New Acquisitions for JUNE 2012

Its been a good month. I went a little apeshit and picked up three guns.

wasr.jpg
My first AK. Furniture is horrible. I'm trying to figure out whether I'm going to try to refinish it or buy new stuff.

870.jpg
My first shotgun. Remington 870 Express Tactical. I just put an ATI stock and pistol grip on it tonight. Its looking pretty badass.

jaimesAR.jpg
My wife's first AR. Built up on the YMH NES lower. The upper is a YMH group with a 20" barrel. Waiting on a carbon fiber free float front end so that she has a fighting chance at picking the damn thing up.

View attachment 33099
My first AK. Furniture is horrible. I'm trying to figure out whether I'm going to try to refinish it or buy new stuff.

Try lightly sanding down the wood on the WASR and start applying several coats of spray polyurethane with some fine sanding in between coats.
About 7 coats should produce a nice finish. The laminate on the new WASRs looks great IMO. They're just unfinished.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

View attachment 33100
My first shotgun. Remington 870 Express Tactical. I just put an ATI stock and pistol grip on it tonight. Its looking pretty badass.

Let me know how you like that shotgun. I'm looking into either getting the Remington M887 Nitro Mag tactical, or the one you just got.

Let me know how you like that shotgun. I'm looking into either getting the Remington M887 Nitro Mag tactical, or the one you just got.

Only shot it once so far with the original stock. It was great but the reach on the stock was a little long for my arms. The ATI is much better. I had it down between this and the 887 as well. In the end what tipped me over the top was the variety of accessories available for the 870.

beretta.jpg

hkusp40.jpg

its been a good week...[smile]

Nice Oilspill,

You will have to let us know what you think of the SR22, I want to shoot one.
Loving those 124's also, the mail lady enjoys a workout I am sure.

Good week so far. The other day I picked up a Ruger SR22, and today I went to Bob's in Webster and picked up a Ruger 10/22 TakeDown, and a Ruger GP100 357mag 4" Satin Stainless. I hope to get out tomorrow and shoot the 10/22 and GP100.

I have already put about 500+ rounds through my SR22 with all sorts of ammo, even 20yr old stuff I bought off a guy at my work, and it all worked flawless. Gun has worked 100% so far. Awesome little .22!

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

Last edited:
Good week so far. The other day I picked up a Ruger SR22, and today I went to Bob's in Webster and picked up a Ruger 10/22 TakeDown, and a Ruger GP100 357mag 4" Satin Stainless. I hope to get out tomorrow and shoot the 10/22 and GP100.

I have already put about 500+ rounds through my SR22 with all sorts of ammo, even 20yr old stuff I bought off a guy at my work, and it all worked flawless. Gun has worked 100% so far. Awesome little .22!

Awesome choices I like the shopping spree. Cheap shooting and then a banger haha

Picked myself up a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport yesterday. My first AR platform, figured it was a good choice after all I read on it over the last 3 months. Put about 600 rounds through it right after purchase, brass and steel case, flawless operation and quite accurate without optics. It's a CT compliant version, fixed stock, no bullet button, plus Hoffman's had it on sale for $599 with 2 Magpul 30 rd PMAGs.

Ordered 3,000 rounds of PMC 5.56 this evening ... When that show up, wifey is going to give me some guff. She can't understand the need for an ammo dump. LOL

I do think I'll be building a higher end AR this coming winter now, love the feel.

I've caught the Sako bug lately and here's a pre-Garcia L61R Finnbear Deluxe model in 30-06. When I picked it up, I was tickled about the pristine condition. It has the finest stock (walnut) in my collection, for now:

Finnbear0001.jpg

Finnbear0010.jpg

Finnbear0002.jpg

Finnbear0008.jpg

Finnbear0009.jpg

Finnbear0003.jpg

Finnbear0004.jpg

Bought my birthday present. M35 Beretta, 1939 with capture papers. Bore was really bad; some serious cleaning and 100 rounds later it turned out OK. Oddball piece; unproofed and unmarked. Presumed Navy piece that slipped through acceptance.

Range comparison is with my 1937 Walther PP, 33 feet, Fiochhi 73gr. RN.

029-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

015-2.jpg

020.jpg

MS

Last edited:
Picked up my first mosin today. A m44 at B&K outstanding service. I'll get some pictures up after I clean her up. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship of fireballs and bayonet charges.

Back
Top Bottom