New Acquisitions for August 2007

Just picked up this 1979 HK93:

HK93.jpg

Shown with Big Brother HK91
HKRifles.jpg

The whole Family (91, 93, Mark 23, USP Compacr .45 and Hk94 clone (Bobcat)

HKFamily.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about! [cheers]

Just picked up this 1979 HK93:

Damn!

The good'ol days when buying that kind of stuff was as simple as picking up a copy of "Shotgun News", placing an order, having it sent to your FFL (or back in those days if you were your own FFL [smile]), and getting a free case of ammo or extra mags to boot was only a postage stamp away. [smile]

Ruger X-17 (.17 HMR).

Decided I needed something else that I could at least afford to shoot (not that .17 HMR ammo is exactly cheap either).

X17a.JPG

x17b.JPG

Loginmane, that is one schweeeet lookin' rifle !

Thanks.

The X-17 is basically a Ruger 77/17 with a custom TALO stock.

I had been thinking about getting something in .17 HMR for awhile now. Looks aside... I really like it because the balance and grip is a near perfect fit for my hands.

The scope is off my RRA 20" flat-top and is only temporary until I find something else.

Thanks.

The X-17 is basically a Ruger 77/17 with a custom TALO stock.

I had been thinking about getting something in .17 HMR for awhile now. Looks aside... I really like it because the balance and grip is a near perfect fit for my hands.

The scope is off my RRA 20" flat-top and is only temporary until I find something else.

Stay away from the BSA Sweet 17hmr scopes. They're gimick scopes that perform well only under minimum to med magnification. My Savage in 17hmr shoots best with my BSA at its lowest setting at 100 yards, when I zoom in all the way I open up at an inch or greater.

Stay away from the BSA Sweet 17hmr scopes. They're gimick scopes that perform well only under minimum to med magnification. My Savage in 17hmr shoots best with my BSA at its lowest setting at 100 yards, when I zoom in all the way I open up at an inch or greater.

Ditto, On the BSA Sweet 17. I have one on my CZ. It is actually a decent enough scope on the lower settings, but even at 100 yards I can only zoom about half way.

My New Arsenal AK

Seeing as Mrs. Magnum already let the cat out of the bag here is MY new Arsenal SLR-101 courtesy of a fellow NES member. It is a great gun and once I get my skill down I will do a range report.

ak1001.jpg

ak1003.jpg

ak002.jpg

Very nice Fred!

I have that belt buckle and I know the guy who designed it. Went to pickup some computer gear that I bought on eBay and the seller saw me wearing the buckle. Long conversation about it ensued.

I wanted to wait and jump in on some buy a gun day shindig but Richie ( http://richiessportingsupply.com/ ) is leaving for Maine and closing shop in a few days and won't be back for a month. Plus after being let down so many times before by letting a gun sit on the shelf until I came back only to return with cash and see it gone, I vowed to never wait when I see a gun I really want.

Here is what I grabbed today for a very fair price:

PPS50a-1.jpg

PPS50.jpg

PPS50b.jpg

Its a PPS 50 in .22[smile]
I added the PPSH sling because it looks so much like a Russian sub gun. I've seen them minus the flash hider, cut and recrowned right after the barrel shroud to make them look more like a PPSH but I think I'll keep it original since it is pre ban and as you all know, a pre ban flash hider in Massachusetts is just something neat/evil to legally have.

I just put this addition onto the S&W 422 plinker I picked up last month.
DSCF0604.jpg

Aim tech mount and a Wally World BSA Red Dot scope. Can't wait to play at the range tomorrow!!

M4M: That PPS 50 is just spectacular!! (and thanks again for spending your money somewhere otherthan on my new SKS!)

8~)

Last edited:
I wanted to wait and jump in on some buy a gun day shindig but Richie ( http://richiessportingsupply.com/ ) is leaving for Maine and closing shop in a few days and won't be back for a month. Plus after being let down so many times before by letting a gun sit on the shelf until I came back only to return with cash and see it gone, I vowed to never wait when I see a gun I really want.

Here is what I grabbed today for a very fair price:

PPS50a-1.jpg

PPS50.jpg

PPS50b.jpg

Its a PPS 50 in .22[smile]
I added the PPSH sling because it looks so much like a Russian sub gun. I've seen them minus the flash hider, cut and recrowned right after the barrel shroud to make them look more like a PPSH but I think I'll keep it original since it is pre ban and as you all know, a pre ban flash hider in Massachusetts is just something neat/evil to legally have.

Awesome! Looks like a very fun little shooter.

PC Light Hunter .44 Mag

The wood looks nice, but I think I am going to stick some rubber grips that cover the backstrap on this one (500 mag grips maybe?). I was shooting factory loaded Remington 180gr soft points and the flame must have been about 2 feet high out of the top of the compensator. [flame]

629lh.jpg

Thunderbolt

Back
Top Bottom