• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions September

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Time to start a new month. I got this for my birthday (today) so here it is: a Windham Weaponry VRX-SS in .223/5.56mm (lightly used).

IMG_0528_zpscec29a40.jpg

My 17yo son and I took it to the range today and these are the first 10 rounds downrange. Mine are the five just below the black target. His are the five in it. Damn he is getting good! Only 50 yards and using Federal XM-193 but this was our first outing and I wanted to make sure we were on paper.

IMG_0529_zpscfa18ed8.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
My birthday as well today. To mark my half century, I bought myself a NEW Ruger SR9c. After about 50 rounds of Blazer brass, I got 3 FTE's. Then the extractor just broke in half. That's just not acceptable.
I will be on the phone with Ruger tomorrow.

My beautiful wife bought me an SR1911.
Very nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 124
Yikes. Ive had mine around 2 years or so and not sure I recall any malfunctions. I shoot quite a bit of Blazer brass also. Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully Ruger makes good.

View attachment 113071View attachment 113070 View attachment 113072
My birthday as well today. To mark my half century, I bought myself a NEW Ruger SR9c. After about 50 rounds of Blazer brass, I got 3 FTE's. Then the extractor just broke in half. That's just not acceptable.
I will be on the phone with Ruger tomorrow.

My beautiful wife bought me an SR1911.
Very nice.

wow that sucks bad. They will be 100% ready to help u . Ruger has been very good to everybody it seems. Keep us posted. My SR9c has been super reliable and actually may be selling it ....

wow that sucks bad. They will be 100% ready to help u . Ruger has been very good to everybody it seems. Keep us posted. My SR9c has been super reliable and actually may be selling it ....
Ruger customer service person was really nice. When explaining the shipping procedure she said to put it in a box that did not identify what is inside. I suggested "if I put an Obama/Biden sticker on it, they'll Never guess. She got a good laugh out of that but didn't fancy my chances of having it serviced well. Again, she was really nice.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread of sweet new stuff for September.

Did I mention that my wife bought me a(n?) SR1911?
They are both beautiful.

On friday I'll be getting some new hardware.

The orthopedist says she'll put about 5-6 shiny new screws in my right ankle to get the Tibia and Talus to fuse. [thinking]

A. Looking forward to a reduction the pain I have suffered every day for over a year.
B. NOT looking forward to 8-12 weeks non-weight bearing on the right leg........................... [crying]

Nice gun, nice targets. I'm sure it's coincidence that the targets look so much like silhouette targets. :)

Just don't try to use the Mosin bolt in the AR.

Time to start a new month. I got this for my birthday (today) so here it is: a Windham Weaponry VRX-SS in .223/5.56mm (lightly used).

IMG_0528_zpscec29a40.jpg

My 17yo son and I took it to the range today and these are the first 10 rounds downrange. Mine are the five just below the black target. His are the five in it. Damn he is getting good! Only 50 yards and using Federal XM-193 but this was our first outing and I wanted to make sure we were on paper.

IMG_0529_zpscfa18ed8.jpg

Nice gun, nice targets. I'm sure it's coincidence that the targets look so much like silhouette targets. :)

Just don't try to use the Mosin bolt in the AR.

We DO use the Mosin bolt. For it's intended business. I forgot to bring the camera that day but that was on paper also.

As a 12th year anniversary gift Mrs Wicked1911 told me to buy myself a new gun, so I picked up a "new to me" Glock 17 from another NESer today. It's my first glock and I can't wait to take it to the range. Added an NDZ punisher slide plate as soon as I got home :) ....I guess the 12th year is Polymer [smile]

BDEC0D7B-orig_zpsed04e5d4.jpg

DDBF846C-orig_zps5bc88bc5.jpg

8ECD7FD0-orig_zps0f0172c6.jpg

8A9C1F28-orig_zpsa4b47591.jpg

85909AC8-orig_zpsec36c335.jpg

Last edited:
We DO use the Mosin bolt. For it's intended business. I forgot to bring the camera that day but that was on paper also.

I like shooting my 91/59. It's reasonably accurate and puts out an impressive 3 foot flame from the muzzle. If nothing else, I figure I could incinerate my target.

Nice. I hope you like it a lot. I have one just like it and enjoy it greatly.

As a 12th year anniversary gift Mrs Wicked1911 told me to buy myself a new gun, so I picked up a "new to me" Glock 17 from another NESer today. It's my first glock and I can't wait to take it to the range. Added an NDZ punisher slide plate as soon as I got home :) ....I guess the 12th year is Polymer [smile]

BDEC0D7B-orig_zpsed04e5d4.jpg

DDBF846C-orig_zps5bc88bc5.jpg

8ECD7FD0-orig_zps0f0172c6.jpg

8A9C1F28-orig_zpsa4b47591.jpg

85909AC8-orig_zpsec36c335.jpg

ff9b6d2684feaba5dbbe4827cdc241e9.jpg

On 9/4 we all gained another 2A supporter.
Yes, her mother already has her LTC.. I can't comment on the nurse. I didn't think it was the appropriate time to ask ;-)

Congratulations!

I think you win the award for the best acquisition of the month. Hope everyone is doing well.

And remember:

Parenthood. It's not just a job, it's an adventure.

Back
Top Bottom