New folks check in and say HI #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll post :)

Was a MA resident for the last 30 years or so, got a LTC-A (restricted to "Protection of Person and Property" go figure what THAT meant) in 2003, moved to ME last May, but I still work, travel and have family in MA.

While I really enjoy gun freedom up here, naturally being in MA so much all the legislation affects me a lot. I have a resident ME CCW, nonresident NH CCW, and nonresident MA LTC-A. Currently working on a RI nonresident CCW.

My range is the Massachusetts Rifle Association, I'm there every couple of weeks or so. My Dad is a member at the Harvard sportsman's club, and my brother is considering joining there too, so I might be there a lot more this summer. :)

I'm noticing that ME doesn't have much of a presence here on this board, does it not count as northeast? Just curious.

-James

jamz said:
I guess I'll post :)

Was a MA resident for the last 30 years or so, got a LTC-A (restricted to "Protection of Person and Property" go figure what THAT meant) in 2003, moved to ME last May, but I still work, travel and have family in MA.

While I really enjoy gun freedom up here, naturally being in MA so much all the legislation affects me a lot. I have a resident ME CCW, nonresident NH CCW, and nonresident MA LTC-A. Currently working on a RI nonresident CCW.

My range is the Massachusetts Rifle Association, I'm there every couple of weeks or so. My Dad is a member at the Harvard sportsman's club, and my brother is considering joining there too, so I might be there a lot more this summer. :)

I'm noticing that ME doesn't have much of a presence here on this board, does it not count as northeast? Just curious.

-James
Yes, Maine counts as the northeast, I'm actually surprised there aren't more Mainiacs here, too. I'm married to one, but I dragged him down here kicking and screaming to live on the south shore for awhile - we'll be up there fulltime someday. Now remember, it isn't Northern Massachusetts anymore, don't try to Massify it the way lots of the other Ma**h*** escapees are trying to! [shocked]

Joking, I'm sure you're not like all the rest [laugh2]

James,

Welcome to the forum and we hope you enjoy it here!

Everyone from ME who believes in RKBA is welcome here, just talk NES up amongst your friends/neighbors/co-workers!

The only reason that more from ME aren't already here is that they don't know that we're all here from them.

The adversarial environment of MA does mean that more of us here in MA will get involved to ask questions and commiserate about our terrible lot in legislative life. But all are welcome from free or freer states!

Hi All.

New to the forum thanks to my neighbor centermass181. I'm in Wayland, relatively new to the sport, and looking forward to meeting new friends to shoot with, and getting more involved with the sport here in MA.

-Michael

Last edited:
Thanks all. It's similar to a phenomenon I've noticed regarding RKBA activity and state freedoms: It's inversely proportional, at least in new england.

ME= almost no gun groups, NRA centers, etc. NH = a few. MA = tons and tons.

Kinda makes you think, eh? One thing the internet does is become a general sounding board for the public. maybe finally people will realize what the public actually wants RKBA wise. :)

when I found out my neighbor was a shooter, I hugged him. Not in a Greg/Brent/Brokeback kinda way, very manly. Then we tied in the range cards, and FPLs. I changed mine, his living room dead space I had covered by Plunging Fire.

Welcome to the site.

Hi

Hello, I found this place through google I think, may have been a link on another forum while trying to figure out MA law. I'm out in the wilds of western MA.

plunging fire is how you cover dead space with a machine gun. You raise the barrel and use it like an indirect fire weapon, so the beaten zone is covering the dead space on your range card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom