New Acquisitions for October 2011

Do these two count kinda old but picked them up today?

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

Those are great. What model/dash are they? They look to be mid 50's to 60's.

The pictures didn't come out right on here
The top is a 4 screw model 17 made in 58
The bottom is a 28-2 made in 64

For pure fun I think my 13 year old has us all beat.
Got lucky. Saturday I made a wrong turn and we drove past it 10 minutes after the owner put it street side. "Dad! Pull over!!!"
DSC06686.jpg

The pictures didn't come out right on here
The top is a 4 screw model 17 made in 58
The bottom is a 28-2 made in 64

They are sweet, especially the diamond target stocks. I have a pre-17 that looks just like yours, but just a few years older. I only have one 28-2 as old as yours, but it is a 4" model. Where did you find them?

keltec2.jpg

Mossberg 590A1 with custom FDE cerakote job done by Lou @ Business End Customs

oh ya...Keltec KSG shotgun too!

keltec2.jpg

Mossberg 590A1 with custom FDE cerakote job done by Lou @ Business End Customs

oh ya...Keltec KSG shotgun too!

very nice! a 590 is definitely on my list. btw has anyone put the keltec through it's paces and done a good unbiased review yet? I've been curious about those, havn't even seen one in person yet...

Put in the sweet rides thread. [smile]
I bet he'll be learning how to put a tire on a rim. [laugh] I know I did.
Great suggestion. That's the better place for it.
Yup, he wants to swap the bald back tires for the front tires so he can rip up my grass better. He and I already had to fix the band type drum brake (a great dad-kid moment).
The turrent was a good suggestion. It's got a lot of cosmetic rust and looks like something out of Mad Max. This spring he wants to strip it down and pimp...I mean paint it.

So I went for it today. Picked up a pre lock S&W 686 .357 and a 629 Classic .44 Mag 6.5"

Cleaned them up and can't wait to go check them out at the range.

982ec861.jpg

They are sweet, especially the diamond target stocks. I have a pre-17 that looks just like yours, but just a few years older. I only have one 28-2 as old as yours, but it is a 4" model. Where did you find them?

They were local private sale I see you like the S&W's too

A 4" like this?
I'm sure the picture won't come out right either

IMG_0231-1.jpg

very nice! a 590 is definitely on my list. btw has anyone put the keltec through it's paces and done a good unbiased review yet? I've been curious about those, havn't even seen one in person yet...

How's that KSG? Is it possible to pump it while shouldered? I really thought they dropped the ball by not making it semi.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/143803-Kel-Tec-KSG-Review

you should also follow them on FB if you have an account

Last edited:
So I went for it today. Picked up a pre lock S&W 686 .357 and a 629 Classic .44 Mag 6.5"

Cleaned them up and can't wait to go check them out at the range.

982ec861.jpg

Very nice! I hope you like recoil!!! That 629 with the short bbl will kick like a mule with wood grips and full magnum loads. Ask me how I know!!! [smile] Enjoy!!!!

Mounted a new BSA 8-32 scope last night and sighted it in this afternoon. Overall I am pretty disappointed in the target knobs, not a very good positive click on them at all. The optics are clear though, so it should be good enough to dub around with.

IMAG0268.jpg

Well I guess I can finally say I have it. I just got my rifle from the smith last week and it is a tack driver.
Remington 700 SA with 308 bolt face
Kreiger 6.5mm barrel chambered in Remington 260
Manners T4A stock in Dead Flat Black
TPS Rings that hold a Nightforce 8-32 BR scope with NP-R2 reticle
Bedded and pinned barrel lug
Extended internal box mag
She looks like this;

2011-10-25%25252020.59.28.jpg

And Shoots like this;

2011-10-07%25252018.57.46.jpg

This is 5 shot at a 100yd and the last one was me being stupid, the small squares are 1/2" I dont have any 300yd shots yet but when I do I will update.

Ya he does, i would recommend him to everyone. I am already thinking about my next one. Ahh... the addiction... its got me!
Too many wants not enough money.

Back
Top Bottom