NES Milsurp Shoot (dial-up beware!)

editor7

NES Member
What a wonderful day and Mansfield Fish and Game for the NES Milsurp Shoot. The NES members I have met at various shoots, are just a great group of people to share a great time with. I can't wait until the next one.

Here is my attempt at some mediocre pictures and video clips of today's event. (BTW, I am not LenS' personal photographer; he just happened to be in the right place at the right time [smile])

IMG_0032s.jpg

IMG_0022s.jpg

IMG_0011s.jpg

IMG_0003s.jpg

IMG_0007s.jpg

IMG_0008s.jpg

IMG_0009s.jpg

IMG_0010s.jpg

IMG_0012s.jpg

IMG_0013s.jpg

IMG_0014s.jpg

IMG_0015s.jpg

IMG_0021s.jpg

IMG_0016s.jpg

IMG_0017s.jpg

IMG_0019s.jpg

IMG_0020s.jpg

IMG_0024s.jpg

IMG_0025s.jpg

IMG_0026s.jpg

IMG_0033s.jpg

IMG_0034s.jpg

IMG_0036s.jpg

Last edited:
Glad this was another sucess ! I got stuck hauling and cleaning things from one end of the house to the other to appease the Mrs.

Did you get any pictures or normal people?[rofl] These people seem to like shooting guns so there must be something wrong with them![thinking]

Me with my mouth open...big surprise.[rolleyes][smile][rofl]I wonder what great point I'm pontificating on at this point.[wink]

Probably giving me a tip on how to actually hit the target (much needed based on my results!). BTW thanks again for the stripper clips.

I had a great time, and offer a sincere thanks to all who made it happen.

Chris

question

I have one question folks....what in the heck is on Len's shoulder????????[rofl][rofl] Only kidding Len.

Great photos. I do like the one with me and Stoney Peter trying to fix the feed jam on the staple gun![wink]

I have one question folks....what in the heck is on Len's shoulder????????[rofl][rofl] Only kidding Len.

Great photos. I do like the one with me and Stoney Peter trying to fix the feed jam on the staple gun![wink]

An attempt to pad the shoulder so that I didn't suffer from nasty recoil on a shoulder that already had had a torn rotator cuff. Pad wasn't set right for heavy clothing (last used in FL over a T-shirt) and I finally gave up on it. Today the shoulder is fine, in spite of shooting the M44 and K31.

Did you tap, rack and roll on the staple gun??

pics

Len, glad that the shoulder is OK, you must admit it did look like a depends in the picture[rofl]. As to the feed jam I opened the slide, cleared the spent staple and found to have a broken extractor.
Also could someone tell me what page of the C+R book the ROMAK is located[hmmm]

The only other rifle I have ever fired besides what I shot yesterday is a M-16. I got a nice big bruise in the small of my shoulder and my right arm feels dead today from firing anything bigger than a .223 but man was it worth it.[smile]

Some more pix from yesterday...

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00866.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00879.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

DSC00881.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

DSC00885.jpg

And as nominee for silliest trailer hitch decoration of 2008 (seen in the BassPro parking lot after the shoot), we have Rudolph the Red-nosed... well, I can't describe him accurately without being obscene, but let's just say that you'd be as wide-eyed as him if you had a hitch ball shoved up your disposition!

DSC00889.jpg

The only other rifle I have ever fired besides what I shot yesterday is a M-16. I got a nice big bruise in the small of my shoulder and my right arm feels dead today from firing anything bigger than a .223 but man was it worth it.[smile]

Join the club, Ross let me fire his M1 and it slipped off my shoulder on to my bicep and I fired the next round before re positioning the rifle and I still feel it today. THANK'S ROSS!!!![smile]

Join the club, Ross let me fire his M1 and it slipped off my shoulder on to my bicep and I fired the next round before re positioning the rifle and I still feel it today. THANK'S ROSS!!!![smile]

My only photo that came out. Ross shooting his non C&R Enfield (heh, heh)
Wow... "pick on Ross" day. [rolleyes] Hey, Rob, I DID tell you to use the sling, y'know...

As for the non C&R Enfield... did anyone but me notice the UNIVERSAL M1 carbine on the line? Y'know... the one with the CIVILIAN receiver?

On a side note, I'd like to thank Weer'd Beard for showing me something about my Enfield that I didn't know - namely that the magazine wasn't FIXED.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Oh, and Rick & Fred? You're welcome. (I wasn't the only one who learned something... they learned something about M1 Carbines, but I'll let them tell it!)

Wow... "pick on Ross" day. [rolleyes] Hey, Rob, I DID tell you to use the sling, y'know...

As for the non C&R Enfield... did anyone but me notice the UNIVERSAL M1 carbine on the line? Y'know... the one with the CIVILIAN receiver?

On a side note, I'd like to thank Weer'd Beard for showing me something about my Enfield that I didn't know - namely that the magazine wasn't FIXED.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Oh, and Rick & Fred? You're welcome. (I wasn't the only one who learned something... they learned something about M1 Carbines, but I'll let them tell it!)

The Range officer want the bolt open on our M1 carbines when the line was cold both Rick and I did not know how to do it and Ross stepped up to the plate!!!! [kiss] And showed us the little BUTTON That does the job.

Fred

Yeah, the range officer asked me whether M1 carbines had a hold open. I brought two of mine (and yes, I had the bolts open)

My shoulder isn't sore whatsoever. I think I put 100 round through three different Mosins, about fifty rounds through my carbines, and a bunch through my Enfield. I played hockey this morning too. (not to brag, just saying)

You guys need to shoot more heavy ball out of your M44s, it'll build up your shoulder in no time (or tear it off)

My shoulder isn't sore whatsoever. I think I put 100 round through three different Mosins, about fifty rounds through my carbines, and a bunch through my Enfield.

Mine neither and I was shooting the Steyr M95 which to me kicks worse than an M44. Coulda been my Survivor Man type layers of clothing that added padding or maybe its cause we're younger than some of the "older" shooters that were there yesterday.[laugh]

Mine neither and I was shooting the Steyr M95 which to me kicks worse than an M44. Coulda been my Survivor Man type layers of clothing that added padding or maybe its cause we're younger than some of the "older" shooters that were there yesterday.[laugh]

[laugh2]

In all seriousness, the Tula '25 M91/30 I bought on a whim (actually I bought two on a whim a few months back) performed beyond expectations on its first trip to the range. I was nailing clays with it. And pumpkin remnants.

Nah. I brought three, but most of the others brought one or less. Lots of Mosins on the line but not even close to 50%.

100% correct. Thanks Ross, what you should've done was given me a [slap] and told me to read the book that came with it from CMP. On a serious note, one of the great things about this forum is the knowledge/experience of it's members and their willingness to share it.
1 rep point to the Dwarven1.

100% correct. Thanks Ross, what you should've done was given me a [slap] and told me to read the book that came with it from CMP.
You're welcome, Rick, and thank you for letting me put some lead through that Inland!

Now... you're cordially invited to the Appleseed shoot at Harvard on Patriot's Day so you can REALLY wring that carbine out! [smile]

I know I'm a little late in posting this, but I really did have a blast on Saturday. Thank you to every one who made it possible. I'm looking forward to the next shoot.[smile]

Gee, Ross, I thought you would've gotten after folks for not using their slings (j/k).

Looks like a good time was had by all.

Edited to add:

I wonder if we could arrange an Appleseed at that range?

Last edited:
Gee, Ross, I thought you would've gotten after folks for not using their slings (j/k).

Looks like a good time was had by all.

Edited to add:

I wonder if we could arrange an Appleseed at that range?
I did, Rog... Hey, Ripach is going to get a sling for his carbine, so someone was listening!

And we could ask 50 BMG, as he's the club president. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom