New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings from The Valhalla Training Center.

I was invited to check the site out by one of your members and have been scrolling through some of the topics in Training, etc....

I don't spend a lot of time on the forums, but if anyone has any specific questions about Valhalla, Combat Focus Shooting or other aspects or our programs, feel free to start a thread and/or PM/email me.

-Rob Pincus
[email protected]

Hello Rob and welcome- glad to know your browsing - appreciate the invite for questions we always have many about everything.

Greetings from the White Mountains!

Hello all!

Just popping in as a newbie to say hello from North of the Notch.

Little bit about me ... first experience with a firearm was way back when, Dad's .22 pistol (and plenty of pellet/bb shooting, of course), plus a few shots from his shotgun (thing knocked me flat on my backside with my first shot). I've been doing lots of reading and research and I'll be making some purchases of my own soon. Currently all I have are some super soakers, but man it's a veritable aquatic arsenal, let me tell ya ... [grin]

I love American history, I'm unabashedly patriotic, and fiercely protective of the individual liberty that many of the "ruling class" seem hell-bent on stripping away from all of us day after day. Don't mess with my rights.

As for my ballistically-inclined palate ... I like bolt action, a strong kick in the shoulder, and cheap ammo. I've applied for an FFL as I'm deciding on a nice hearty rifle and I want something loud, old, and ugly that hits hard and spews fire with each pull. M44 fits the bill, though I'm leaning towards a Mauser K98 in spite of the higher tag.

I was going to go with a pistol first, but quite honestly the options are dizzying. I'm going to wait on that one though I'm leaning toward a nice Kimber .40 S&W.

I'm close to Alder Brook between Whitefield and Littleton - if anyone's up in this area give me a shout if you'd be willing to have some company that's eager to learn from the more experienced shooters.

Thanks and see you all around here!

Welcome DamnVarmint. I've been to Littleton long ago, met a girl there named Tammy (you might even know her, it's a small town) -- her entire family did nothing but talk about Elvis my entire visit, and I also saw Franconia Notch for the first time. Brings back memories...

Greetings from The Valhalla Training Center.
Rob, welcome. I'll be sending you a PM - wondering if we're related. I have Pincus's in my family tree... as far back as the Civil War
I'm close to Alder Brook between Whitefield and Littleton - if anyone's up in this area give me a shout if you'd be willing to have some company that's eager to learn from the more experienced shooters.
Welcome, DamnVarmint! (may be the first time I've ever welcomed a varmint... [wink]) You live in a beautiful area; I was up there in Gorham a couple of months ago for a Masonic Lodge function.

New to the forum.
I just wanted to say hi from Springfield.
I learned about the Northeastshooters forum this weekend at GOAL while taking one of the most intense training programs I have ever gone through. One of my fellow students at the Basic Pistol - Home Firearm Safety instructor training this weekend did a presentation about this forum. (EddieCoyle)
It looks to be even better then the presentation could have shown.
Thanks for the exposure.
John

New to the forum.
I learned about the Northeastshooters forum this weekend at GOAL while taking one of the most intense training programs I have ever gone through. One of my fellow students at the Basic Pistol - Home Firearm Safety instructor training this weekend did a presentation about this forum. (EddieCoyle)
Thanks for the exposure.
John

Welcome John!

Hi All!

I've been lurking since just prior to my application for an LTC, and I have to say this forum is great! Lot's of info, and it seems to be filled with some really great people.

Today I received my LTC A with no restrictions. I live in Milford where it seems to be pretty gun friendly. Hopefully it stays that way :)

I ended up getting into the firearm world when my friend dragged me to the range one day (i've fired them before when I lived in NH, and was much younger). That was all I needed to start another very expensive hobby :)

As far as my firearms experience goes, I'm pretty new to handguns. Rifles I used to fire along with shotguns. Although I can't wait to get my first handgun!

Well enough about me. Thanks for the chance to join, and the chance to gain all the incredible knowledge from the people who make this board what it is!

jrbtzx12r

Another Noob to the forum. Located in California. Shot comp skeet and high power growing up, now getting into handguns.
Currently own FN 5.7 and FNP9 love them both. [smile]

New to the forum.
Thanks for the exposure.
John

Howdy John

Welcome aboard.

I have been lurking here mostly instead of the S&W Forum, great bunch of folks here, you will enjoy it here.

John a great guy folks, helped me out one night with my J-Frame and is going to do work on my 1911 and M&P.

Welcome again.

David

Hi my name is Greg and I live in Gloucester, MA. I've been shooting pretty much since my arm was long enough to reach the trigger, however I've only become passionate about shooting since I got my first handgun in 2004. I recently took GOAL's intro to IDPA course and now I'm hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom