New Acquisitions December 2015

Better stock up on these...

chocolate-ammo.jpg

Went to the post office yesterday to claim my yellow tag. AC41 (July) P38, 90%, presentation case, two e359 proofed magazines. Mauser HSc (January 1943), 97%, have a second magazine in my safe.

T.

Did you win the lottery? You seem to buy some cool guns on a regular basis and I am officially jealous! Oh, I know, no kids! Or kids graduated from college? Paid off mortgage? Am I getting too personal with somebody I don't know?

I have several collections that I'm working on: Colt, Marlin, Henry, Browning, Glock, and Ruger, one of each!

Got a really nice ultrasonic cleaner today and tried it out on a 9mm AR bolt. Worked great but it takes forever to get up to temperature. Anybody else have a heated one? Do you start w warm water?

Here's a marlin I picked up not too long ago. A marlin 1894 JM stamped pre-safety in .357 mag/.38 special. Serial # shows it's a 1981. Got it in a pawn shop in North Carolina for less than the going price on remlin 336. Not sure if I'm putting it up for sale or keeping it in the collection.

20151226_005142.jpg
20151226_005232.jpg
20151226_005030.jpg

Usually I'll fire up the heater about an hour before I plan to use it. I imagine you plan to get more than one use from the solution, so starting with warm water will only help every so often.
Got a really nice ultrasonic cleaner today and tried it out on a 9mm AR bolt. Worked great but it takes forever to get up to temperature. Anybody else have a heated one? Do you start w warm water?

Here's a marlin I picked up not too long ago. A marlin 1894 JM stamped pre-safety in .357 mag/.38 special. Serial # shows it's a 1981. Got it in a pawn shop in North Carolina for less than the going price on remlin 336. Not sure if I'm putting it up for sale or keeping it in the collection.

View attachment 154349
View attachment 154350
View attachment 154351

Awesome piece. I have one and it became my favorite rifle really fast.
Light, short and cheap to shoot. Really fun for close up or lobbing wadcutters at the 200 yard steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I start with warm water and run it with the warmer. I use dish detergent to break down oils.

1943 Swedish M42B Ljungman. Stock disk gives the bore a tight 6.489mm, and a perfect 1/3 on the groves. Original 1959 marked sling. Cleaning kit, bayonet.

T

Last edited:
Suppressors order in July, 1911 in November, all delivered this week [grin] .

wilson combat CQB
IMG_0358.jpg

Griffin Armament Revolution 45
IMG_0356.jpg

Saker 7.62
IMG_0355.jpg

Gonna be a fun weekend.

99304a3fa92cb5b8fe272e2afd0053f1.jpg

Just mock up .
Got the free float yesterday in the mail. 70$ ...
Got the 20" bull barrel from my friend . Def need to add flutes or find to lighten . Weighs a ton.
Thinking of getting a side charging upper .

Last hurrah for 2015. May 1918 M17 by Smith and Wesson. WWII refurbished Parkerized finish about 95%. Cylinder matches the butt strap.

T

Last edited:
Last hurrah for 2015. May 1918 M17 by Smith and Wesson. WWII refurbished Parkerized finish about 95%. Cylinder matches the butt strap.

T

Super jealous. I love the 1917. I have a 625 and its great. The 1917 is just classy though. I do have some half moon clipped 45 ammo head stamped 1918 in original clips. Cool little conversation pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom