new bills in Mass

I would hope we can learn to withhold some of the more sensitive info for posters who have some posts under their belts. While it is always nice to be helpful, there have been a ton of low post count threads of questionable intent lately. Telling noobs "You can get whatever you want just"....

May bite us in the ass.

Do we have any friends in the Legislature who can introduce legislation that we can get behind? It seems as we are always on defense. We need to go on offense and let the communists react to us for a change.

Do we have any friends in the Legislature who can introduce legislation that we can get behind? It seems as we are always on defense. We need to go on offense and let the communists react to us for a change.
Yes, GOAL does every year.

"Offense" is relative. With what is essentially a 5-to-1 liberal majority in the legislature and a collaborator as governor, you need to temper your expectations.

HD916, An Act to close the large capacity magazine loophole
Under current Massachusetts law, the sale, offering for sale, transfer, or possession of a large capacity feeding device is prohibited, unless such a device was lawfully possessed on or before September 13, 1994. This law, however, is not enforceable, as there is no way to distinguish between a pre-1994 large capacity feeding device and a post-1994 large capacity feeding device.
This legislation would require anyone in the possession of a large capacity feeding device to register such device with the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security (EOPSS).

I'm sure this will pass.

The people will now comply, however.

There are tens of millions of magazines in Massachusetts. It is unreasonable to expect all of them to be registered. They don't even have serial numbers.

I wonder if this bill would still allow preban mags to be obtained as long as they are subsequently registered or it would be like in Connecticut where they gave a window of time for people to register and then closed the registry forever. Of course some clever people people in CT just registered dozens of mags that they didn't even really own yet so they could obtain more in the future. Either way it's infringement plain and simple.

Did this many times. Call their office and make an appointment. Your rep and senator are easy, you are a constituent. Committee member are harder but worth a try. If there aren't either of these, you won't be seeing them in person.

You will be asked what it's about, be tactful. "there are a number of Bills I'd like to discuss" if pushed for the actual bill mix in some less controversial. If you go full retard on gun bills, expect push back. Once in the meeting you have focus on the bills most important to you, and if you run out of time so be it.

Meet Reps at their district offices, and senators at the state house. Do not agree to a 3rd location or to have a group meeting with others. Spilka want to do a group meeting with a few other constituents and a local restaurant. But this is really a way of diluting your time and putting you in a position where others, not you senator, will argue against you.

I had more than a few great conversations with Chris Walsh and was making good progress. I do not believe he would have supported these new bills. When I first spoke to him about Maura's, then resent BS, he confided that he considered her a friend and expected that she would back down. Later when she didn't and I brought it up, he was clearly disappointed and was more open to my arguments about gov overreach. Unfortunately cancer cut his life short and ended my efforts.

My point is, ya I had a point, you can't argue your way into changing a lib's attitude by going on about 2a and providing copies of the Federalist Papers and arguing that they made everything clear (ya Chris told me about a constituent that did this, not his name). You need to point out facts and do it in terms that will get through to them. And you need to build the relationship.

I met with Timilty at Applebees along with Len 2A and not only did Timilty pay for the food but he was very good and listened to what we had to discuss. I got him to file a bill for me on C&R guns being exempted from the lists, it passed but the Dems put it off until 2021. He tried to get it changed to current but didn't get it done before he left the Senate. I actually had a couple meeting with him. He was a good guy.

What about Bill SD2267.

Chapter 94C of the General Laws shall be amended by adding the following new 2 section:- 3 Section 32O. Whoever is found guilty for trafficking substances under section 32E 4 paragraphs (c) or (c1/2) of this chapter and is concurrently or separately found guilty of any of 5 sections 10E, 10I, 10J, or 10K of chapter 269 regarding the trafficking or theft of firearms, rifles, 6 shotguns or machine guns
shall be punished by a term of up to life imprisonment in the state 7 prison, that said sentence may include a fine of not more than $500,000. A prosecution 8 commenced under this section shall not be placed on file or continued without a finding. A 9 person convicted of violating this section shall not be eligible for furlough, work release, 10 temporary release or receive any deduction from his sentence for good conduct under sections 11 129C or 129D of chapter 127

Reading this it would not be out of the question for someone to fall into this without meaning to if you don’t do due diligence

Then there's this one SD109, now truth be told I am pro-choice but this bill sets the stage where it doesnt have to be just a danger to the mothers health or the fetus is seriously deformed and not likely to survive. No they stuck this clause in there

Medical judgment may be 31 exercised in the light of all factors—physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the 32 person’s age—relevant to the well-being of the patient.

So if your mad you got pregnant, upset, your family is pissed off, looks like that is a go ahead for an abortion. Also not Mass is extending the term like NY up to the time of birth. Also in this bill they REMOVE the condition that a minor would have to get consent of the parents or even notify them. This society seems to be going backwards. We want to do away with the death penalty for gruesome murderers but we are ok with this. One would think a condom would surely go a long way to stop this...

Then there's this one SD109, now truth be told I am pro-choice but this bill sets the stage where it doesnt have to be just a danger to the mothers health or the fetus is seriously deformed and not likely to survive. No they stuck this clause in there

Medical judgment may be 31 exercised in the light of all factors—physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the 32 person’s age—relevant to the well-being of the patient.

So if your mad you got pregnant, upset, your family is pissed off, looks like that is a go ahead for an abortion. Also not Mass is extending the term like NY up to the time of birth. Also in this bill they REMOVE the condition that a minor would have to get consent of the parents or even notify them. This society seems to be going backwards. We want to do away with the death penalty for gruesome murderers but we are ok with this. One would think a condom would surely go a long way to stop this...
Can you provide a link? That is terrible. Why are liberals pro infanticide?

If only there was this way to search for such things on the internet. Some kind of website. You could even use the name of the website for the searching phrase...They could call it Goodle or Gooble or something like that...

Bill SD.109

SECTION 1. Chapter 112 of the General Laws is hereby amended by striking out section 12K, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, and inserting in place thereof the following section:

Section 12K. As used in section twelve L to section twelve U, inclusive, the following words shall have the following meanings:

Abortion, any medical treatment intended to induce the termination of a clinically diagnosable pregnancy except for the purpose of producing a live birth. The term abortion does not include miscarriage management.

Hospital, a hospital as defined in section fifty-two of chapter one hundred and eleven of the General Laws, and duly licensed under the provisions of section fifty-one of chapter one hundred and eleven of the General Laws.

Physician, an individual lawfully authorized to practice medicine within the Commonwealth.

Pregnancy, means the presence of an implanted human embryo or fetus within a person’s uterus.

SECTION 2. Said Chapter 112 of the General Laws is hereby further amended by striking out Sections 12L through 12U, inclusive, as so appearing, and inserting in place thereof the following sections:

Section 12L. The Commonwealth shall not interfere with a person’s personal decision and ability to prevent, commence, terminate, or continue their own pregnancy consistent with this chapter. The Commonwealth shall not restrict the use of medically appropriate methods of abortion or the manner in which medically appropriate abortion is provided.

Section 12M. A physician, acting within their lawful scope of practice, may perform an abortion when, according to the physician’s best medical judgment, the patient is within twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, as defined in section 12K of this chapter. A physician, acting within their lawful scope of practice, may perform an abortion when, according to the physician’s best medical judgment based on the facts of the patient’s case, the patient is beyond twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy and the abortion is necessary to protect the patient’s life or physical or mental health, or in cases of lethal fetal anomalies, or where the fetus is incompatible with sustained life outside the uterus. Medical judgment may be exercised in the light of all factors—physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the person’s age—relevant to the well-being of the patient.

12N. Prior to performing an abortion, a physician shall obtain the pregnant patient’s written informed consent on a form prescribed by the Commissioner of Public Health. A pregnant person seeking an abortion shall sign the consent form before the abortion is performed, except in an emergency requiring immediate action. The consent form and any other forms shall be confidential and may not be released to any person other than to the pregnant person to whom such documents relate or the operating physician, except by the pregnant patient’s written consent; provided, however, that this requirement shall not impose any waiting period between the signing of the consent form and the performance of the abortion.

12O. The department of public health shall have the authority to require aggregate reports regarding induced termination of pregnancy pursuant to sections twenty-four A and twenty-five A of chapter one hundred and eleven.

SECTION 3. Section 12F of Chapter 112 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 20, the words “abortion or”.

SECTION 4. Section 10E of Chapter 118E of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby amended by striking out, in lines 17 to 19, inclusive, clause (i) and inserting in place thereof the following clause:-

(i) all medically necessary care relative to pregnancy, including but not limited to abortion, care to maintain health during the course of the pregnancy and delivery, and newborn hospital care;

I have no idea. My brother sent it to me and he’s big on pro choice but even he said the crap was getting crazy. I just don’t know why Abortion, raising my taxes, and then telling me I’m bad because I’m male is the Democrats focus. Wtf. I’m ready to head to my cabin in the woods of Maine much sooner than planned and for permanent.

Yes, GOAL does every year.

"Offense" is relative. With what is essentially a 5-to-1 liberal majority in the legislature and a collaborator as governor, you need to temper your expectations.

How about the chairman of the Public Safety Committee, who was allegedly our friend, who would get up and leave at the start of every hearing, and then come back at the end? Never once did he stand up for us to all the other reps and senators.

Back
Top Bottom