• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for January 2014

dedate8e.jpg

Finally got a holster for the G19C/Inforce APL

Well tell us what it is! Who makes it?

Thanks, Stacarter. You know the feeling then. It would be amazing to walk into the range with a PSG1 and just start plinking everything, but it's too rare in unfired condition to do it. This could pay for like 2 weeks of college when my kids go in about 10 years.

Did you get the factory hard case too? I sold mine after I realized I didn't want and gun, bike or motorcycle that I wouldn't use. So I sold mine back to Zero Hour and bought other stuff I shoot. I did decided to keep my nib unfired HK P7M13 and shoot it. Didn't regret doing that but there is a lot of cheddar between what you paid and a $3500 P7 and the value hit isn't as bad just for shooting it. Keep it as it is it is a unique and rare thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Did you get the factory hard case too? I sold mine after I realized I didn't want and gun, bike or motorcycle that I wouldn't use. So I sold mine back to Zero Hour and bought other stuff I shoot. I did decided to keep my nib unfired HK P7M13 and shoot it. Didn't regret doing that but there is a lot of cheddar between what you paid and a $3500 P7 and the value hit isn't as bad just for shooting it. Keep it as it is it is a unique and rare thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hey StaCarter,

Yes, I did. It's in pretty good shape too. I checked the rifle from crown to stock and it is very clean. The battery compartment, which I was told often has corrosion, is super clean and the reticle still illuminates. The only thing that was missing was the factory, wood reinforced cardboard shipping box. I was told that if it still had the shipping box it would have been in the $25k range.

003_3-1.jpg

A true survivor of the whole of WWII as originally manufactured - a 1939 147 (Sauer) K98k. All matching parts save an armorer's replacement rear trigger screw and band spring. I have an unmarked cleaning rod coming for it.

T.

That is beautiful [grin] I always love the history behind Mil Surps.

Mike

Last edited:
Except that first shot is effectively going to cost you $X,000. Maybe not worth it if you've shot an HK91 previously.

I see your point but it's still not any less "wrong" feeling to me. I just don't get it. It's a rifle that was designed to have the crap pounded out of it and deliver bullets at high levels of accuracy. This just feels like having an M1A2 Abrams in your garage and never starting the motor. There's something inherently wrong with that. [laugh] Hell even the guy that owned the .45 luger let guns and ammo fire it a couple of magazines worth.

Is that all it is? Ooops, here I was thinking it was one of the rarest, most collectible rifles in existence. My bad. If it wasn't a blizzard I'd go out and shoot it right now.

I guess if the collectors are so crazy that they'd pay $25K for a gun that still had a cardboard box, then you have a very good point in wanting to not shoot it. I'll never understand the lunacy behind nebulous values like that, but I guess I can understand wanting to
preserve it if you're treating it as an investment. I could never own a gun like that for longer than it would take me to sell it, it would
bother me too much. To each their own I guess.

-Mike

I could never own a gun like that for longer than it would take me to sell it, it would
bother me too much. To each their own I guess.

-Mike

Me either. Still awesome to look at it, but if I had to look past it while I grabbed other rifles for the range, it would be too much of a tease.

Me either. Still awesome to look at it, but if I had to look past it while I grabbed other rifles for the range, it would be too much of a tease.

I certainly understand both points of view. I liking it to buying a Shelby Mustang (or any other collectible car). If by some miracle someone found a Shelby that had ZERO miles on it and I bought it at auction, I would certainly pay a significant premium for it. Given that I paid a premium for a zero mileage Shelby, it would make little sense for me to drive it because I would instantly lose the premium I paid for it and it would become just another used Shelby. By the same token, owning these guns and never shooting them is very difficult. Whenever I sell one of them I ask the new owner if they plan to shoot it or leave it NIB. If they plan to shoot it, I offer to sell it to them for a few hundred less if they give me permission to shoot it before shipping it. My objective is to have every firearm I own in both new in box condition and shooter condition. Obviously, this isn't easy to do given how expensive some of them are, but that's the goal. . .

Your money , you do what you want. I understand buying some thing as a investment . I personally could never buy stuff that has a use and not use it. I'd rather buy gold or silver that doesn't have a use .

When I was heavily into bass guitars I new people who bought old fenders and just put then behind glass . These where worn used not nib but still worth 2 k plus . If I had the cash I'd finger the shit out of a 62 jazz bass .

I certainly understand both points of view. I liking it to buying a Shelby Mustang (or any other collectible car). If by some miracle someone found a Shelby that had ZERO miles on it and I bought it at auction, I would certainly pay a significant premium for it. Given that I paid a premium for a zero mileage Shelby, it would make little sense for me to drive it because I would instantly lose the premium I paid for it and it would become just another used Shelby. By the same token, owning these guns and never shooting them is very difficult. Whenever I sell one of them I ask the new owner if they plan to shoot it or leave it NIB. If they plan to shoot it, I offer to sell it to them for a few hundred less if they give me permission to shoot it before shipping it. My objective is to have every firearm I own in both new in box condition and shooter condition. Obviously, this isn't easy to do given how expensive some of them are, but that's the goal. . .

My father owns an extremely rare Shelby. We drive it every summer. Whats the point of owning it if you don't use it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Two new additions for me this month! First up an M&P40 that was on consignment at patriot arms, but my understanding is the previous owner is here on NES. Second was my stripped lower from the PSA blem group buy. Thanks again Johnny! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390637547.291759.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk

My father owns an extremely rare Shelby. We drive it every summer. Whats the point of owning it if you don't use it?

The point is to make money! It's an investment!! I have at least $5,000 in equity in this rifle. If I shoot it, I'll have no more than $2,500 of equity. Would you pay $2,500 to shoot a firearm?!?! I didn't think so.

P.S. - You clearly missed my point regarding the Shelby - yours dad's Shelby wasn't ZERO mileage, correct?? If not, he's not devaluing it by driving it!!

P.P.S - I live on the South Shore, please pick me up in the Shelby this summer!

The point is to make money! It's an investment!! I have at least $5,000 in equity in this rifle. If I shoot it, I'll have no more than $2,500 of equity. Would you pay $2,500 to shoot a firearm?!?! I didn't think so.

P.S. - You clearly missed my point regarding the Shelby - yours dad's Shelby wasn't ZERO mileage, correct?? If not, he's not devaluing it by driving it!!

P.P.S - I live on the South Shore, please pick me up in the Shelby this summer!

Actually when he bought it it was 1,500 miles. That is close enough to zero. I did not miss the point at all. He decided a long time ago that the cars he bought were meant to be driven. We both treat the car like it is worth $200,000 but we do not look at it like we are devaluing it we look at it as we are driving a peice of American History. Plus the car is Bad Ass. I guess my point is he did not buy it to sit in the garage. If you bought your gun to sit in the safe then that is your prerogative.

5atuqaba.jpg

If I'm ever on the south Shore with it I will hit you up :)

Actually when he bought it it was 1,500 miles. That is close enough to zero. I did not miss the point at all. He decided a long time ago that the cars he bought were meant to be driven. We both treat the car like it is worth $200,000 but we do not look at it like we are devaluing it we look at it as we are driving a peice of American History. Plus the car is Bad Ass. I guess my point is he did not buy it to sit in the garage. If you bought your gun to sit in the safe then that is your prerogative.

5atuqaba.jpg

Kr skeeeeeeeeettttttt

I was worried it was gonna be a doge Shelby lol

Would you pay $2,500 to shoot a firearm?!?!

Why not? You paid seven times that NOT to shoot one [rofl] ....but I'm just yanking your chain, I totally get what you are doing...could I do it? financially yes, will I do it? not likely. But enjoy it either way, you obviously did well for yourself in life financially why not spoil yourself in the way you see fit [cheers]

5atuqaba.jpg

Is that a BLACK GT 500 KR?!?!?? Black Shelby's are exceedingly rare! I had a 68' Fastback that I built into a GT 500/Eleanor. I sold it to a collector in Bali 3 years ago. And, yes I drove it. I drove it real fast!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Why not? You paid seven times that NOT to shoot one [rofl] ....but I'm just yanking your chain, I totally get what you are doing...could I do it? financially yes, will I do it? not likely. But enjoy it either way, you obviously did well for yourself in life financially why not spoil yourself in the way you see fit [cheers]
ha, ha. I wouldn't pay $2,500 just to shoot a firearm. A cannon on a battleship?!!? Well, maybe. . .

Is that a BLACK GT 500 KR?!?!?? Black Shelby's are exceedingly rare! I had a 68' Fastback that I built into a GT 500/Eleanor. I sold it to a collector in Bali 3 years ago. And, yes I drove it. I drove it real fast!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

ha, ha. I wouldn't pay $2,500 just to shoot a firearm. A cannon on a battleship?!!? Well, maybe. . .

Yes it is. Actually its even rarer than that. The first owner painted it black without realizing exaxtly how rare it was. This is a special paint car. It is number 23 out of 78. The car should be yellow and will be again one day. Other than AC Cobras, Special Paint KR's are the most sought after production shelby's. They have won first place at SAAC multipule years in a row. One sold at Barrett Jackson about 5 years ago for $280,000. You can read all about them and see tons of pictures @ www.thecoralsnake.com . He is the leading restorer of Special Paint Shelby's in the world.

Now back to guns...... I have not bought a new gun but did pick up more parts for my AR build.

de4ehehu.jpg

Thats the Fortis Hammer charging handle
usu8y9e6.jpg

Strike Industries Checkmate Muzzle Brake.

BCM gas block

Back
Top Bottom