New Acquisitions for August 2007

08_11_0.jpg

08_11_1.jpg

my brand new loaded m1a

thanx to tax free day!

also...i cant say it enough...HUGE thanks to the four seasons crew...i was in and out of the store today in no time due to all the staff they had on hand...again another huge thanx to John over there for getting on his distributor and making sure i had the rifle by today...and thanx to all you guys who had a part in helping me drain my wallet and talking me into buying the rifle!!!

my brand new loaded m1a

thanx to tax free day!

also...i cant say it enough...HUGE thanks to the four seasons crew...i was in and out of the store today in no time due to all the staff they had on hand...again another huge thanx to John over there for getting on his distributor and making sure i had the rifle by today...and thanx to all you guys who had a part in helping me drain my wallet and talking me into buying the rifle!!!

That is one sweet rifle! Good grab BH!!!

Jr

Jon,

That is effin' gorgeous. I love the old wheelguns!
Thanks, Jay. Like I said, it has some wear but no rust or pitting.
I was going to buy one of the used Model 17s that FS has but when I saw this come up, I opted for it instead. Not only because it's older but there's nothing like using your C&R[wink] They call it the K22 Masterpiece for a reason from what I hear and I'll find out later this week when I take it out.
It has the proper Diamond Magna stocks on it but I haven't checked to see if they match. I was thinking of picking up a pair of target stocks to see how they are or maybe a set of Ahrends later down the road.
Jon, nice find. Will Barb let you shoot it too? [wink]
Find? What find?[smile]

08_11_0.jpg

08_11_1.jpg

my brand new loaded m1a

thanx to tax free day!

Sure you have room for it...[wink]

Nice pick up, you won't be dissapointed.

Does this count? [grin]

tin.jpg

Bulgarian 53' stamped ammo on #10 (Bulgarian code) factory stripper clips.
This is for a few M44s that will be coming soon.

Meet the .22's. Actually bought the Savage last month. Pretty nice gun, but my buddies semi made me grab a Ruger 10/22.

SavaMark IIF w/Nikon 3-9x40 scope
Savage_MKII_11.JPG

Ruger 10/22 plain and simple
Ruger1022_11.JPG

Here's the beast I've transformed the Ruger into w/Nikon 3-9x40 scope [smile]
Ruger1022_mod_11.JPG

Jr

I promised myself last month I was not going to get any more guns for awhile. Looks like I lied.

First up: Olympic AR15. The Hyundai of AR's but it shoots good and the price was right.
IMG_0490.jpg

Next - a couple of Remington shotguns. Belonged to a friend's dad who passed away some time ago and they sat in his cellar forgotten and starting to rust. He signed them over to me and I took a little time getting them cleaned up. One is a 1965 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge:
IMG_0485.jpg

The other is a 1950 Model 31L 16 gauge. Apparently the 31L is not all that common, they were made with an aluminum receiver to save weight. Sadly I know as much about shotguns as I know about women - even though I've been married to the same one for 20 years. Guessing that the shotguns will be easier to figure out.
IMG_0481.jpg

I promise no more for awhile! Now if you'll excuse me I have to check the E-store to see if the CMP got my Garand order yet...[hmmm]

Last edited:
Mouse gun !

No, not this one !
mousegun.jpg

This one ! Its the Allies .32 I picked up from Ninemil a coupl'a days ago.
Mousie1.jpg

Not bad for an 80 year old popgun, eh ? Range report to follow.

My latest acquisition. A Glock 21 from pjohn. Just right for home defense handgun now that I'm ready to step up from 9mm.
P8160416.jpg
P8160415.jpg

Here they are:

newMosins.jpg

A 1944 Tula M44:

TulaM44.jpg

and a 1943 Izhevsk:

43M44.jpg

Two rare models for a good price. Oddly enough the 1944 came with the older original looking sling and pouch. [rolleyes]
Both are import marked by R Guns and PW receiver stamps but are light and with a little cold blue will still be there but less noticeable. Both are counterbored but have great bores. The 44 has stamped matching buttplate and bolt and EP'd mag. The 43 is factory stamped all around.[rockon]

Just picked up this 1979 HK93:

HK93.jpg

Shown with Big Brother HK91
HKRifles.jpg

The whole Family (91, 93, Mark 23, USP Compacr .45 and Hk94 clone (Bobcat)

HKFamily.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom