New Acquisitions for JUNE 2012

252205_10151044805992176_797649257_n.jpg

Just picked this up today.

Not a gun but a new toy. Been trying to find one for months.

rhino1.jpg

Those are SO fun. When I was a kid, my buddy had one. I'll just say they take a decent beating.

nice wood!

(and it's not often I say that to another man)

Thanks, it looks fantastic. I had nothing to do with it though, I purchased it from a fellow member this way.

No firearm this month. But I can't resist this deal. Got it for about 40% off during my visit to cabelas. A nice father's day gift for myself.

Now, I just need to reassembly my reloading area after relocation.

image-1652698481.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forum Runner

I've been looking for something nice like that. Where did you find it?

That AK is amazing

Last edited:
I've been looking for something nice like that. Where did you find it?

Four Seasons (Woburn). They have a deal going on for the SP2022 w/night sights for $399. You can get the Sig laser for an additional $50 but I wasn't interested. I've already put 100 rounds down range as of tonight and have to say this is a completely solid gun for the money, I am very happy with it so far.

Four Seasons (Woburn). They have a deal going on for the SP2022 w/night sights for $399. You can get the Sig laser for an additional $50 but I wasn't interested. I've already put 100 rounds down range as of tonight and have to say this is a completely solid gun for the money, I am very happy with it so far.
I got that email, too. Very tempting, congratulations on a nice pick up!

SOLD OUT:

Our initial shipment of Sig Sauer 9mm SP2022’s sold out in 1 day on Friday. The rest of our order should be arriving soon. Watch the web site and these email updates for notification. We will call Sig on Monday and get an ETA for you.

We did receive 50 of the .22LR CCI Mini-Mag high velocity 1600 round value packs in the plastic ammo “cans” late Friday. Still $109.95.

Carl @ Four Seasons

6/9/12 - 0630 hrs

I picked up a little something yesterday:

handi1.jpg

handi2.jpg

H&R Handi Rifle in .500 S&W Magnum. It's a hell of a thing [smile]

I had to do a little work on the extractor to get it to function properly, and I polished the chamber lightly while I was at it. Works great now [grin]

I picked up a little something yesterday:

handi1.jpg

handi2.jpg

H&R Handi Rifle in .500 S&W Magnum. It's a hell of a thing [smile]

I had to do a little work on the extractor to get it to function properly, and I polished the chamber lightly while I was at it. Works great now [grin]

I've been looking at these. How's it shoot? I'm curious if it can handle the 700gr loads. I'd love to se a full range report on this [smile]

I've been looking at these. How's it shoot? I'm curious if it can handle the 700gr loads. I'd love to se a full range report on this [smile]

I was just shooting at 50y today, but my first shot was dead center and a little low. I managed to get 15 rounds off before I decided I'd had enough [laugh] I don't have any of the nuclear 700gr loads available... I imagine it would handle it as long as the pressures are within SAAMI specs? (Are those 700gr loads within SAAMI pressures?) I was shooting my 440gr handloads today. I chrono'd it with those yesterday at avg. 1735 fps. Out of my 4" S&W it was avg. 1235 fps.

I picked it up yesterday but only got 3 rounds off. The extractor would do its job and bring the shell out of the chamber, but I then had a heck of a time getting the shell out from there. The extractor was a little too tall and the front part of it (that faced towards the chamber) needed the edge broken a little bit. I used a dremel to take it down a hair, then polished it up afterwards. Works like a charm now.

PS: Also, I intend to replace the sights, not sure with what yet. They're these cheap plastic jobs and I don't think they will withstand repeated use.

PPS: I recommend against benching this thing, or at least don't sit such that you can't rock backwards a little bit. If your body won't move then this thing will pound your shoulder pretty bad [shocked]

Last edited:
I put a set of Hogue grips on the 5906 I posted earlier:

100_0597.jpg

Wow, what a difference! The stock grips were hard plastic and slick as all get out. These Hogues are fantastic.

that H&R is wicked cool! i have a 12GA topper with bluing that looks like tiger stripes. some really cool stuff rolled out of that factory.

Got a Ruger SR22 Pistol at IDC today. No pics because we all know what they look like. Went to the range afterwards and shot about 200 rounds with no issues whatsoever. Just shot some random stuff, and some ammo that is at least 20-30 yrs old. All fed fine, and shot fine. Great little gun, and a lot of fun!

Back
Top Bottom