New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm new here. Moved to NH a year ago from North Carolina. Never owned a gun before and went out shooting with my father in law a few weeks ago. Loved it....was hooked immediately. Better still my wife wanted me to take on a hobby, so seems like shooting will be that hobby.

I'm originally from the UK (and you know how sucky their gun laws are), and am due to get US citizenship in June. So you can imagine what a culture shock "Live free or Die" actually is to me.

I'm off to buy my first gun in a couple of weeks. Doing things correctly though, signed up for an NRA course first.

Name's Matt BTW.

Great to have you Matt. I'm glad you guys were able to leave the overbearing clutches of the UK.

Hi,

I'm new here. Moved to NH a year ago from North Carolina. Never owned a gun before and went out shooting with my father in law a few weeks ago. Loved it....was hooked immediately. Better still my wife wanted me to take on a hobby, so seems like shooting will be that hobby.

I'm originally from the UK (and you know how sucky their gun laws are), and am due to get US citizenship in June. So you can imagine what a culture shock "Live free or Die" actually is to me.

I'm off to buy my first gun in a couple of weeks. Doing things correctly though, signed up for an NRA course first.

Name's Matt BTW.

Holy Mary Mother of God! An alien seeking US citizenship by the legal methods set forth by our Nation. God bless you and welcome to the US of A!

Thank you all for your welcome.

Yes, I'm here 100% legally and can't wait for the naturalization certificate. It was a lot of work and time; but it can be done. And you're damned right -- it does piss me off having all these "illegals" who want to jump the line.

Holy Mary Mother of God! An alien seeking US citizenship by the legal methods set forth by our Nation. God bless you and welcome to the US of A!

+1 Welcome to the forum, and welcome to the USA. We'll be proud to have you as one of us!

flagwave.gif

I'm off to buy my first gun in a couple of weeks.
Matt, I know you're still new here, and I don't want to seem like we're trying to $queeze you for $$, but if you become a paid member, you'd be able to attend the NES Shoot this month... where you can try out a LOT of different guns. This might help you figure out what you want to buy...

No pre$$ure; it's just that membership has it's privileges. [smile] Like the guided tour of Smith & Wesson that we went on last week, for example.

Info on the shoot is in the Members Forum.

Hi there...new guy from Central Mass

Hello everyone

My name is Martin and I live in South Central Mass. I am currently in the process of going for my LTC. I got the Firearm Safety cert from Smith & Wesson last week and scheduled an appointment with the local police department for the 17th of this month.

I've been shooting for a couple of years now with the help of my buddy who is a sheriff's deputy. He lets me try out some of his "arsenal" [smile]

Yeah...I am hooked!

Hello, My name is Keith, live in Leominster,MA.
I'm 51, and finally getting my interest in revolvers started. I'm still doing some internet searching for where to take the necessary safety class, have almost settled on GOAL in Northboro, MA. It's the two letters for personal character that are going to give me alittle trouble as most of my friends have moved away many years ago, or worse.
Other interests include orchids and astronomy.
Look forward to learning more each day from all here at NortheastShooters.

Welcome to NES, Keith! Choosing GOAL for your safety class is an excellent idea. Not only will you have very knowledgeable instructors, but also, a portion of the fee for the class is used to sign you up for a GOAL membership. We need all the support we can get here in MA, and supporting GOAL is one of the best ways.

Hi Folks,

Great to see that there is a website like this.

Last edited:
Hello all - Here in Eastern MA. Received my LTC last Friday and bought an M&P 40 on Saturday - Now all I have to do is wait until the next members meeting at a local club to be able to shoot it.. arghhh!... I should have planned that better! - Glad be here though and glad to now be able to defend myself and my family

Hello, My name is Keith, live in Leominster,MA.
I'm 51, and finally getting my interest in revolvers started. I'm still doing some internet searching for where to take the necessary safety class, have almost settled on GOAL in Northboro, MA. It's the two letters for personal character that are going to give me alittle trouble as most of my friends have moved away many years ago, or worse.
Other interests include orchids and astronomy.
Look forward to learning more each day from all here at NortheastShooters.

Welcome! I had my class through GOAL and it was a terrific class!

Astronomy? You a member of NSAAC? Join that too if you're not.

Hi to all on the forum! I've been lurking for a few months, very informative and fun place! I just paid for my NES membership, figured I got free S&W bag, thanks to this forum, already. I am in Metrowest, LTC-A.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom