• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisition October 2023

BPpistol1.jpg BPpistol.jpg

I thought this would display well with my Miroku "Brown Bess" musket. What the heck. It didn't cost much and I already have plenty of black powder and flints. Now I just have to see if I have a round ball mold of the proper size. If not, off to Track of the wolf.
The bore is clean but the frizzen face has a few scuffs indicating it has been fired a couple of times. The lock works as it should and the spring seems good. We'll see.

Needs a firing pin( missing).

**UPDATE 10/14/2023**
-Got a firing pin from
Firingpins.com

Had to perform some fitting and shorten the pin slightly.
Installed with inertia spring and reassembled
Function test works, (dowel down barrel, shoots out when trigger pulled)

Need to pick up some 25acp and do a live fire test soon!!!...............or maybe a primed case first??
either way,
Not bad for over 100 years old!!!
fp.jpg
IMG_0926.jpeg IMG_0495.jpeg IMG_0497.jpeg

Last edited:
i did not know that,
BUT……..…
This is a French copy, with an internal hammer and a magazine disconnect safety
”Pistole Automatique cal 6.35mm”
“Vindex”
I am still researching it down, trying to pin point a date, etc.
i paid $54.99 for it.
i ordered a firing pin,
i am going to clean it up and make it functional again
Did you know that is the gun that John M Browning himself carried most of the time!

But honey it followed me home! Anybody go to the open house at Old Glory today? My taste tends to be toward the unique or unusual. So here I have my new Cimarron Schofield revolver in .45lc. Picked up a speed loader and a box of boolets to feed this beast. It’s got the 5 inch barrel which is a bit more manageable than a longer one.

Attachments

• IMG_1764.jpeg
    IMG_1764.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1769.jpeg
    IMG_1769.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1767.jpeg
    IMG_1767.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1768.jpeg
    IMG_1768.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
But honey it followed me home! Anybody go to the open house at Old Glory today? My taste tends to be toward the unique or unusual. So here I have my new Cimarron Schofield revolver in .45lc. Picked up a speed loader and a box of boolets to feed this beast. It’s got the 5 inch barrel which is a bit more manageable than a longer one.
You win for the month. Only way it could be better is if it were a Russian.

Back
Top Bottom