New Acquisitions September

ff9b6d2684feaba5dbbe4827cdc241e9.jpg

On 9/4 we all gained another 2A supporter.
Yes, her mother already has her LTC.. I can't comment on the nurse. I didn't think it was the appropriate time to ask ;-)

Congrats! First one? Boy or girl? I plan to get my two boys shooting .22 rifles when they're old enough. Can't count on kids support til they're out of college though, those places brainwash kids. I was fairly liberal in college.

Congrats! First one? Boy or girl? I plan to get my two boys shooting .22 rifles when they're old enough. Can't count on kids support til they're out of college though, those places brainwash kids. I was fairly liberal in college.
Thank you! This is my 3rd, but our first together. It's a girl, her name is Olivia. I have a son and daughter from my first marriage. My son is 8 (daughter 5) and he has shot some 22's with me, but the 10/22 is too big for him.. I think Santa will bring him a youth sized 22 this year. I'll probably start a thread on that in a month or so if I don't find one that is already started.

Last edited:
Same here, Shield 9 for most edc and M&P 45c for non t-shirt carry. I thought that was a 45c in your photo since it had front and back slide serrations.

yes youre right it is a 45c, I just got it was just saying im used to carrying something smaller. I plan in doing the same as you the 45c when clothing allows

Did they redesign the magazines on this model? The 10 round mags I have are the flat squared foot plate like I see on yours and the high caps had a rounded foot plate.

Good eye, I live in Vermont but still occasionally return to a house I own in Massachusetts so I picked up 3 10 round mags. The 15s have a much bigger base and the are rounded. I thought the pistol looked better with the 10 in, I'm like that. The 15 extends the grip probably another 1/3 of an inch.

To the other questions, the trigger pull is really pretty smooth for something designed as a battle pistol. The single action trigger is as good or better than any out of the box trigger I recall on a newer gun. Its really heavy loaded with 16 rounds, I hiked Mt Mansfield today and about half way up I took it off my belt and put it in my pack lol. The case is not custom, it comes with the gun that way.

I ordered the trijicon optic for it too.

Last edited:
So I go to Connecticut for my birthday - start talking firearms with my brother and how disappointed I am at how short the shotgun season is here in the Northeast. I jokingly say - if I could convince my wife to let me get a muzzleloader [like that would happen], I'd get way more than just 2 measly weeks to hunt shotgun. My brother pipes up - you want one? I got one? Sure! What an awesome addition to the collection! Thanks Bro!!

Thompson Center 50 Cal. Renegade - from around 1992. Nice!

IMG_0207.jpg IMG_0211.jpg

So I go to Connecticut for my birthday - start talking firearms with my brother and how disappointed I am at how short the shotgun season is here in the Northeast. I jokingly say - if I could convince my wife to let me get a muzzleloader [like that would happen], I'd get way more than just 2 measly weeks to hunt shotgun. My brother pipes up - you want one? I got one? Sure! What an awesome addition to the collection! Thanks Bro!!

Thompson Center 50 Cal. Renegade - from around 1992. Nice!

View attachment 114284View attachment 114285
Nice rifle. Nicer brother.

Very not firearms related, but my freddy part 4 sculpted silicone mask came. We'll be out in salem, ****ing with the tourists as usual.

EOqcxex.jpg

24cxog1.jpg

Open bolt Mk46 Mod1. Railed top cover is coming so I can use an optic (ACOG is sitting here, waiting patiently). One 200rd belt did this to a virgin N6 can:

21b99nq.jpg

Video of that belt being run:

I didn't catch it at the end in the video but the end cap had a small flame going as it was on fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my son his 2nd firearm. Started his collection out with a Winchester 9422 and just added this Winchester 9410. He is only 2, but im sure he'll appreciate it in the next couple years (plus it gives me plenty of time to test them out!). [grin]

24cxog1.jpg

Open bolt Mk46 Mod1. Railed top cover is coming so I can use an optic (ACOG is sitting here, waiting patiently). One 200rd belt did this to a virgin N6 can:

21b99nq.jpg

Video of that belt being run:

I didn't catch it at the end in the video but the end cap had a small flame going as it was on fire.

you win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have an AR yet (I know, I know....), but couldn't resist when those 3 came up at a buy-know price incl. shipping of $14.80 for all of them. Description says "Kay Industries" and at least 2 of them seem to have a green follower. Are they any good?

You sure that isn't "Okay Industries"?

Looks like they all have GI style followers. I put Magpul self-leveling followers in all my AR mags and it did away with any failure to feed issues I had with my AR. (Those happened once in every 6 mags or so when I first bought the gun. None since replacing all the followers.)

Last edited:
Picked up an FMK g2 9c 9mm IMG_3094.jpg
had crappy reviews for the 1st gen but this little shooter is pretty nice. Feels good and functions well. No jams not misfires no ftf fte all good so far..
Next up is a GA precision Rock or M40A1 can't decide yet..

Don't have an AR yet (I know, I know....), but couldn't resist when those 3 came up at a buy-know price incl. shipping of $14.80 for all of them. Description says "Kay Industries" and at least 2 of them seem to have a green follower. Are they any good?

Okay Industries. Been around for a long time making USGI mags. They are perfectly fine, I have a bunch of pre-ban mags made by them.

Auction text says "Kay". I'll have a close look at the markings once I receive them.
Some weeks ago I've got three 30-rd G.I. plus two Colt marked 20-rd G.I. mags for free so I should be GTG when I finally get an AR.

Toss some mag pull followers and new springs in .
I've been told the 20's followers are fine... Never had a problem with the 2 beat up 20's I have .

Auction text says "Kay". I'll have a close look at the markings once I receive them.
Some weeks ago I've got three 30-rd G.I. plus two Colt marked 20-rd G.I. mags for free so I should be GTG when I finally get an AR.
what is the date on the Mags? I cant read it well, do they say 03

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom