new bills in Mass

Just call or email. They’ll meet with you if you request that.

This, just give them a call and schedule a FTF. Also watch their social media for when they are in the district, at the local library or what have you, that's a great time to go meet up.

Christ what a sh** show. I have a question in case GOAL is reading this. How can I as an ordinary person get time in front of my senator/rep to talk about these issues? I mean the legislature must have some pecking order for this nonsense? This is a solid California style gunpocalypse.

Did this many times. Call their office and make an appointment. Your rep and senator are easy, you are a constituent. Committee member are harder but worth a try. If there aren't either of these, you won't be seeing them in person.

You will be asked what it's about, be tactful. "there are a number of Bills I'd like to discuss" if pushed for the actual bill mix in some less controversial. If you go full retard on gun bills, expect push back. Once in the meeting you have focus on the bills most important to you, and if you run out of time so be it.

Meet Reps at their district offices, and senators at the state house. Do not agree to a 3rd location or to have a group meeting with others. Spilka want to do a group meeting with a few other constituents and a local restaurant. But this is really a way of diluting your time and putting you in a position where others, not you senator, will argue against you.

I had more than a few great conversations with Chris Walsh and was making good progress. I do not believe he would have supported these new bills. When I first spoke to him about Maura's, then resent BS, he confided that he considered her a friend and expected that she would back down. Later when she didn't and I brought it up, he was clearly disappointed and was more open to my arguments about gov overreach. Unfortunately cancer cut his life short and ended my efforts.

My point is, ya I had a point, you can't argue your way into changing a lib's attitude by going on about 2a and providing copies of the Federalist Papers and arguing that they made everything clear (ya Chris told me about a constituent that did this, not his name). You need to point out facts and do it in terms that will get through to them. And you need to build the relationship.

Absolute madness what these muppets are doing year after year. So they make us register large capacity mags but what it will do is enlarge the capacity of said mags in so many hands before any kind of “registration” happens.

Who in the world would comply with this?

This began with all the morons that said. Bumpstocks are stupid, go ahead and ban em. Just one domino.

I dunno, we've been circling the bowl for a long time...

Screen-Shot-2016-11-18-at-12.02.01-PM.png

Ask me about my Boating Accident!

What’s GOALS take on all these? We need to be proactive in this crap and not wait until the last minute to send out a note “Evwryone needs to come into town and hold a sign or sit in the auditorium “. Need an organization that’s proactive with these people bringing up these crazy Bills.

I love the one that increase penalties for illegal sale and possession. Because actual criminals always get prosecuted for these things. [rolleyes]

And yes, let's just force people to register items that aren't even serialized because the someone is too stupid and lazy to google how to tell a pre-ban USGI mag from a 3rd gen pmag or a Gen 5 Glock mag from a pre-ban u-notch.

Doesn’t the micro stamp bill kill off reloading as well? Also how the fck is shooting 50’rounds help anyone getting their license. When I got mine I had a reed rider BB gun and an ol 22 lr. Do I need to shoot 50’rds in every Pump, Semi and Break barrel shotgun then every revolver , semi auto pistol and then every Bolt action Level, semi etc rifle. The people who create these bills drive me insane. The Insurance goal is to make it unaffordable for the avg person, period. Tell me what damn incident in Mass would have been prevented with insurance....waiting. You can tell these bills are getting under my skin and again I think the local pegs I give money to should have been ahead of the curve here. Christ registering your magazines? Now there’s a magazine loophole?? Ok rant over. Coffee injection starting

I love the one that increase penalties for illegal sale and possession. Because actual criminals always get prosecuted for these things. [rolleyes]

And yes, let's just force people to register items that aren't even serialized because the someone is too stupid and lazy to google how to tell a pre-ban USGI mag from a 3rd gen pmag or a Gen 5 Glock mag from a pre-ban u-notch.
Exactly!!! How about actually prosecute someone for illegal possession. Every shitbum dealer they arrest pleas out of the mandatory sentence, guess it’s not manadatory. My guess on the mags they will want to add some sort of number to them, just dumb dumb dumb

Time for another boating accident, I guess.
Why???? These retards can’t breath and chew gum at the same time. Have some stuff laying around that u can part with “IF” they come and hide the rest. There are plenty of ways of hiding stuff. That’s assuming they remember to have enough fuel for there vehicles to hit every gun owners home in the state.

What’s GOALS take on all these? We need to be proactive in this crap and not wait until the last minute to send out a note “Evwryone needs to come into town and hold a sign or sit in the auditorium “. Need an organization that’s proactive with these people bringing up these crazy Bills.
GOAL will get info out on these soon, after the language is finalized and they are assigned to committee. Should be mid-February or so at the latest.

So will these all pass with ease? What would be the timeline for this for those that are keen on the political process (which I am not)?

The urbanites see us in our nice quiet green towns and want to uproot all of it by making us like Boston. I am so glad I already had my interview for my LTC talk about cutting it close damn.

Yup I was rather recent as well!
The urbanites see us in our nice quiet green towns and want to uproot all of it by making us like Boston. I am so glad I already had my interview for my LTC talk about cutting it close damn.

So will these all pass with ease? What would be the timeline for this for those that are keen on the political process (which I am not)?
Probably not.

These same bills are filed year after year by the same people to pander to their base, and year after year they die in committee.

One of the great things about GOAL is that we have a lobbyist that regularly meets with legislators, and who gets information first-hand rather than relying only on the state house news service. If something appears to be getting traction, we'll get the word out. Until then, it doesn't make sense to create publicity for something that'll never see the light of day.

HD836, An Act relative to universal background checks for private gun sales

Obviously not submitted by someone familiar with the Commonwealth's licensing system, the E-FA10 portal, etc.

MA already HAS universal background checks. In order to transfer the gun, both the buyer and seller must have a license, and need to submit the transaction via the portal, which checks that their licenses are both currently valid. The licenses wouldn't BE valid unless the individuals passed the background checks.

HD836, An Act relative to universal background checks for private gun sales

Obviously not submitted by someone familiar with the Commonwealth's licensing system, the E-FA10 portal, etc.

MA already HAS universal background checks. In order to transfer the gun, both the buyer and seller must have a license, and need to submit the transaction via the portal, which checks that their licenses are both currently valid. The licenses wouldn't BE valid unless the individuals passed the background checks.
The proponents' point (which is really, really stupid) is that someone with an LTC could, say, be convicted of an out of state crime and become a PP without their local police finding out, and thus fail NICS despite a valid LTC.

It's particularly stupid because a person in that scenario, in the middle of their LTC license period, probably would already have guns. It's not like someone would get their LTC, wait a few years and get convicted of an out of state crime, then try to buy their first gun. And if they already have guns, denying the purchase of one more is pretty pointless. What they really need to deal with that scenario is some sort of notification system that monitors the NICS status of everyone with an active LTC and tells the local PD when their status changes so they can revoke.

Back
Top Bottom