New acquisitions MAY 2012

I'm a purist and hate Tacticool crap on AKs,but I have to say Mack those are some pretty clean rifles and very well done.

Nice Job!

Thanks. I was trying to stay as true-to-form as possible but yet modernize tastefully. I also hate tacti-cool stuff on AKs, especially cheap plastic furniture.

I'll have to post some pics of the work I've done on some MAK90s to make the thumbhole stocks more comfortable while maintaining the original form and function.

I'm a purist and hate Tacticool crap on AKs,but I have to say Mack those are some pretty clean rifles and very well done.

Nice Job!

I got the deal of my life..........

I picked up a AR and a AK.

They were only $12 each, can't go wrong with 24 dollars for a AR & AK.

[smile] [wink] [laugh] [shocked]

Attachments

• AR - AK 1.jpg
    AR - AK 1.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 205
  • AR -AK 2.jpg
    AR -AK 2.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 98
just picked this up from a fellow NES'er

IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

I acquired a standard Hungarian SA-85M a couple of years ago but just finished converting it to a 922(r)-compliant rifle. The furniture is laminated from http://ironwooddesigns.com/IWDHome.html and finished with a Miles Gilbert stock refinishing kit. The pistol grip is a Tapco SAW-style and the railed gas tube is from http://ultimak.com/. I also replaced the rear and front sights with green Tritium Dot sights.

SA-85Mdark.jpg

Compare this with another SA-85M conversion I did a few years ago. This one has a Hogue pistol grip which actually required quite of bit of fitting.

SA-85Mblonde.jpg

VERY Nice!!!

I wasn't looking to buy a rifle but this one became magically stuck to my hands....GFA Arms Tech has once again made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

View attachment 31023
It'a Mosin Nagant M44. The steel plates at my range will soon be dancing to some very loud music.

Hi Point 002.jpg

I picked up my new Hi Point today, and the mailman brought me my mag holder and spare mags, along with 1,000 little Lawmen. I can't wait 'til Friday.

Ordered this at the end of last month, picked it up yesterday:

(please excuse the ugly, messy background, it's late! [laugh])

9bb2d032.jpg

d9bf120a.jpg

086f56e6.jpg

Savage Axis, .223 Rem. Just mounted the Sightron SII 3-9x42mm in Burris Xtreme rings & 2 piece base. I might have to change up the rings/base combo as the rear ring is hanging off the base about 1/4 of an inch, maybe go to a 1 piece base...

The trigger is a bit heavy, but not unbearable and I can feel improvement with each dry fire. I am very pleased with the quality of this thing out of the box, for just $308 and change out the door. Should be able to get 'er to the range this week to sight in.

380200_10150960120624954_508124953_12243368_763294351_n.jpg
[/IMG]

finally acquired my first pistol, and decided to go with a RIA 1911-A1 CS after reading reviews for it....now to find a local range to get a feel for it.

Got It Back from the smith today! Yeah
Stiller Tac 30
260 Rem, Reamer for 142gn MK Mag Length
Broughton 1-8tw finished to 19"
Ross Brake
AI 2.0 FDE
Jewell Trigger
Stiller Base
TPS Rings
Sightron SIII 6-24x50 LRMOA
I dont think I missed anything
Waiting to get the cerakote work done. Not sure yet of what color to do it.
2012-05-10+18.13.51.jpg

I don't usually post up pics of my acquisitions, but this is something special.
It's a New Model Vaquero .357, Magnaport Custom.
Bead blasted, mirror polished cylinder flutes, jeweled hammer and trigger, spring kit and Bear Paw Burl Maple grips.
Got it in a trade with another NES member.

Vaquero_1.jpg

Vaquero_2.jpg

It was nice of Ruger to finally smarten up and put their "Read Owners Manual" warning rollmark on the bottom side of the barrels now, where it doesn't detract from the otherwise clean look.

It was nice of Ruger to finally smarten up and put their "Read Owners Manual" warning rollmark on the bottom side of the barrels now, where it doesn't detract from the otherwise clean look.
I like that touch, too. Nice wheel gun!
New Bass Day again in this house!
Sweet bass, how's she sound?

I don't usually post up pics of my acquisitions, but this is something special.
It's a New Model Vaquero .357, Magnaport Custom.
Bead blasted, mirror polished cylinder flutes, jeweled hammer and trigger, spring kit and Bear Paw Burl Maple grips.
Got it in a trade with another NES member.

Vaquero_1.jpg

Vaquero_2.jpg
wow i remember seeing the PO post about that when he got it finished. amazing looking gun, great grab

Back
Top Bottom