• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for August 2007

Finally

Well, finally, I got this. Turns out my other one was a lemon so after a long drawn out fight, they finally had to upgrade me to a newer one, and higher model (330xi, bigger engine, more torque!), same mileage, same nice options, plus Harmon Kardon speaker system, buya! That will teach em to mess with me! I'm starting to figure out how to stand up for myself, being older has its advantages...

bmw330.jpg

ha

I said older, not old. But if I were 18 I'm sure they would have been able to shove me out the door, but I really put a up a scrap this time and made out like a gangster.

Well, finally, I got this. Turns out my other one was a lemon so after a long drawn out fight, they finally had to upgrade me to a newer one, and higher model (330xi, bigger engine, more torque!), same mileage, same nice options, plus Harmon Kardon speaker system, buya! That will teach em to mess with me! I'm starting to figure out how to stand up for myself, being older has its advantages...

MAN the new 3-series look friggin' nice! One of the guys at work has one, and I constantly mistake it for a 5-series it looks so nice!

Great snag!

Arrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.
You don't need a vault Fred, you need a climate controlled museum room. That way you can charge NES visitors $ and buy more unique handguns.[grin]

When someone posted the link about the museum in Cody, I just kind of yawned and stifled the urge to replay about Fred's collection over-shadowing the poor pathetic little thing.

Picked this up tonight:

img0561vt0.jpg

Taurus Tracker in .357 Mag

And since I was filling out the stupid 4473 anyway, I had my dealer add this to the order:

img0564wv2.jpg

Stag Arms lower

A Pair of M19-3's

No way can I compete with Fred [smile]. Picked these up at the very end of July and was just waiting for the new stocks to come in. A pair of M19-3's, a 4" and a 6". Serial numbers put them at being made in 1976 for both of them.

M19.jpg

Thunderbolt

Last edited:
I went up to M&Ms today hoping to pick up an older model 59/66 Yugo SKS I saw there last weekend but it was already sold. When I saw the ported grenade launcher and cheap price, I knew I shoulda got it right then. Second time I left a rifle sitting there and went back only to find it gone.[crying]
I didn't need another but I wound getting an unissued 59/66 instead. Price was steep compared to what they were years ago but still fair compared to what vendors are getting and I got to pick from 3 different ones. Plus there is a rumor that whats here in the states now is the last of them.
I wanted something to degrease when I'm on vacation in a few weeks but already cleaned more than half of it today after getting home.[laugh]
Before and after pics to follow when its done.

Here are a few before shots:

YugoNew.jpg

YugoNew1-1.jpg

Tons of cosmolene and some great looking grain to the stock.

Here are a few after shots:

cleanYugo.jpg

CleanYugo1.jpg

The Cherrys stamp has gotten a little sloppy but they do import some damn fine guns.[smile]

Last edited:
I went up to M&Ms today hoping to pick up an older model 59/66 Yugo SKS I saw there last weekend but it was already sold. When I saw the ported grenade launcher and cheap price, I knew I shoulda got it right then. Second time I left a rifle sitting there and went back only to find it gone.[crying]
I didn't need another but I wound getting an unissued 59/66 instead. Price was steep compared to what they were years ago but still fair compared to what vendors are getting and I got to pick from 3 different ones. Plus there is a rumor that whats here in the states now is the last of them.
I wanted something to degrease when I'm on vacation in a few weeks but already cleaned more than half of it today after getting home.[laugh]
Before and after pics to follow when its done.

Here are a few before shots:

YugoNew.jpg

YugoNew1-1.jpg

Tons of cosmolene and some great looking grain to the stock.

Here are a few after shots:

cleanYugo.jpg

CleanYugo1.jpg

The Cherrys stamp has gotten a little sloppy but they do import some damn fine guns.[smile]

Amazing what a good cleaning will do, Looks fantastic, great metal, really nice stock...

Last edited:
I suspect it's gonna get real busy on this thread come Saturday evening........

I should have waited for the tax break on picking up the Yugo but everytime I pass on something at M&Ms its gone when I go back for it. There are 2 more Yugos left still in the grease and 1 cleaned for $20 extra.
Don't wait people if you've been thinking on getting one! More and more C&R dealers are stopping shipments to Mass and some have stopped shipping semi autos here no matter what FFL you hold.
There is a slight possibility more Yugo rifles will come into the country but the SKS is on the endangered list recently named by politicians.
I got another because I didn't want to wait for them to go as high as the Russian models which is exactly what will happen in short time. $100 jump in just 2 years already. [shocked]

I couldn't leave this one in the shop:
http://www.topguntours.co.uk/Resources/Colt king cobra.jpg
Mine has a little more wear (let's just call it Charactor [wink]) on the finish.

Went to eat across the street from Roache's in Cambridge, I convinced the wife to make a detour. Well now I have a Colt Trooper .357 [smile]

Been wanting a .357 for a while now!

I'll probably post picks when I get back from Vermont.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

237L.jpg

My first rifle! Looks just like this one, but was made in 1989 based on SN. Looks in great shape. Came with a mounted Bushnell 3-9X by 32mm scope. Total package=$150

I still need to pick up my Savage Model 12...

The mail lady dropped this off today. S&W K-22 Pre 17, 5 screw, circa 1955. Shows some good honest wear but it's it's tight and clean.

k22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom