• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Never thought I wanted a 7.62mm AR15 until...............

I got some promo material from Larue about the OSR last week. I really want one badly but having no job kind of makes that a pipe dream for the time being.

Maybe we could do a group buy and they would knock off 20% or more. C-pher?
Even at 20% off I would still have to sell a kidney.LOL

I love LaRue stuff, and a lot of others as well, but found after building my first AR I like to build it the way I want to the first go around.

And instead of a 7.62 upper group buy, maybe a lower instead. But like everything, right now is not the time. We got VERY lucky with Remsport Mfg. willing to do this for us.

Armalite AR-10 is KING!! if want to droole all i need to do is walk downstairs and open up my safe!!

Last edited:
7.62x39 (I assume that's what this is) was never my idea of the optimal sniper round.

Nope these are 7.62x51 rifles.

If you like these check out the CMMG stuff. They have a lower that will take G3 mags. The best part is you can build it if you want too. It'll use all of the DPMS .308 parts.

What is the deal with an "optimized sniper rifle" set up for CQB? I don't get it.

B

I was thinking the same thing. I have two M4s in 223 set up for this, but would think a 16" bbl with a 7.62 rnd would decrease it's effectiveness. It is a sharp looking rifle though. But I like the one above it, obviously without the silencer.

I'm sure they are both very nice rifles. I don't have any first hand experience with their stuff but I've heard all their stuff is very good. The 20MOA base built in is nice if you are shooting long distances. I guess if they give it an acronym they can sell it for more.

B

If you like these check out the CMMG stuff. They have a lower that will take G3 mags. The best part is you can build it if you want too. It'll use all of the DPMS .308 parts.

Please stop. You guys are killing me. First it was the group buys. Then the threads about ammo prices going up and shortages. Now you just gave me a reason to go out and buy a crapload of those cheap G3 mags I keep seeing around but couldn't justify.

Whoops! The photo in the add doesn't look like a .308 lower (looks standard .223 to me).
If this is just a .308 AR, why not just buy a DPMS for about a $1000 less?

Whoops! The photo in the add doesn't look like a .308 lower (looks standard .223 to me).
If this is just a .308 AR, why not just buy a DPMS for about a $1000 less?

I don't believe there is any such thing as a pre-ban DPMS 308 mag. With a CMMG lower you can use the G3 mags - which are extremely cheap, plentiful, and pre-ban.

The only question is: is the premium you will pay for the lower worth it to you to be able to use the cheaper - and higher cap MA legal - mags.

You might easily make up the difference if you wanted to have multiple mags for the rifle

DPMS 10 Round mag: $69.97
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG520-36.html

10 surplus G3 magazines for $29.95
http://www.robertrtg.com/g3magazinensurplus.html

You would quickly make up the difference in the mag cost if you bought even just a few mags. DPMS .308 lower is $327.99:

http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/item.aspx?pid=74064

The CMMG lower is something like $450

I boughty C-Product mags for my DPMS LR260 in 20-rd capacity for about $30 through CDNN. You are correct, they are not pre-ban.
I really have no use for a 20rd mag in this rifle, but they are available and I figured I better have a couple.[grin]

Sweet machine!!

I always wanted one of those,or an FN..

But in todays political atmosphere I would say that thing has a finite availability.. And I feel the need!!! Quickly [thinking]

I've got one on order [smile] - not in production yet, their doing another mag version first.

It's not going to be an inexpensive build.......but it's going to be fun.

Why do this instead of just buying a DPMS? Well, the models that DPMS can ship into the PRofMA aren't the ones I'm interested in, and I already have a bunch of G3 mags - instead of paying $45 for 10 round DPMS mags.

Oh, and I like building rifles almost as much as I like shooting them!!

Back
Top Bottom