie here. I went to the class at Mass Firearms School in Framingham today (Weren't you the instructor helping out Mr McCormick? With all the black guns? I thought that was the name given but not sure if it was someone else). Anyway, I am a bit apprehensive about applying for my license to carry. I live in Woburn.

Hey oh people!
Finally got around to becoming green :) Been visiting the site for almost a year now, reading posts and checking out the classifieds (since most of the 'good' stuff I couldn't own cause I received an LTC-B). Just moved to NH and look forward to some more freedom.

-Regis

Good new LogicTrigger - glad to hear no restrictions :)
Let us know what you pick out

Welcome Scout123mh and Mr.Regis - glad to have you both on the forum. Thanks for becoming a member Mr.Regis you wont be disappointed.
Take the plunge Scout - if you need assistance for getting the license inquire with one of the fine firearms attorneys here on the board.

Newbie in New Hampshire

Checking in, saying "Hi".

After meeting so many great folks in person at an NES shoot, I figured it was time to register an account here.

Hello to all i am new this forum watched this forum during searching i just wants to say hello to all i am a gun lover actually great gun lover and knows all the gun shows that has been held and all others that are going to be held

I'm not getting anything special. It's just a Ruger 10/22 with a folding stock. I figured I'd get reaquainted with shooting on something easy. Still figuring out what to go for with a handgun, though.

Welcome.

Hope this is a pre-ban (9/13/1994) gun that was built as a "AW" PRIOR to that date, or that you are storing it outside MA. Possession of such a gun that doesn't meet the above is a felony in MA!!

hello all my name is dale been shooting guns of all types since i was 9. i moved to pittfield ma 4 years ago found a nice club to join Lee sportsmen club. one of the memebers i met wensday told me about your site so i came i saw i joined. very avide pistols shooter right now, i hope to be building my own m4 as soon as i get all the parts and start in rifle shoots again.

hello all my name is dale been shooting guns of all types since i was 9. i moved to pittfield ma 4 years ago found a nice club to join Lee sportsmen club. one of the memebers i met wensday told me about your site so i came i saw i joined. very avide pistols shooter right now, i hope to be building my own m4 as soon as i get all the parts and start in rifle shoots again.

Glad to have your hear Dale. Plenty of build talk here so search it out. Enjoy and be afe.

Welcome.

Hope this is a pre-ban (9/13/1994) gun that was built as a "AW" PRIOR to that date, or that you are storing it outside MA. Possession of such a gun that doesn't meet the above is a felony in MA!!

I ran the serial on the rifle and she was made sometime in 1987. Guess that means she is almost as old as I am. Since it's a pre-ban does that mean I can pop a forward pistol grip/bipod on it?

Welcome.

I ran the serial on the rifle and she was made sometime in 1987. Guess that means she is almost as old as I am. Since it's a pre-ban does that mean I can pop a forward pistol grip/bipod on it?

Not necessarily.

See above in red. It MUST have been equipped with "evil features" before 9/13/1994 (by anyone) in order to have the "pre-ban" designator. DOB of the frame is only part of the equation.

The above is per MGLs (and BATFE Fed Law prior to expiration of the original Fed Ban).

Howdy from a newbie to the forums.

I grew up in MA and learned my love of shooting from my old man, who is a green name hereabouts. Though I've since brought shame and disgrace to the family name by moving to California and becoming a lawyer, I get back to New England occasionally, and had the privilege of meeting a few of the regulars at a shoot that the old man brought me to. Even had the chance to try Fred's chili.

Hope you all don't mind me poking my nose in.

Back
Top Bottom