New acquisitions for March 2008

I've been wanting a 1911 ever since I shot one. When I heard about the S&W rebate, I knew my days without one were numbered. Then I saw this one posted in the classifieds this morning. I couldn't resist.

SW1911PD%20Gunsite.jpg

you got a great gun and a great deal!

Congrats. If I had the $ I would have swooped in on that sale!

I've been wanting a 1911 ever since I shot one. When I heard about the S&W rebate, I knew my days without one were numbered. Then I saw this one posted in the classifieds this morning. I couldn't resist.

Nice score!! I knew that wasn't going to be waiting for a new home for long the minute I saw that in the classifieds.

1911 - Impressive! Nice grips!![smile]

Enjoyed the picture of "rifle on snow" - wanted to reach out and touch it...the rifle, that is...ah well, maybe the snow too!!

Here are my contributions for the month

1) Russia M44 made 1947 with a Yugo rearsinal. All the numbers match (the butt plate was forced matched. I like the way the stock looks.

DSC04022.jpg

DSC04023.jpg

2) Colt 1903 made 1924 in 32acp. Nice old gun, now I just have to figure out how to take it apart (I got the barrel out but can't get the slide off, need to do some research on it)

DSC04025.jpg

Nice 1911 jar, I love mine so far! I can't shoot well with it yet but I still love it [smile] That one caught my eye when I saw it too but the gf would kill me if I got another one within 2 weeks [crying]

1) Russia M44 made 1947 with a Yugo rearsinal. All the numbers match (the butt plate was forced matched. I like the way the stock looks.

2) Colt 1903 made 1924 in 32acp. Nice old gun, now I just have to figure out how to take it apart (I got the barrel out but can't get the slide off, need to do some research on it)

http://www.imhz.com/gun/pdf/Colt_32_&_380_Hammerless.pdf

DSC04025.jpg

You say you got the barrel off (or just gave it the 1/4 turn to loosen it) and now you can't get the slide off. Mine is a 2nd version with the barrel bushing like a 1911...yours looks like a 3rd version...so no bushing. Pull the slide back almost all the way (there should be an arrow or marking on the slide to bring even with the frame) turn the barrel and the whole slide will slide forward to come off of the pistol, then I remove the bushing and barrel for cleaning. Reverse the process for re-assembly. It took me an hour to figure out the barrel turn and exactly where and how much as mine has no marking. Good luck, a very cool shooter!!

I picked these babies up last week... Glock 19 and Glock 34. Both 3rd Gen's.

The 34 is a dream to shoot... the rounds just seem to always go where I want them to!

Here are some artsy fartsy photos... enjoy!

IMG_5901_Sharpened_Border.jpg

IMG_5907_BW_Sharpened_Border.jpg

IMG_5890_Sharpened_Border.jpg

IMG_5913_BW_Sharpened_Border.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to log some range time this weekend. I ran almost 600rds through it on Saturday at a friends private range in Maine. It ran 100%, no problems whatsoever. As expected, very accurate. Fit & finish are perfect. Love the Troy flip ups and quad rail. I'm getting an ACOG for it next. I'll post a more detailed review later in a new thread, need to get more pics up first.

I picked these babies up last week... Glock 19 and Glock 34. Both 3rd Gen's.

The 34 is a dream to shoot... the rounds just seem to always go where I want them to!

Here are some artsy fartsy photos... enjoy!
Very nice, I keep trying out the Glocks - one of these days...thanks for the pics...keeps me thinkin'

Just took a road trip from Gloucester to Western Mass to pick this up. Thanks Paul for a great deal and Ray(Mr. Milsurps), it's all your fault!!! Now I'm addicted!! Beautiful beechwood, unissued rifle. I need intervention

Picture409.jpg

Picture410.jpg

Last edited:
Just took a road trip from Gloucester to Western Mass to pick this up. Thanks Paul for a great deal and Ray(Mr. Milsurps), it's all your fault!!! Now I'm addicted!! Beautiful beechwood, unissued rifle. I need intervention

I'm always happy to assist in corrupting people.[smile]

If you don't mind me asking, where in western mass did you get that..If you did get it from a shop, which one?

I was looking at a used one that caught my eye at R&R in Belchertown. This one was still covered in cosmo, and was in decent shape...What would I expect to pay for a used one? It is exactly like the one pictured above.

Last edited:
I purchased it from a member of this site. As far as $ for a used one, I dont know. This one is pretty much in new condition. I looked at one at Four Seasons on my way home that the stock looked beat up and was priced at $280. I paid $175 for an unissued rifle. Someone on this site must have one or more they might be willing to part with

DSC04025.jpg

Try this website:

http://www.coltautos.com/

Go to the bottom and look for "Instruction Sheets". Lisker has .pdf files of most old Colt semi-automatics. This was how I learned to take mine apart.

BTW, nice looking gun!

My first Mosin

Mosin44-005.jpg

Mosin44-006.jpg I just got home from Brons Classics in sturbridge (fiskdale) which ever you care to call it. I went in just to look by suggestion of my buddy LxPony, and i couldnt leave without getting it. For 110 or so after tax it was WELL worth the price, and plan on getting more from him in the future SKS AK's Mausers, hes got em all and a crap load of ammo.

Last edited:
The reason I was asking, was that I found a used one in good shape, for $110 and was wondering if it was a fair price.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom