New Acquisitions for March 2007

Hmmm

My safe is pretty spacious at the moment, but in 6 months, the way I've been expanding, I think it will look like C-phers'. Its not the guns, its all the damn accessories. I never realized that I would end up with so many tools, cleaning supplies, parts, slings, and holsters. I think the accessories for the guns take up 2x the amount of space the guns do. There is no real reason to put them in the safe, but otherwise people at my house tend to move em and use them (tools) for the wrong purposes and then I get annoyed.

New Stock

I got a new stock for my Springfield Armory SOCOM II. Been looking for this one for a while, it is the hard to fine "urban camo" stock that comes on some SOCOMs from the factory. I've never seen one in MA, but I managed to get my hands one online, the only one I've ever seen on sale. I am very pleased. Oh, and of course my little OD Green SA XD subcompact tagged along for the picture op.

urban2.jpg

More pictures of this stock are in the gallery.

Damn C-pher! I think if you got everything that isn't an actual gun out of that safe, you would have plenty of room for new tenants!

Yea, with all the little hands around my house. I tend to keep the ammo and such in my safe. The problem with my gun belts being in there....they are cartridge belts... And it's a bitch to take out all those .357 cartridges in and out of the belt just so I can hang it up in a closet. So, I put it in there.

I also use it for papers that I don't want to lose/burn...and jewelry.

I just need to pull everything out and get bins for my magazines... and straighten up my ammo and supplies.

I plan on getting another safe when we buy our house... And then I'll have one for ammo and such, and one for guns.

Two acquisitions for March. Both are from an estate sale.

Marlin 25 Glenfield with Scope for $100.00. Needed a bit of cleaning, especially the hardware on the sling. Cleaned and lubed this should be a fun, and cheap to shoot, plinker.

Marlin25R.jpg

Marlin25L.jpg

Model 10-6, with a serial number that puts it's manufacture date in 1972-73. This one is going to home when we do the factory tour as it has one minor (I hope) problem. However for $225.00 it still seems like a bargain.

SWMdl10-6Rjpg.jpg

SWMdl10-6L.jpg

Plus I got 500 rounds of Norinco 7.62.x39 for $70.00 as part of the deal.

Gary

Two acquisitions for March. Both are from an estate sale.

Marlin 25 Glenfield with Scope for $100.00. Needed a bit of cleaning, especially the hardware on the sling. Cleaned and lubed this should be a fun, and cheap to shoot, plinker.

Model 10-6, with a serial number that puts it's manufacture date in 1972-73. This one is going to home when we do the factory tour as it has one minor (I hope) problem. However for $225.00 it still seems like a bargain.

Plus I got 500 rounds of Norinco 7.62.x39 for $70.00 as part of the deal.

Gary

Nice score especially on the Norinco ammo. Not sure if its corrosive or not so be careful when cleaning. I heard its great though.

Nice score especially on the Norinco ammo. Not sure if its corrosive or not so be careful when cleaning. I heard its great though.

The guy I got all this from bought it from the estate. He doesn't have anything that shoots 7.62, so he just wanted to get rid of it. The sling on the rifle had some of that green corrosion crap on the hardware, but it cleaned right up. The Model 10 had a bit on the extractor, but that cleaned up too. I took the grips and side plate off and it's clean inside.

I'll post about the problem with the Model 10 over in the equipment forum.

Gary

New 03

View attachment 501
The A4-LAL I got back from Stricklands today. He did some parkerizing work on it and it came out beautiful. The other A3 is a Remington I picked up at Collectors today plus some GP11 ammo at Four Seasons. Covered alot of ground today[laugh]

Last edited:
I don't know how you guys let this one sit at Zero Hour for so long but I'm glad it did because I got it last Thursday. [smile]

Tula1.jpg

Tula.jpg

Tula2.jpg

Its a 54 Tula SKS with a few stock repairs on the left side but the wood still looks great and the bore looks unfired since arsenal rebuild. I needed another Russian SKS. This one came with a Chinese sling, now all I need is another Russian SKS sling.

I've only put 30 rounds throught the darn thing and I'm already last night I was looking on line at all the interesting/fun mods I can do to it...

Only about a million of them!

Gary: love that model 10!

Me too! [grin] I'd could very easily, but not cheaply, become like some people are with 1911s.

Gary

Last edited:
Its a 54 Tula SKS with a few stock repairs on the left side but the wood still looks great and the bore looks unfired since arsenal rebuild. I needed another Russian SKS. This one came with a Chinese sling, now all I need is another Russian SKS sling.

I have one that could be a twin to that. Beautiful rifle. Nice pick up.

Gary

And an expensive one at that[laugh]
Sweeeet SKS by the way, I have to look into those again.

BTW What do you use for a camera? cuz you're pictures always come out great!

Thanks, the camera I use is a Kodak Easy Share CX7530 with 5.0 mega pixel. It was a cheapie from Circuit City and I barely know what it does. [laugh]

They are LAR. On the right side above the selector hole they state Multi Caliber and a few other things. and they state LAW MFG on the part that is milled out without cutting through.

Can you guys buy these I bought them from a FFL in Florida. If anyone wants the name PM me.

They were 85 each.

what make is that sam?

OK, it's not a gun, but I couldn't resist.

While at my desk the other day, our facilities guy notices my slide rule. "Hey, I got one of those - could never figure out how to use it! You want it?"

"Uh... well, if you don't, sure, I'll take it." See results below, photographed with my Waterman fountain pen for perspective.

It's a Keuffel & Esser "Doric" model (polyphase) 5" slide rule. And in beautiful shape, too... absolutely no wear on it or the case.

DSC00130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom