New Acquisitions for January 2014

Well, all except one of my Christmas gifts from Mrs. Wicked1911 have come in. I also got some stuff from my brother. So I will post my pics for this months acquisitions now [grin]

What I got:

From Mrs. Wicked1911
1. Aimpoint PRO Red Dot sight
2. DiamondHead G2 metal sights (since I already had a set but gave them to my brother)
3. Fab defense G2 bi-pod forgrip
4. BCM handguner Mod4 charging handle
5. A 2nd AR15 Lula loader

From my brother:
6. Punisher/American flag ejection port dust cover
7. Three Cammenga magazine dust covers which double as base pads when the mag is in the gun.

D9A1141F-orig_zps1ea69c12.jpg

192168C2-orig_zpse304f5e9.jpg

E46652C2-orig_zpsc65af35e.jpg

Still waiting on this:
14C0DDFC_zps33de1e2e.jpg

Not my pic but identical to what I got:
3CA55F34_zps475e08e2.jpg

**** yes dude. almost bought a CZ at the manchester show, but it was in fo-tay, and i don't want to add a caliber. it was more of a satin stainless with black controls, grips, and night sights... it was sexy as shit and would have come home with me at any price in 9mm.

determined to buy a gun, i did. for the lady:

datstang_zpsaa52196d.jpg~original

she determined this would be her ideal carry gun after messing with it and carrying a P3AT for a bit... so i bought her a pony gun.

"My greatest fear is that I will die, and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." - Some guy

the lady and i are honest and open with each other. if she points to a gun and says "and what did that one cost?" she gets the actual dollar figure, plus whatever i have done to the guts, plus whatever is sitting on it for sights or optics.

it also helps that she has never paid a dime for anything in her part of the collection.

she wanted a blued colt mustang? made it happen.

This came today. It is a Hawken repro in .54. Curly maple stack with pewter forend cap. It was made from a kit by the now defunct Sharon Rifle Barrel Company. Back in the 1970's and 80's Sharon barrels were considered quite good.

the lady and i are honest and open with each other. if she points to a gun and says "and what did that one cost?" she gets the actual dollar figure, plus whatever i have done to the guts, plus whatever is sitting on it for sights or optics.

it also helps that she has never paid a dime for anything in her part of the collection.

she wanted a blued colt mustang? made it happen.

Happy wife happy life.

nepava4e.jpg

Found a 1930 Tula hex receiver mosin at cabelas. Had to take her home.

a3ury5uj.jpg

Also been wanting a big bore glock for a while, so snagged this 21C. Can't wait to break them in this weekend! Also does anybody know if the trigger setup is different for a g21 vs a g17/26? This g21 has a much nicer trigger.

Last edited:
a3ury5uj.jpg

Also been wanting a big bore glock for a while, so snagged this 21C. Can't wait to break them in this weekend! Also does anybody know if the trigger setup is different for a g21 vs a g17/26? This g21 has a much nicer trigger.

I love my Glock 21 gen 3 sf. what a soft shooting .45 , only thing i hate is having to find the even tougher glock 21 preban mags..

Usually its the other way around because G21/G20 have heavier firing pin springs so usually the pull is heavier. If that was a used gun someone may have dropped in a 3.5 connector and/or polished the crap out of internals, and/or put a reduced weight FP spring on it.

-Mike

Usually its the other way around because G21/G20 have heavier firing pin springs so usually the pull is heavier. If that was a used gun someone may have dropped in a 3.5 connector and/or polished the crap out of internals, and/or put a reduced weight FP spring on it.

-Mike

Yup. The 45 Glocks always have a heavier trigger because of the firing pin springs like you said.

- - - Updated - - -

Only problem with a really light FP spring = light strikes.

-Mike

Well its brand new not Preowned so it has the standard connector. I didn't mean to say that I feel like it's lighter, the pull seems crisper and after reset there's no creep like in my 17. It definitely feels heavier, though I have a 3.5 lb connector in my 17.

goose that rifle is nice. i really like the look of it. now stop posting cool things or i'll have to spend more money

this is a sweet little piece i just got. a smith and wesson 32 hand ejector.
i guess it was made sometime in the 1930s of 1940s
i thought the 30s would have had a different tip to the ejector rod, but i'm still learning about all the nuances.
the nickel has a few rough spots here and there, but inside it's immaculate. the bore, chambers, and internals are all in tip top perfectly cared for condition. this is going to be a great shooter.

sorry for the cheese pics. i snapped them with the iPhone before i did any cleaning up on it.

congrats to all of you with new purchases.

Back
Top Bottom