New acquisitions MAY 2012

I don't usually post up pics of my acquisitions, but this is something special.
It's a New Model Vaquero .357, Magnaport Custom.
Bead blasted, mirror polished cylinder flutes, jeweled hammer and trigger, spring kit and Bear Paw Burl Maple grips.
Got it in a trade with another NES member.

Nice grips! Nice gun! [wink]

i <3 mine...

if you want to go the <$2 ace hardware way i can show you how to get the trigger down to around 4lbs...
my in-laws picked me up a Rifle Basix trigger for my sav for Xmas.... and they're HIPPIES!!!!

get some hippy in-laws and put the rifle basix on your amazon wish list :)

(mine groups better with heavier projectiles, 50gr remington UMC, eh... 55gr a bit better, 62gr winchester law enforcement VERY nice... gonna load my own 55gr Z-max and 60gr A-max and see how those do, once i get a chrony...)

Ordered this at the end of last month, picked it up yesterday:

(please excuse the ugly, messy background, it's late! [laugh])

9bb2d032.jpg

d9bf120a.jpg

086f56e6.jpg

Savage Axis, .223 Rem. Just mounted the Sightron SII 3-9x42mm in Burris Xtreme rings & 2 piece base. I might have to change up the rings/base combo as the rear ring is hanging off the base about 1/4 of an inch, maybe go to a 1 piece base...

The trigger is a bit heavy, but not unbearable and I can feel improvement with each dry fire. I am very pleased with the quality of this thing out of the box, for just $308 and change out the door. Should be able to get 'er to the range this week to sight in.

i <3 mine...

if you want to go the <$2 ace hardware way i can show you how to get the trigger down to around 4lbs...
my in-laws picked me up a Rifle Basix trigger for my sav for Xmas.... and they're HIPPIES!!!!

get some hippy in-laws and put the rifle basix on your amazon wish list :)

(mine groups better with heavier projectiles, 50gr remington UMC, eh... 55gr a bit better, 62gr winchester law enforcement VERY nice... gonna load my own 55gr Z-max and 60gr A-max and see how those do, once i get a chrony...)

Yeah that'd be awesome thanks!

I think I will order up one of the Karsten's kydex cheek rests next week when I get paid too. Had to hunch down on the stock and stretch my neck forward to get a good eye relief, made for an uncomfortable experience, haha.

Polish AK Blank
i have no EFFIN' idea what to do next....
IMAG0672.jpg

well, not true.... i need to figure out what "internal rails" are, and where to get some...
then i need some jigs to drill holes and some sort of kit thing apparently....
IMAG0673.jpg
*shrug*

i told SKSRay i was going to turn this into the MOST accurate AK receiver EVER....

i'm going to build an AR and use this receiver as a hand guard ;)

oh, i got these too:
IMAG0675.jpg
if Dillon ever comes out with a green 550Z zombie progressive loader i'm buying one!
(55gr Z-max .224)

picked up some V-max too cause they're a bit heavier at 60gr
IMAG0674.jpg

Picked up a gen4 Glock 19 from another NES member and put a streamlight tlr-3 on it...should make for a nice HD weapon!

IMAG0595.jpg IMAG0596.jpg

Last edited:
I've been lusting after a S&W 3rd gen for quite a while now, and what do you know, FS had this beautiful 910s!!!

Man, who knew this gun thing was such an addiction .....

Attachments

• image-4259319194.jpg
    image-4259319194.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 84
RugerSlinger said:
Got It Back from the smith today! Yeah
Stiller Tac 30
260 Rem, Reamer for 142gn MK Mag Length
Broughton 1-8tw finished to 19"
Ross Brake
AI 2.0 FDE
Jewell Trigger
Stiller Base
TPS Rings
Sightron SIII 6-24x50 LRMOA
I dont think I missed anything
Waiting to get the cerakote work done. Not sure yet of what color to do it.

Omg WANT! Thats a 260?

I took home a Rger mkIII and my first compound bow this week a PSE Stinger 3G I wish i would of gotten a bow years ago they are a blast to shoot and they are accurate as hell.

It's a Peacemaker also known as the Model 1873 Colt Single Action Army in .45 Colt. It came from Colts custom shop in 1990 complete with the custom fit stag grips.

I wish it was an original one of the era but I don't have multi thousands of $ to devote to one gun. This was expensive enough. There are a lot of American and Italian clones out there, but I've wanted a real Colt for a long time.

It's a Peacemaker also known as the Model 1873 Colt Single Action Army in .45 Colt. It came from Colts custom shop in 1990 complete with the custom fit stag grips.

I wish it was an original one of the era but I don't have multi thousands of $ to devote to one gun. This was expensive enough. There are a lot of American and Italian clones out there, but I've wanted a real Colt for a long time.
Wow, they really did it right. Nice win, enjoy!

Walther PP (Pistol Polizei model 1929), 7.65mm, manufactured by Walther at Zella Mahlis, Thüringen. Serial number 972138 dates this all matching piece to mid-year 1937 (967400-977300; 9900 pieces). Non-import with pre-war Crown N commercial proofs. Excellent bore, with about 90% original finish remaining. Front strap is marked R.F.V. 9624 W, showing use by the Reichs Finanz Verwaltung (Reichs Finance Ministry).

004.jpg

001.jpg

007.jpg

MS

Last edited:
I just picked up 6 rifles. Don't have pictures yet. They are:

Marlin Model 782 Micro Groove barrel .22WMR
Marlin Model 336 30-30
Sears Model 53 30-06
InterArms Mark X Continental 30-06
InterArms Mark X Continental .243
Birmingham Small Arms .243

Picked them all up for short money. All are in excellent condition besides the Marlin 782. But I already took it apart and cleaned it, and cleaned up the stock. Then I am going to use Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil on the stock and clean it up to really make it shine. Will post pictures as soon as I can. Not even sure what some of them are, or if they are worth it. I got them for next to nothing though, so I grabbed them all while I could.

Last edited:
Here is one of the 5 rifles I picked up. It is a Sears Model 53 30-06. It was dirty, but otherwise in mint condition. What I paid for it, I don't mind putting in a little elbow grease into it to clean it. Don't know a lot about it, but I think it is worth at least the money I paid for it. I suck at taking photos, but here it is.

8.jpg

And here is a S&W Model 29-6 Classic I picked up in a trade with another NES member. I plan on getting some wood grips, because I am not a fan of the rubber ones that are on it. Gun overall is in close to perfect condition.

1-4.jpg

2-4.jpg

Here is an InterArms Mark X .243 made in Yugoslavia. I love the full stock on it. I believe it is a Mannlicher stock.

9.jpg

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337206183.522605.jpg

Sig 220 Carry equinox I bought a couple months ago but sent to Sig to nitron the slide and added G10 grips. It's like a new gun so enjoy the pic...

Back
Top Bottom