New acquisitions for March 2008

Over years I thought I couldn't keep up with Fred, now I'm thinking a bit different.
3 new family members as of today; the nicest additions I could ever dream of

homerguns.jpg

Two months in a row!

My latest, a "one year blogiversary" gift to myself, courtesy of the birthday boy himself, The Goose:

NewColtLawman3-1-08012.jpg

NewColtLawman3-1-08015.jpg

Colt Lawman Mk III .357 Magnum. Can't wait to try this one out - that heavy barrel combined with the smooth-as-butter Colt trigger ought to make for one sweet snubbie...

Not a gun but gun related. Picked this up at Lowe's today.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=125842-26605-E5251&lpage=none

Lowe's in Dartmouth wanted to charge me sales tax for it. I told them the law yet they wouldn't budge. Went to Lowes in Taunton where sales associate there was a gun nut himself. He knew there is no tax levied on gun safes even though it still rung up at the register as such. He rigged the price to ensure that it came out to $397 with tax. Nice![smile]

Over years I thought I couldn't keep up with Fred, now I'm thinking a bit different.
3 new family members as of today; the nicest additions I could ever dream of
04DWM1917L.jpg

04DWM1917R.jpg

LP08DWM1917L.jpg

LP08DWM1917R.jpg

FlatTopConeHammerL.jpg

FlatTopConeHammerR.jpg

ALL I HEAR IS FRED, FRED, FRED!!!!

I HAVE NOT POSTER A NEW GUN SINCE DECEMBER!!!!

TRYING TO GIVE YOU GUYS A CHANCE TO CATCH UP [smile]

GREAT GUNS ALL YOU BOYS AND GIRLS.

FRED

C'mon, you're just piling up $$$ to come up with a big, loud BANG when it's time to[smile]

There are some more highly desired pieces in the collection, where the above 3 came from. I've agreed with the owner that I'll take a significant number off him, and just need some time due to the Collector's disease a.k.a. budget constraints.
Think, I'll end up at a rate of 1-2/month; stay tuned.

Two months in a row!

My latest, a "one year blogiversary" gift to myself, courtesy of the birthday boy himself, The Goose:

Colt Lawman Mk III .357 Magnum. Can't wait to try this one out - that heavy barrel combined with the smooth-as-butter Colt trigger ought to make for one sweet snubbie...

Yup, I like this one alright...[grin]

Oh, and Pilgrim, you need to use some bug spray...

Newbie to this site so I thought I'd post a few pics of my milsurps.

First up is my Inland 5.0M. Mount Ranier Rebuild with M2 stockset. All Inland except JAO flip safety, Type IV Mag Catch & MM-Q Type 3 Barrel Band.

PICT0246.jpg

Next is my Underwood 2.7M. This is an all correct Underwood.

PICT0245.jpg

recvr-1.jpg

Next is my IHC Garand. Rebuilt at the Red River Army Depot in November '65. Note the tiger stock typical of Red River Rebuilds.

PICT0225.jpg

Finially, my Bushmaster XM-15 5.56 NATO. HBAR with Phantom Flashider. Not a milsurp, but fun to shoot. [smile]

PICT0244.jpg

Thanx for looking. [smile][wink]

MrJ

www.mrjitters.net

Last edited:
Newbie to this site so I thought I'd post a few pics of my milsurps.

Next is my Underwood 2.7M. This is an all correct Underwood.

PICT0245.jpg

Deut. 5:21 said:
"You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor's house or land, his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."
Real hard to obey this one when you post stuff like this. That is gorgeous.

NES AR Uppers

MA neutered 16" Bushmaster Dissipator with compensator for NES124.

Blackthorne 16" bull barrel, built in compensator with green laser, Midwest flip-up sights, and an EOtech 552 for NES168. Going to be my Pumpkin blaster.

Think I'm a little excited? [banana][banana]

nesuppers.jpg

Last edited:
No new guns, but a couple of new acquisitions yesterday. First, I got my AR mags back from Southridge Arms & Refinishing. I got 7 of them GunKoted in Flat Dark Earth. I installed Magpul Ranger plates and Magpul springs and anti-tilt followers in all of them.

AR_tanmag_003.jpg

Second, I splurged and bought a ridiculous camera. Ridiculous for me, anyway. It's a Sony DSLR-A200k. I also bought a 300mm zoom lens for it.

DSLR-A200K.jpg
lens_SAL75300.jpg

Another early B-day present for myself. My girl is definately going to kill me. Mosin Nagant. I'm sure you all have one or have seen it. My first milsurp so it's kind of a big deal for me. Thanks to Mr. Milsurps4 me for the help and info. Zero hour arms.
Damn, I hate all that grease that's caked all over the darn thing!!!!!!!!!

Picture401.jpg

Last edited:
Another early B-day present for myself. My girl is definately going to kill me. Mosin Nagant. I'm sure you all have one or have seen it. My first milsurp so it's kind of a big deal for me. Thanks to Mr. Milsurps4 me for the help and info. Zero hour arms.
Damn, I hate all that grease that's caked all over the darn thing!!!!!!!!!

Picture401.jpg

Gotta post a shot of that triangle with 1 inside German marking so people can see the score you got![wink]

Here's an answer to your question. After some research and help from Mr. Milsurps4me, this is what I came up with.
It's a 1944 Izhevsk, was a common year and maker.
This info was taken from a site: The East German Nagants that were issued in the former DDR will have Soviet marking proofs. The added German markings will be a 1,2,or 3 in a triangle.The markings are believed to signify a first,second, and third quality weapon.
While not uncommon as the East German SKS, the DDR Mosin Nagants are not encountered often by collectors. Since the fall of the USSR, these carbines have shown up in larger numbers but again, they should be considered at least an uncommon variant for the Mosin collector.
A gentleman on another site cant believe what I paid for it and has been searching for one for sometime. Makes me wonder if I should put it away or fire it

A gentleman on another site cant believe what I paid for it and has been searching for one for sometime. Makes me wonder if I should put it away or fire it

I shoot my EG 91/30. Hell, I put it in the snow for a picture [grin]:

Mosin2.jpg

These rifles have been through far more than you or I will put them through by shooting them. As long as you use good cleaning techniques if you shoot surplus ammo, the rifle will remain the way it is now for years and years.

I've been wanting a 1911 ever since I shot one. When I heard about the S&W rebate, I knew my days without one were numbered. Then I saw this one posted in the classifieds this morning. I couldn't resist.

SW1911PD%20Gunsite.jpg

Back
Top Bottom